Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:05:44 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[April 25, 2024, 04:28:22 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: D_Day  (Read 19860 times)
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« on: December 31, 2012, 02:48:39 am »

« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 06:14:36 pm by tank130 » Logged

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 03:13:53 am »

looks nice  Wink

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 04:25:20 am »

Looks good man, but I guess I will always see the clown now

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 05:47:44 am »

Good job. Now you have the buildings and the roads and the light cover. All you lack is heavy cover.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2012, 06:21:57 am »

gooby pls dis map looks pretty shit.... hot

« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 06:25:38 am by deadbolt » Logged

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2012, 11:01:50 am »

All that spicy maps which are floating around..

9th Armoured Engineers
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2012, 11:50:57 am »

Looks good man, but I guess I will always see the clown now

+1

i cant wait to start checking out all these new maps.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2013, 10:29:40 pm »

Map is good to go. Just needs some testing if you gents would be so kind.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/88oxm6
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2013, 08:23:24 pm »

from the title I expected this to be a Ray/Colossus thread.

On another note, map looks good, nice work.

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
Heartmann Offline
Officer of Kindness

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2013, 11:18:52 pm »

Ty tank for effort v nice

In the basement getting drunk.
It's not really creepy until I show up.............

- I've heard of being an animal in bed but...

- The phallic principle of the Navy Wink
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2013, 07:15:48 pm »

After playing this map tank, ive noticed a few slight issues.

1. the north side of the cliff trenches does not have enough access to the trenches or the area between the trenches and the cliffs.
(as indicated by the red arrow)

2. the trenches themselves favor one side (the south side). perhaps putting in another enterance at the red circle would help eleviate this.

3. By doing this you would give the north spawns a fair counter to any opposite atg deployment behind the trenches on the south side (indicated by the yellow marker)

Otherwise i bloody enjoyed the freshness of this map !

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2013, 07:18:01 pm »

Thanks corps.

I will see if any other suggestions come in the next couple of days and make the changes. Thanks for playing the map.
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2013, 09:24:55 am »

The homestead with the northern grove of ?apple trees (or whatever the saplings are) seems far too easy to lolk garrison with a single MG to lock down that side of the map-- an 8 pop lockdown (MG + ATG/PAK). Maybe considering some shell cratering in the field directly to the east (where the bluffs give way to a beach exit) for a viable flanking option (assuming spawns are running North-South).

Adding some Heavy cover walls around the town square sidewalks would create some prolonged play and jockeying for cover control. In the current configuration, it would simply be a question of who can rush an MG to their respective house to lock down the square and start creeping foreward. This would also leave some cover around later in a match; rather than using Flamers or Grenades to clear MGs etc out of houses, I personally just bring up my ATGs and blow up the respective house.

Throw down a pair of planters or tree saplings at the enterance of the church. It comes across as a little bare as of now.

Overall, me gusta.

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2013, 09:55:55 am »

Thanks Volks, I appreciate the input.

It is hard to decide what to do at times. I have had input from Leo in regards to NOT putting in a bunch of detail as it becomes cluttered and causes issues with pathing.

The church area drove me crazy because of it's lack of detail. Actually, all the buildings at the center. In real life they would have walls and planters etc. Even chairs and stuff.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2013, 10:01:51 am »

Fuck it tank put it in, if they do mess with pathing remove a bit. Fine tune it till we find a good mix between cover and  pathing
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2013, 11:28:28 am »

use some bushes etc or market carts if you can implement it to look right, its only really cars and big trees that effect pathing big time and so long as the roads are open there shouldnt be a single fuck given if they were added

tankedit: Unrelated pic removed
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 11:50:38 am by tank130 » Logged
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2013, 12:20:17 pm »

For towns I'd suggest using boxes and similar objects for light cover and not bushes. Like this:

tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2013, 12:28:39 pm »

D_Day:

I didn't enjoy playing on this map as I found the spawn area, or rather just outside the beach spawn area to be really awkward. I know that it's in early testing though and that the big trench is in works to being fixed so I'll comment further then.

Could you elaborate on this a bit? Is it just the lack of trench entries that made it feel awkward or something else?

I am more then willing to do what needs to be done to make this map work. I have 18 hours into creating it, I would like it to get played....lol
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2013, 12:41:18 pm »

I think it's mainly the limited entrances to the beach and the trench. If you want to capture the beach or the trench you have to fall back almost all the way to your spawn and then attack.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2013, 06:09:44 pm »

I am wondering if this is more of a sector issue then a design issue? I have posted two images in case someone wants to use one as an example.

Here was my thought when I created the map. The width from left to the top of the cliffs is exactly the width of Neuville. I assumed this would be the main battle area. The beach was never intended as a strategic area and has little value other then an addition flanking area. The length is the same as Neuville

The purpose of the beach area was more for 'theme' of the map rather then the 'purpose' of the map, but that is not really the issue.

If you want to capture the beach or the trench you have to fall back almost all the way to your spawn and then attack.

This part confuses me.
The center of the map is 3 sectors from spawns. The entrance to the beach is in the 3rd sector of the south side and just a cunt hair outside the 3rd sector on the north side. I am not sure why you would need to fall back all the way to your spawn to get the beach?

Fixing the trench entrances is a no brainer. I am just worried perhaps the sectoring is causing an issue.

Something to also think about: The first 3 or 4 times we played Neuville, did we know the perfect place to go or how to get there? Would playing this map more often gives an opportunity to find better strats and game plans?

Please do not take that as I do not want to make changes. I just want to make sure I am making the right changes.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc