Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:07:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 22, 2024, 01:44:39 am]

[March 10, 2024, 03:58:45 pm]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maus has to gtfo  (Read 32350 times)
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2013, 12:59:39 pm »

Units we need to throw out to make it a proper 1944 Normandy game...

KCH
Marines
Anzacs
Chaffe (lul, chaffee in normandy)
Ostwind (Questionable, very few were ever made)
Pershing (to late in the war)
Super Persh
Roo'
Comet (to late in the war)

I could go on, but notice how it's mostly allied stuff? Not really my fault that the Pershing/comet came on so late.

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
tankmaster23 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2013, 01:21:05 pm »

Just get rid of both the Super Pershing and Maus ...

Rocksitter

hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2013, 01:21:47 pm »

Just get rid of both the Super Pershing and Maus ...

Rocksitter

+1

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2013, 01:25:48 pm »

mmmmmmm no.. for one thing, the super pershing is just practically a copy of a TA and the Maus, well that's just for fun cause you know, we are trying to be innovative and draw new people to the mod.

We need unlockable, new and renewable content and just because someone doesn't "like" it or you got personally beaten by it, doesn't mean that it's wrong to put it in and use it.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2013, 01:26:59 pm »

but i would like to have new units i can identify with, not monsters Tongue
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2013, 01:31:27 pm »

I can see how it would be hard to identify with something so big, but to some of us, big comes natural.

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2013, 01:31:55 pm »

We can only give you what we have models for and tbh, we are currently using 95% of all production tanks that were made throughout WWII, excluding the stuff from '39 to '41, so you know...I dont know what to fucking do to keep this interesting/promote this game to new people.

Especially since most of you are asshats to the new players, the candy that we advertise with needs to be sweet enought to blunt the harsh treatment they receive during their first 50 games.

On a level, new cool units you cant find in any COH mod works for that.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2013, 01:41:54 pm »

We can only give you what we have models for and tbh, we are currently using 95% of all production tanks that were made throughout WWII, excluding the stuff from '39 to '41, so you know...I dont know what to fucking do to keep this interesting/promote this game to new people.

Especially since most of you are asshats to the new players, the candy that we advertise with needs to be sweet enought to blunt the harsh treatment they receive during their first 50 games.

Groundfire the bringer of awesome and the Destroyer of boring!
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2013, 01:42:41 pm »

I agree with you on most levels of this, but there comes a point where implementing the wrong units could have the opposite impact you are trying to achieve.  If we get too carried away, new players may join and be turned off by the gimmicky toys in the game.

I thought the direction the warmap was going would be a bigger impact then a handful of broken units.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2013, 01:47:21 pm »

we could add the sherman ace instead of the superpershing

and the sturmtiger instead of the maus

that would be better i think.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2013, 01:49:05 pm »

The sturmtiger?

The 380mm rocket launching assault gun with KT armor?

A super-avre capable of wiping out anything and everything it hits, and is nigh impossible to kill?

lul, I can live with that  Cheesy
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 01:51:25 pm by nikomas » Logged
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2013, 01:50:05 pm »

I thought the direction the warmap was going would be a bigger impact then a handful of broken units.

It will most likely be once they understand it. Remember, we are they only COH mod with an overworld. It is foreign to everyone but this community, so it will draw people, but they are still going to have to use their imagination a bit.

I have tried pushing the warmap and get little response initially, but it grows on you, especially now that we have the warcard market. The more we develop it, the more interaction each player feels they have with it, the better the marketing tool it becomes.

But I guanantee you, if I wave a shiney new tank in front of a noob, he'll join because of that first.

They come for the cool units and stay for the warmap. It's like the healthy veggies to our 3 course meal. Everyone wants the sweets first, but you gotta eat your veggies to get them.
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2013, 01:51:03 pm »

The sturmtiger?

The 380mm mobile rocket launcher?

A super-avre capable of wiping out anything and everything it hits?

lul, I can live with that  Cheesy

its only what the modders make out of it Smiley
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2013, 01:52:14 pm »

The warmap has never really achieved the goal of adding context to your games. I dont believe it is a feature that can carry the mod. New units are great as long as they fit into the theme of the game. This is where a lot of.the new stuff fails. It doesn't do anything to give a deeper experience. It's like continually adding more frosting to a cake, eventually all you taste is the frosting and the cake is lost in it.

EIR:R needs to have a serious look into what the game should feel like and how new features ENHANCE that idea. Not just "This would be cool" items.

brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2013, 01:52:31 pm »

I want the Stum Tiger so badly.

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2013, 02:02:58 pm »

I want the Stum Tiger so badly.

sigged Smiley lol (3000 yay)
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #56 on: May 06, 2013, 02:13:10 pm »

The warmap has never really achieved the goal of adding context to your games. I dont believe it is a feature that can carry the mod. New units are great as long as they fit into the theme of the game. This is where a lot of.the new stuff fails. It doesn't do anything to give a deeper experience. It's like continually adding more frosting to a cake, eventually all you taste is the frosting and the cake is lost in it.

EIR:R needs to have a serious look into what the game should feel like and how new features ENHANCE that idea. Not just "This would be cool" items.

Any ideas?

Something that we can all get behind? Cause tbh, everything we can do to maximize unit customizability and in-game persistancy should be done, but not everyone likes that.

Like I would like to see weapons fire slower, do more damage, good accuracy standing still, but shit on move, yet that is "Realism" territory and is not consistent to vCOH.

I would like to see captured tanks and support weapons have a chance to be brought back to your company.

I would like to see the surrender scar added in as well. Get pinned for 10 seconds at X number of squad members and your unit surrenders to the enemy.

Unfortuantely anything we can do to enhance the experience is also very harsh to the noobs.
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2013, 02:18:16 pm »

""

dont missunderstand this. I think we all agree on more units and variation. Especially most reward units add sth to the match. You can identify with them (most were real) and add a higher level of persistency.

But some are like meh. You cant identify with them (persistency is also about that) because they are big slow monsters. A superpershing with such a gun is sth i dont feel fit the game. A maus as well. If you have a tiger ace, you say okay, mayne wittmann is that maybe, who knows. But what shell i do with the sp or the maus? i cant identify with those monsters.

So thats the negative effect. As long as they fit this type of persistency, they are good, as long as they dont, we should not bring them up.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2013, 02:26:55 pm »

Any ideas?

Something that we can all get behind? Cause tbh, everything we can do to maximize unit customizability and in-game persistancy should be done, but not everyone likes that.

Like I would like to see weapons fire slower, do more damage, good accuracy standing still, but shit on move, yet that is "Realism" territory and is not consistent to vCOH.

I would like to see captured tanks and support weapons have a chance to be brought back to your company.

I would like to see the surrender scar added in as well. Get pinned for 10 seconds at X number of squad members and your unit surrenders to the enemy.

Unfortuantely anything we can do to enhance the experience is also very harsh to the noobs.

I will think about this subject more while I am at work, and will get a list of coherent ideas together for EIRRMod.
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #59 on: May 06, 2013, 02:27:47 pm »

BTW: referring to the horrid sp model. the unit may stay mabye. Maus not.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc