Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:00:15 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 22, 2024, 01:44:39 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 6p Egletons  (Read 24129 times)
GORKHALI Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2012, 11:49:14 am »

I don't know who the map lead is ,so can who ever resposible is for maps can upload my map  so players can try it out,...thx gork

tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2012, 11:54:52 am »

I don't know who the map lead is ,so can who ever resposible is for maps can upload my map  so players can try it out,...thx gork

Does your map have ALL of these items?

Basic criteria:

- Map must have been playtested at least once
- Map must have a loading screen, a map preview image and a proper ingame name. (For example Abbeville (6) instead of 6p_Abbeville). Map description is optional.
- Map should have a proper atmosphere setting (i.e not the basic WBs or something similar, taking a Relic map preset is advised)
- Map needs to meet a minimum standard of quality in terms of appearance. (Usage of Splats, splines and sufficient level of detailing)

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
GORKHALI Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2012, 12:05:12 pm »

Yes,it has everthing that eir map needs,so can u plz upload it  Wink
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2012, 07:59:50 pm »

McGrens also has that all. Upload mayne

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2012, 08:03:27 pm »

Here's the scoop.

I am just getting my little screwed up world builder issue corrected. The I will attempt my first try at uploading maps. I will try with one of mine so as not to fuck up one of yours....

So, when you see an update on the launcher for Adaire or D-Day, you will know I figured it out. Once that happens, I am going to start a new thread for everyone to post their maps into for upload.

Until then.... add some more cool features to your map.
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2012, 08:19:43 pm »

TBH, the whole "give credit" thing is a load of bullshit really.

The reality is, you would be a complete fucking moron to waste time rebuilding something that has already been built.

No one said anyone should have to rebuild something that is already built.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with stamping from another map and no one, not one, not even slightly has any person in this thread said that. You invented that mythology by yourself.

This is about saying (Hey everyone I just made a new map!) and then adding as a small aside (oh yeah, also I borrowed some elements such as X from y,z and q. They were made by someone else but I think they fit really well. Enjoy!)

I didnt say it was a rule and i did not say it was the law.

Everything in World Builder is from CoH, so should we give them credit every time we use one of the objects from the list? Every time we build a road with a ditch, should we credit the guy who made the first road with a ditch?

This is a very, very, very shitty argument.

The worldbuilder is a tool, what people create with it is their hard work. Ive built stairs using the world builder even more complex than the ones in this map (my map Rouen had double layers converging on a triangular point), and let me tell you: that shit takes hours to get right. Its grueling, but its worth it.

If someone wanted to use the stairs I made on their map I would be honoured, but I would be a little ticked off if they neglected or refused to mention that someone else had made those stairs. Itd be like a musician taking a 10 second chunk from another musicians song and fitting it into theirs and then saying to everyone: (hey! Look at this new song I wrote!)  

Its about a simple aknowledgement that someone elses work contributed to your map.  (and Gork added that to his original post anyway, so your additional outrage is even more absurd as he obviously saw the need to do it)

Again I didnt say he had to or that it was the law. Just that, in the interest of the person whos hard work he borrowed, he should probably give a little credit.

So stop overreacting and stop ignorantly (or intentionally) misreading what I wrote like a rodeo clown buffoon.

« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 08:37:40 pm by TheWindCriesMary » Logged

Vermillion Hawk: Do you ever make a post that doesnt make you come across as an extreme douchebag?

Just sayin'
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2012, 08:49:13 pm »

If you do not want people to use your work with out credit, then do not post it for use on a free, public, open environment......

The point I am trying to make Wind, is it is not necessary to make a credit remark in maps. If you want to, that is your personal right, but do not try make it everyone's responsibility.

but he should give credit if it is borrowed (the stairs)

This is not necessary, but your personal choice.
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2013, 12:28:51 am »

Hence why I didn't say "Here decreeth the law of the land, all must credit when they borrow other people's map work". It's an opinion not a law.

He did give credit though for borrowing someone else's work. He didn't have to, but he did and that is a very good thing to do in EiR Map making and in life.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 12:34:16 am by TheWindCriesMary » Logged
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2013, 04:09:51 am »

Hence why I didn't say "Here decreeth the law of the land, all must credit when they borrow other people's map work". It's an opinion not a law.

He did give credit though for borrowing someone else's work. He didn't have to, but he did and that is a very good thing to do in EiR Map making and in life.

Excellent...... we are happy you are happy
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2013, 04:51:11 am »

Next time read better and I'll be even happier
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2013, 11:19:19 am »

Next time read better and I'll be even happier

I read just fine little miss attitudy Judy......

Lets just make this perfectly clear:

You are entitled to your flawed opinion, just as anyone else on these forums is entitled to their opinion.
My intent was to clearly state that the development team of this mod and the owners of these very forums you use to express your opinion, unequivocally disagree with your opinion.

At the risk of sounding like I am repeating myself.....let me quote myself to reaffirm the intent.

If you do not want people to use your work with out credit, then do not post it for use on a free, public, open environment......

The point I am trying to make Wind, is it is not necessary to make a credit remark in maps. If you want to, that is your personal right, but do not try make it everyone's responsibility.

This is not necessary, but your personal choice.

We all realize it is your uncontrollable nature to have the last word in all discussions, so feel free to do so. Just try to be a less insulting about it and we can go back to ignoring each other.
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2013, 02:40:11 pm »

So, when you see an update on the launcher for Adaire or D-Day, you will know I figured it out. Once that happens, I am going to start a new thread for everyone to post their maps into for upload.

Until then.... add some more cool features to your map.

Cool that you try to expand your responsibilities as a sort of map lead. It's time to add a bunch of new maps which are getting build/tweaked in the last few days.

9th Armoured Engineers
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2013, 04:17:16 pm »

I read just fine little miss attitudy Judy......

Actually no, you read like an idiot.

The fact that you argued (really, really shittily) against something I didn't even say notwithstanding, you also need to sit down and take a hard drink of your own advice.

Don't like my opinion on a matter? Big deal, get over it. It's not the law of the land and you need to figure that out.

I didn't pay to become a mod that I'm not qualified to be, unlike you, so we don't have to worry about what I say being passed into scripture.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 04:20:45 pm by TheWindCriesMary » Logged
GORKHALI Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2013, 05:01:35 pm »

I finished the map completly i playtested it it works fine and it has all the features sectors and details that eir basic maps require , pls add the map to module so that players can play test it , its hard for me  to convince to play test the map (i tried and asked but didn't succed to get enough players) and the old link is dead coz i am updationg the map file with Beta map version 2

download link : http://www.gamefront.com/files/22806473/6p_Frontline_Ville.rar
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 11:02:18 pm by GORKHALI » Logged
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2013, 06:19:19 pm »

Ladies...Ladies, put the epeens away, we all know wind's is the biggest

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2013, 07:19:34 pm »

Gork, please make an effort to create a usable name.

Basic criteria:
- Map must be created, or modified, with EIR gameplay in mind. (Proper sector layout, no base-building areas, etc)
- Map must be in a playable and relatively completed state. (I.e Having a part of the map still 'empty' is unacceptable)
- Map must have been playtested at least once
- Map must have a loading screen, a map preview image and a proper ingame name. (For example Abbeville (6) instead of 6p_Abbeville).
- Map should have a proper atmosphere setting (i.e not the basic WBs or something similar, taking a Relic map preset is advised)
- Map needs to meet a minimum standard of quality in terms of appearance. (Usage of Splats, splines and sufficient level of detailing)
- Map names must keep within the theme of Coh. Silly names like '6p sup' or '6p frontline ville' are not acceptable....put some thought into your names.
chefarzt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2013, 07:48:30 pm »

Adaire sux , 3 threads wont help it.
Ohhh
And Happy new year

This community is full of a bunch of mindless idiots with memories like two year olds.

https://www.etsy.com/de/shop/ShitGlitter?ref=l2-shop-header-avatar
I'm not sure what you're so defensive about Tank.
 he makes shab look like a princess giving food to the poor.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2013, 08:19:23 pm »

Adaire sux , 3 threads wont help it.
Ohhh
And Happy new year

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
GORKHALI Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2013, 05:07:24 am »

so u come at the last moment i cannot choose what map name i want , LULZ,,..so be it ,.. Egletons is it then the real name of the centre of the map , i did as u wished now upload the damn map  Tongue u need to unzip or unrar it and it is in sga format .

6p_Egletons map Version 3

http://www.gamefront.com/files/22807997/6p_Egletons.rar

this map is finalized and it has all the features that eir basic map requires so don't ask me again,.. Cool

and i cannot post in ur map upload link if u r making it private topic where only advanced members can post why ask ppl to post there where they don't have acess to  Sad
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 05:48:07 am by GORKHALI » Logged
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2013, 08:16:29 am »

Sorry Gork, I did not realize the topic was locked. You can post there now
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc