Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2024, 04:12:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: eirr is dying  (Read 43128 times)
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2013, 04:38:41 am »

It seems a lot of the things the original EIR developed by fl- did are very much underappreciated and were never added back to the game after the launch of EIRR. Sometimes the little things make a difference, one example are battle reports. They added another dimension of persistancy feeling to the game even if it was essentially just a bunch of text..and was really easy to implement in comparison to some stuff like warmap.

I think ambitious projects like the warmap should be the goal after the game itself is complete with all doctrines working and a pretty good balance as it otherwise just takes away valueable manpower from the coding department.

As for EIR2 I miss the aforementioned battle reports, the web-based launcher which let you play around with some companies while you're e.g. at work, aswell as the fact that we could give every company a specific name which other players would see in launcher.

But the biggest thing I'd like to see reintroduced is the single progression of companies, specifically the system of letting you have access to 9 CPs per day, with 3 earned per game. It Introduced a whole other dimension of a persistancy feeling to be honest and really made it feel as if your company is an actual company.

Then finally getting your T4 would give your company a specific name accounting for the T4 (choosing Omniscience made you something along the lines of "Infanterie Scouting Division" or similar, there are other people who better remember how the names were modified and this name change was reflected in the battle reports aswell.

And of course, there were some balls out rockin' doctrines, and as unbalanced as they were, the players loved them and it ended up being a very guilty pleasure for everyone and are one of the things most people who were around in those days dream about when they are confronted with the rather bland and restrictive doctrines of post 2008 and partly the 2009 iteration of EIRR.

Lastly, screw repair kits as they pretty much forced away an entire (or significant) portion of the community who are the OMG Mod right now, as that is the main reason cited apart from balance as to why they never returned back to EIR, and to be honest I myself never liked the repair kit system myself that much either.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 04:51:07 am by EliteGren » Logged

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
MissileJoe Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2013, 04:46:50 am »

I`d just like to be able to customize my companies freely, resource wise. No tiered stuff. Players should be be able to go crazy on fuel, munitions etc, just as they like.
In old Eir it was simply limited by play time, like at a certain point u got like 1/3 resource point for a win, yet it was fun to grind for that extra puma etc.......
Right now ure just stuck after like 20 games.  
Also some docs just overshadow others so badly it aint even funny.
Lightning war for example vs anything with stat buffs is just plain stupid, you either cap em em out or get shot down.
And btw nikomas, i cant buy a sherman with 930 mp and 390 fuel. Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 04:58:08 am by MissileJoe » Logged
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2013, 05:06:01 am »

What doctrine, somehow I'm guessing here that you bought a bunch of tank destroyers in the inf/airborne doctrine >_>

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
MissileJoe Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2013, 05:10:05 am »

Nope. 4 Sherms getting shoehorned into buying Quads, still 150 fuel left.
And btw seperation of doc and unlocks.
Why cant i get 10 sherms, a shitton of offmaps but no ab rangers?
Gazillions of Badass grens and shitty tanks?
40 Self repairing Jeeps?
Basicallly all i saw in the last 2 years was the Oak Leaves coy , the Maingun Calli Coy and the occasionally FOO coy with brens and 2 fireflies.
Customization ftw.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 05:34:12 am by MissileJoe » Logged
fldash Offline
Founder

« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2013, 06:17:25 am »

they disable the game from modding so how can u guys bring out EIR 2 ?

Because I'm not just anyone... Smiley
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2013, 06:18:48 am »

Because I'm not just anyone... Smiley
Hail this man, love him from the heart and all that jazz  Tongue
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2013, 06:22:21 am »

Nope. 4 Sherms getting shoehorned into buying Quads, still 150 fuel left.
And btw seperation of doc and unlocks.
Why cant i get 10 sherms, a shitton of offmaps but no ab rangers?
Gazillions of Badass grens and shitty tanks?
40 Self repairing Jeeps?
Basicallly all i saw in the last 2 years was the Oak Leaves coy , the Maingun Calli Coy and the occasionally FOO coy with brens and 2 fireflies.
Customization ftw.

Because balance, that's why. If you want tanks go armour doctrine, simple as that. If you want to run a TANK Ab/Inf coy then what the hell are you doing in inf based doctrines? That's not a question of customization that's a question of stupidity. Even then if you want those tanks then use your reserve pool on it, even with AB/Inf coys the Tank+Reserve pool should be enough for 5 or 6 shermans.
ick312 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2013, 06:49:08 am »

am i the only one here who thinks that eirr isnt finished cause of brutal balance issues?

and btw if u want repairstation or repairs on your engeneers. Why not simply as an t3 unlock?
I could imagine a bunker t3 unlock for def doc. Pios at the bunker repair like 10 hp/min (it should be so small to make rep kits not completly wortless. And remove double repair from armour coy and give pios repairs as a t3 unlock. Set the repair rate at 3hp/min (its mobile, so u can run away if your position is overrunned, and its spamable)
- if you hold the scale of these "additional repairs" small then also the berge keeps it value. The repairs of the Berge were not as good as the engeneer or Bunker repairs cause your tank would be bound to one position and it can only repair in certain intervalls - while the new repair methods allow to move and fight but they repair far slower

ps: i am not getting tired of saying the following 2 things, alot of players left cause they perceived allies as freakin op. and also alot of others left cause of the community manners.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 07:40:49 am by ick312 » Logged

I don't know Wind, that whole 21 virgins thing kinda peaked my interest a little .......
From fucking kids to fucking christ, jesus heartmann. Just stop already you filthy monster, you are only making it worse
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2013, 06:58:31 am »

the last wipe must be shit, eirr is dying, please save it.

thx bear

hey is it that time of year again?

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
MissileJoe Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2013, 07:58:09 am »

Because balance, that's why. If you want tanks go armour doctrine, simple as that. If you want to run a TANK Ab/Inf coy then what the hell are you doing in inf based doctrines? That's not a question of customization that's a question of stupidity. Even then if you want those tanks then use your reserve pool on it, even with AB/Inf coys the Tank+Reserve pool should be enough for 5 or 6 shermans.
Balance?
There isnt balance at all and everyone knows it. You just did the worst thing trying to make it casual and even failed at that.
Hey that was exaggerated.
Ok generic ab coy
6 ab rifles
6 ab rrs
2-3 quads
3 sherms or crocs
Always the same
Might get 1 guy who rather gets bombing run insted of medic.
Or like about 6 pairs of KCH and a KT.
OR.....
Nevermind...Back to Tetris
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 08:07:10 am by MissileJoe » Logged
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2013, 08:01:05 am »

Balance?
There isnt balance at all and everyone knows it. You just did the worst thing trying to make it casual and even failed at that.

No balance is there? Yeah, If that's what you think go ahead and do so... a 10 tank company, lol
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2013, 08:07:06 am »

EIRR2 , no pool 2014 ?

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
MissileJoe Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2013, 08:10:25 am »

No balance is there? Yeah, If that's what you think go ahead and do so... a 10 tank company, lol
Yeah lol master coder fix airborne:)
Btw ending a sentence with a lol makes u look like a ......... lol. lollolololololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololololololololol     
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2013, 08:11:04 am »

EIRR2 , no pool 2014 ?

might be the only reason I'd buy coh2 lol

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2013, 08:57:37 am »

Actually, that would be balanced, by the fact that you could only field 1-2 reasonably at any time, and they could have far more ATG's and TD's...

It's no more spammy or gamebreaking than mass flame/smoke/rr spam or goliath spam.

nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #55 on: July 18, 2013, 09:05:18 am »

Actually, that would be balanced, by the fact that you could only field 1-2 reasonably at any time, and they could have far more ATG's and TD's...

It's no more spammy or gamebreaking than mass flame/smoke/rr spam or goliath spam.
It sure as hell is not, if you bring a balanced company and your enemy brings nothing but Armour you are fucked. If you bring an AT heavy company and your opponent went ALL RANGERS ALL The TIME YO!, You are fucked. We already see smaller scale versions of this problem even with the restrictions in EiRR, without restrictions it would be a madhouse.

This is not balanced, it makes the entire game a complete gamble and any and all battels would be decided on who's got the cheesiest counter build. That might be fine if you plan to play some 4x game but it's just about the crappiest possible idea for a high intense RTS.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 09:07:22 am by nikomas » Logged
MissileJoe Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #56 on: July 18, 2013, 09:32:39 am »

I hate to say it
but AMPM IS SPOT ON
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #57 on: July 18, 2013, 09:56:11 am »

I hate to say it
but AMPM IS SPOT ON

OK, you get to go to the AMPM, Deadbolt corner of the Balance area
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #58 on: July 18, 2013, 10:09:52 am »

OK, you get to go to the AMPM, Deadbolt corner of the Balance area

dat corner looks more promising than corner with players who plays like shits and still makes huge impact in mod's balance design ufeelme

just saying

as for eirr2 i hope ya guys will make as great as it is eirr1, its a great game and i enjoyed it a lot. Gj

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #59 on: July 18, 2013, 10:12:36 am »

My concern is, if the top players have all these massive buffs that AMPM has suggested, how does any new player even stand a remote chance in hell of playing? I would really like to see some input from you guys on how to handle that.

play hard or go home. It will never change, useless waste of time. Who will like this game will stay
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc