Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 01, 2024, 07:45:03 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coh 2 Preorder Beta  (Read 63770 times)
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #180 on: April 16, 2013, 12:55:34 pm »

Depends on how many games you played before you got level 16 of course.
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #181 on: April 16, 2013, 01:20:12 pm »

That's especially funny because I'm 16 in all four factions and I am not good at vCOH at all. I spend all my time micro'ing my units and forget to build shit.

EIRR illness xD

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #182 on: April 16, 2013, 06:08:41 pm »

Well it's also the case that flamethrowers normally roast units, but in that match a flame thrower ran past an mg and stood behind it flaming it, the mg was then turned around and killed 2 of the combat engineers forcing it to retreat with only one of the mg crew dieing.

It's just that a lot of infantry engagements seem to be much more random than vCOH.

So poor gameplay brings you to such assumptions?

gah between you and pony, its like reading the sega forum.

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #183 on: April 16, 2013, 07:15:52 pm »

Got to play one game, after that it crashed and failed to even get past the stat up screens to the main menu. Downloaded some patches this morning, able to get to loading the battle, feeling hyped. Now constantly crashes halfway through loading the battle.
So off i went to look at the warnings file:

[Fatal]Corrupt archive, file was art\armies\common\base\female_hair_hat\female_hair_hat.rgm, crc was 0

So now i'll go and check the integrity of the files. Hasn't helped multiple times. now it's saying diffrent files are corrupt

Sigh. Time for a re-install i suppose
terrapinsrock Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #184 on: April 16, 2013, 07:34:13 pm »

Been playing a few games the past day and a half, it's different from COH1 (I would say its more of a spiritual successor than a true successor), but I like the gameplay quite a bit.

Only complaints that I have is that they could improve the UI a bit and they need to iron out some of the multiplayer bugs.

Bit hard when its flaunted infront of you as a  broken reward piece of ass you'll never get to shag with.
Current Vets:

brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #185 on: April 17, 2013, 08:35:20 am »

The players in that cast were 'pro'? It looked like he joined a random custom game.

If that's what here is the 'scene' has a long way to go. Either that or I'll take my 1st place crown now

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #186 on: April 17, 2013, 08:42:12 am »

The players in that cast were 'pro'? It looked like he joined a random custom game.

If that's what here is the 'scene' has a long way to go. Either that or I'll take my 1st place crown now
i have seen better play from easy bots
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #187 on: April 17, 2013, 08:58:25 am »

i have seen better play from easy bots

Nice to know im not that bad.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
DjTerror Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #188 on: April 17, 2013, 02:54:00 pm »

Played same beta multiplayer and i must say i dont like it at all...  Sad
Blizzards are so blurry it hurty my eyes...
Pathfinding is screwd
entire feel is just "wrong"... it is not COH as it was so far
...like its made by some different Relic programers that were not involved in COH

... im not buying this  Sad
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #189 on: April 17, 2013, 03:41:03 pm »

The blizzard's are annoying to frequent.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #190 on: April 17, 2013, 05:03:37 pm »

haven't played beta, but in alpha just didn't like feel. would rather play eir.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #191 on: April 17, 2013, 06:03:55 pm »

Man, i love arty in coh 2.
costs no munition to fire, about 20 sec between when its barrage is done firing and when it can fire again and its pure spammability is amazing.

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
clonetroopers Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #192 on: April 17, 2013, 06:27:39 pm »

Its probably my graphics card, but r the infantry invisible to anyone else?
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #193 on: April 17, 2013, 06:28:43 pm »

Most likely just corrupt graphic files, for me all the t34s are purple so just go to your steam client and verify the coh 2 files, it will want to redownload a part of it and then you should be able to play it without invis inf.
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #194 on: April 18, 2013, 12:47:06 am »

I'll agree with other people, i managed to get it to work, eventually, but it doesn't feel.... right.

Especially vehicles. It's like the DOW2 tank battles. The are impressive, they don't feel the same. Maybe i'm just used to EIR:R, but it feels off. Doesn't have that real immersive, realistic kind of feel. I don't know how to explain it.

Infantry battles are great, fucking Molotovs though.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #195 on: April 18, 2013, 01:02:27 am »

Odd, I found tank battles more realistic.

Some of those ranges I think skew balance but I kinda like them(maybe not to the extreme they are now)

Infantry battles are nice. Getting caught out of cover hurts. I think flamers probably have too much range compared to rifles ranges. If ou don't build a flamer it's almost like a death sentence.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #196 on: April 18, 2013, 02:22:54 am »

Nah, since they got nerfed they ain't essential anymore. I never build adiitional engineers until h have tank to repair.

And tank battles do feel better than vcoh, you have to remember that EIRR tank battles are not really like vcoh's either.

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #197 on: April 18, 2013, 05:11:51 am »

Why are molotovs so bad against certain buildings? (like the wooden church in the middle of that 1v1 map).
Because just like incenderary greandes they do not hit the ENTIRE building, just parts of it, if there is no mans in the part of the house that's on fire then no bbq for you.
Why can an MG pack up, turn around, set down, and then kill a flammer squad before the flammer squad can kill them?
Because flamers should not kill a squad in 3 seconds, and flamers have always been quite random/temperamental weapons. His fault for not moving past the mg again while it was turning, total micro fail.
Why are MG's and Mortars not effected by the cold? It's fine that ATG's aren't cos they have green cover, but it makes no sense for other support equipment.
lmao, they are, tiggy plz
Why does the fire barrage do next to nothing on a direct hit with a unit? Why can a unit run through part of it and take barely any damage?
Because it's a fire barrage, fire does DoT damage, it's an area denail barrage and not that expensive for the huge area it covers, whats so hard to understand about that?
Why does a flamethrower take forever to kill the crew of an ATG despite the fact they are in green cover?
Because flamethrowers are temperamental, that's why.
What's the point in the 2% health boost on halftracks? It's neglegeble, and just wastes one of the bonus upgrades. You can't just have all of the bonuses as 2%, you need each bonus to have the same level of impact as the other's for each unit. 2% extra health does not have the same impact as 2% extra accuracy, except on units which have a ton of health and immunity to small arms.
Because anything more and they'd have a big impact on games, ala CoHO, and relic is unsure what they want to do with this.

Your questions are pretty damn obvious, in conclusion.... Tiggy plz
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #198 on: April 18, 2013, 06:55:16 am »

Nah tig, turning a 60% chance to hit onto a 61% chance to hit is still so marginal it's effectively as useless as turning 320hp into 326.4hp.

The chance that 1% would make a difference on an inf engagement is so minimal that you could go many, many games without it having any impact at all tbfh.
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #199 on: April 18, 2013, 06:59:51 am »

Doesn't have that real immersive, realistic kind of feel. I don't know how to explain it.

Infantry battles are great, fucking Molotovs though.

Sorry but Whaaaaat? Tank battles in CoH realistic? They always looked cartoonish to me, especially when gunner gets knocked out and flies like some clown catapulted out of his cannon. The ranges in CoH made it also quite the close quarter slugfest, with tanks driving into each others asses, shoving the barrle up the weakspot.

The last point is still valid for CoH2 but its not as often seen as in CoH1. Most tank battles are longer ranges and are more realistic than CoH.
And infantry battles also improved since CoH1. I really dont get all the "CoH2 looks cartoonish to me" or "things dont look realistic". CoH2 is more realistic and immersive than anything i have seen in CoH1, it feels like some angry fanbois are just dissing the game cause they want to show that CoH1 is da best.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc