Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 02, 2024, 12:24:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: COH 2 is not bad.  (Read 21365 times)
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #60 on: December 12, 2013, 06:45:11 am »

I call him my american benefactor

last exam tomorrow, will show up in eirr this weekend

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #61 on: December 12, 2013, 09:48:56 am »

COH2 is great. 10/10.

What are their steam names?

The ungodly irony.

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.

- Andre Malraux

- Dracula
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #62 on: December 12, 2013, 10:09:46 am »

no irony, the beta was awful, kept me away from the game for a long time but then it got a lot better when they started porting over some good maps and balanced their game (no more ridiculous gimmicks).

many coh2 designs still frustrate me. I still don't understand why they removed the ability for all factions to build all basic defenses and having to pay 4€ for a dlc doctrine is ridiculous. But it's not as frustrating as the lack of balance and map updates in coh1.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #63 on: December 12, 2013, 10:25:36 am »

Did they fix the shoddy unit response delay yet?
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #64 on: December 12, 2013, 10:33:30 am »

no irony, the beta was awful, kept me away from the game for a long time but then it got a lot better when they started porting over some good maps and balanced their game (no more ridiculous gimmicks).

Wow...... imagine that: a game in Beta that required some changes to make it better. Who woulda thought that would happen..................

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #65 on: December 12, 2013, 10:41:19 am »

You never know tank, i mean they haven't balanced coh1 yet and it's been over 6 years now and they have been known to frequently release new stuff that screw balance just to sell more.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #66 on: December 12, 2013, 12:44:19 pm »

You never know tank, i mean they haven't balanced coh1 yet and it's been over 6 years now and they have been known to frequently release new stuff that screw balance just to sell more.

relic balance is terrible, always has been always will be.

thats why we have mods

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #67 on: December 12, 2013, 04:03:58 pm »

Aside from the Homeworld games, relic has predominantly made games that use a lot of RNG(even if it is called statistical chance they don't put in any safeguards against whacky shit)

Which is good for combat, action and intense shit. But bad from a player rating perspective. It's easy enough to say "72 out of 100 times x beats y" except that most players wont run the same fight against the same person 100 times and being part of the 28 other times really sucks when it costs you the game or overlaps with another serious of unfortunate events.

It's why we love it. It's why we hate it. It's why the game will never be balanced from a player perspective.

It's come a long way since DoW1 where something as straight forward which faction you picked could cost you the game.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #68 on: December 12, 2013, 04:37:16 pm »

So what you're saying is, after homeworld relic has been going steadily downhill? Cheesy

First came homeworld 2, still a brilliant game but not quite HW1.
Then came DoW and CoH, both really good games in their own right but the mods (like EiR for most of us) is what made it a true favorite.
Then came DoW2/CoH2 and both pretty disappointing sequels, one for being very different than the first and not very true to the universe (imho) and the other for being based on a greedy buisniss model and released in a balance state that looks completely alien to what it is now. Neither game is bad but both are not what most fans hoped for.

So the next game relic makes should be an interesting thing to see if this theory holds up  Cheesy
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 04:41:02 pm by nikomas » Logged

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #69 on: December 12, 2013, 05:42:58 pm »

Dow 2 would have been epic with cohs cover system and damage physics whilst maintaining the dow feel of grand armies clashing.

As for homeworld seeing as its been picked up by gearbox and following their trend in game quality I think the series is dead.

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #70 on: December 12, 2013, 06:30:55 pm »

Wow...... imagine that: a game in Beta that required some changes to make it better. Who woulda thought that would happen..................

Lol, the truth right here.

CoH2 is getting really good. I've been doing at least a game every day now.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Batgirl Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #71 on: December 12, 2013, 08:06:44 pm »

I know im sidestepping, but Homeworld:Cataclysm eg Cata was the best though... Best interceptor formationswitchings, 3D benefits and most intense micro, hw2 was crap in comparison, hw1 just a bit older and simpler.

PS. Coh2 sux ass. The game isnt bad, but they will never ever get the balance anywhere near acceptable.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #72 on: December 12, 2013, 08:16:35 pm »

PS. Coh2 sux ass. The game isnt bad, but they will never ever get the balance anywhere near acceptable.

Are you kidding? honestly, there were periods in COH 1 where the balance was 10 times worse.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #73 on: December 12, 2013, 08:36:11 pm »

So what you're saying is, after homeworld relic has been going steadily downhill? Cheesy

Then came DoW and CoH, both really good games in their own right but the mods (like EiR for most of us) is what made it a true favorite.
Then came DoW2/CoH2 and both pretty disappointing sequels, one for being very different than the first and not very true to the universe (imho) and the other for being based on a greedy buisniss model and released in a balance state that looks completely alien to what it is now. Neither game is bad but both are not what most fans hoped for.

So the next game relic makes should be an interesting thing to see if this theory holds up  Cheesy

Downhill is your words. Not mine, I happen to think things are getting better. I love those games at the time of their life cycle but I think releases are better each time.

My only complaint with DoW2 was GFWL. I even like its single player, and I'm not a single player guy. I definitely got my money from every relic product I purchased.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #74 on: December 13, 2013, 06:56:56 am »

I know im sidestepping, but Homeworld:Cataclysm eg Cata was the best though... Best interceptor formationswitchings, 3D benefits and most intense micro, hw2 was crap in comparison, hw1 just a bit older and simpler.
Homeworld Cataclysm is the best homeworld game by far, the problem is...

Relic didn't make it, so it doesn't count  Grin
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #75 on: December 18, 2013, 08:19:25 am »

how to counter tiger ace
http://www.twitch.tv/andyisrippin/c/3407676
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #76 on: December 19, 2013, 03:45:20 pm »

I don't understand what the counter is to soviet players fielding 2x snipers and 2x guards?

In COH1 people would sometimes use snipers with airborne but airborne were 2 CPs and required 145 munitions for RRs and you could always countersnipe the snipers. But in COH2 none of those barriers exist so there is practically nothing to counter it with. Scout cars and halftracks don't become available until T2 and even then they get destroyed instantly by AT rifles, so I thought, I'll just play the strategy myself and see how people counter it, but that just made me win every single game I've had.

and the pay to win doctrines are so ridiculous.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 06:05:01 pm by PonySlaystation » Logged
chefarzt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #77 on: December 20, 2013, 11:53:07 am »

Nice idea, but guards will wreck it, just sayin

This community is full of a bunch of mindless idiots with memories like two year olds.

https://www.etsy.com/de/shop/ShitGlitter?ref=l2-shop-header-avatar
I'm not sure what you're so defensive about Tank.
 he makes shab look like a princess giving food to the poor.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #78 on: December 20, 2013, 12:39:56 pm »

Just try it before saying that; and by try I mean don't use it for combat, or get it near them; it's only there to reinforce.
OhGodManpowerBleed
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #79 on: December 20, 2013, 03:36:01 pm »

As to how to counter Sniper + Guards, use a HT to reinforce on field.

I've seen it a few times, it doesn't work well. Grenadiers get decimated faster than you can reinforce them, it will be a huge drain on manpower and the guards can rush and kill the halftrack fairly easy. The only way the grenadiers can counter the snipers are with rifle grenades which means you can only kill a sniper if it's standing completely still for a while, as long as he moves and kites a little, it's practically impossible and even direct hits sometime fail to kill both sniper squad members.

The only strategy I've seen that works somewhat well is Elite Troops doctrine and buying vet 3 for your scout cars. But I've only seen it once.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc