Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 02, 2024, 10:27:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Poll
Question: Do we need a reset?
We need it - 11 (50%)
We dont need it - 11 (50%)
Total Voters: 22

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Time for a reset  (Read 15277 times)
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2013, 07:39:17 am »

reset? to see how vanilla allied stuff i supirior to axis stuff, and reading in the forums that axis are noobs? Cause you lose against the units not against the player. Sry shab but the thing that gives axis a chance to fight allied shit is actually what they get as unlock and doc specializations.

what will bring players back is:
rethinking of the metagame
balance

Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2013, 08:00:45 am »

Ick pls stop qq and some others should do the same cuz of complains we aint getting any fucking game changes allways must be someone who is never happy. Stfu and see what happens before making turded theory crafts

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2013, 08:05:09 am »

How do you guys justify putting in tanks from 1940 and having them fight with tanks from 1945+?

As much as I want to see them in, we don't have the structure for the early game units. The matilde, the PzkfwIII, the Lee, all of those should not be in the game in it's current state. That doesn't mean that I don't want to put them in to test them, get feedback and have a little fun, but for those tanks to be balanced, they need to fight tanks of their own tier.

I think what we have proven with out a doubt over the last year is that reward  units do not "sell" this mod. Adding more of the same shit is not going to "sell" it any better.
We currently have a bunch of reward units, yet our mod essentially dies right before our eyes. But, oddly enough, there has been a surge of players returning and playing games again with absolutely no new units or patch.

What is really wrong with this mod is that it has becoming fucking boring. Adding a few shinny new pieces of equipment is not going to bring people back for any longer then it takes to use the unit a couple of games.

Shab is right, what we need is a massive shift in the game environment, like a reset. Battles made up of vanilla everything, morphing into battles of full docs. Right now every game is full companies played on Nueville. I haven't played in months, I come back to the same exact shit - boring as fuck.

Fix the warmap so it is not a stale piece of useless crap. Turn it into something that actually influences the game and creates some variation. Make the Warmap reset every couple of months so the meta game shifts.

Reward units are cool and we should continue to add what we can as long as we remain responsible in our decisions. Adding broken shit or shit that is stupidly designed/balanced is far more negative in the long run, even if it appears to "sell" short term.

Or add the eeshelschreck. I am sure that will keep people coming back...../sarcasm

Of course it sells, it just has poor execution because well, I can only do so much in trying my ideas without the full support of the team.

The units by themselves does not sell, but the reward units and the reward cards as a concept do.

They are tangible rewards for playing on the warmap, something which it sorely lacks at the moment.
The reward units as a concept do work, when accompanied with contests, patches, but it all takes maintainence which we cant seem to deliver on a regular basis cause something is clogging up the pipe further upstream.

Renewable content like the reward units, the doctrines, warmap and war reset are things that extend shelf life, they do not make things run indefinitely. The sooner we can figure out to properly implement, improve and automate these systems, then the game will never get stale and boring.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2013, 08:21:54 am »

The units by themselves does not sell, but the reward units and the reward cards as a concept do. ...........

This I agree with immensely!!

which we cant seem to deliver on a regular basis cause something is clogging up the pipe further upstream.

Yup, that's it in a nut shell. The rest of the Dev team has done everything they can to try and improve the game and grow it. Most of the items that will have the greatest impact on growth and longevity are tied to the launcher. The Launcher is Eirrmod, so that is where the production stops.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
terrapinsrock Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2013, 08:25:37 am »

How do you guys justify putting in tanks from 1940 and having them fight with tanks from 1945+?

As much as I want to see them in, we don't have the structure for the early game units. The matilde, the PzkfwIII, the Lee, all of those should not be in the game in it's current state. That doesn't mean that I don't want to put them in to test them, get feedback and have a little fun, but for those tanks to be balanced, they need to fight tanks of their own tier.

Of course it sells, it just has poor execution because well, I can only do so much in trying my ideas without the full support of the team.

The units by themselves does not sell, but the reward units and the reward cards as a concept do.

They are tangible rewards for playing on the warmap, something which it sorely lacks at the moment.
The reward units as a concept do work, when accompanied with contests, patches, but it all takes maintainence which we cant seem to deliver on a regular basis cause something is clogging up the pipe further upstream.

Renewable content like the reward units, the doctrines, warmap and war reset are things that extend shelf life, they do not make things run indefinitely. The sooner we can figure out to properly implement, improve and automate these systems, then the game will never get stale and boring.

+1 million

Bit hard when its flaunted infront of you as a  broken reward piece of ass you'll never get to shag with.
Current Vets:

Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2013, 08:26:37 am »

Wbo else can help eirrmod? I mean who was here before him? If he cant do his job maybe he needs some help?
ick312 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2013, 08:27:33 am »

Ick pls stop qq and some others should do the same cuz of complains we aint getting any fucking game changes allways must be someone who is never happy. Stfu and see what happens before making turded theory crafts

shab i see what happens, if allies have 4 smoke nades for 15 muni on each riflemen, i see what happens if they have tank reapers, i see what happens if their crocs have chuchillarmor and 33% more speed, i see RRs running through smoke shooting away your atgs, churchill crocs ramming frontally their hot sauce in your atg, i see mandos (t1 unlock) with stens slaying your 4 man kch with fanaticism.

Yes but thats all with higher tiers.
Well ok
then lets talk about the following: charging the atg with a tank ups sticki oh u still take out that atg too bad u cant use ur tank anymore.
OR
see how often u see BARs and in comparison LMGs/MP40- what does this tell you?
lets check accuracy tables of an upgunned sherman long range accuracy of 55% vs inf - how much does the panther have? yep 0,35 compare price compare pop is this fair?

i am honest with u shab: do another wipe. Take the axis the things that gave them a chance and you allied fanboys sit here alone

« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 08:55:35 am by ick312 » Logged

I don't know Wind, that whole 21 virgins thing kinda peaked my interest a little .......
From fucking kids to fucking christ, jesus heartmann. Just stop already you filthy monster, you are only making it worse
ick312 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2013, 08:31:10 am »

Wbo else can help eirrmod? I mean who was here before him? If he cant do his job maybe he needs some help?
btw xeo offered several times to help, hes a really good programmer! but hes too pissed about metagame and community to offer his action again.
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2013, 08:32:41 am »

shab i see what happens, if allies have 4 smoke nades for 15 muni on each riflemen, i see what happens if they tank reapers, i see what happens if their crocs have chuchillarmor and 33% more speed, i see RRs running through smoke shooting away your atgs, churchill crocs ramming frontally their hot sauce in your atg, i see mandos (t1 unlock) with stens slaying your 4 man kch with fanaticism.

Yes but thats all with higher tiers.
Well ok
then lets talk about the following: charging the atg with a tank ups sticki oh u still take out that atg too bad u cant use ur tank anymore.
OR
see how often u see BARs and in comparison LMGs/MP40- what does this tell you?
lets check accuracy tables of an upgunned sherman long range accuracy of 55% vs inf - how much does the panther have? yep 0,35 compare price compare pop is this fair?

i am honest with u shab: do another wipe. Take the axis the things that gave them a chance and you allied fanboys sit here alone

Actually, Sherman is Infantry support unit. Panther is more like Firefly. The game needs a bit balance, a bit. Smoke is actually easy to counter, because of SE players.
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2013, 08:35:02 am »

The rest of the Dev team has done everything they can to try and improve the game and grow it.

Devteam can improve current doctrines. Many T4s are unpopular and wasted. Plenty of work to do here. New updated T4s will give players something fresh to try out and play with. Plus you can do this without eirmod.

Quote from: deadbolt
bad luck skaffa>  creates best and most played eir maps
                      >  hated for creating best and most played eir maps

Quote from: Tachibana
47k new all time record?

Quote from: deadbolt
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
ick312 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2013, 08:37:28 am »

Actually, Sherman is Infantry support unit. Panther is more like Firefly. The game needs a bit balance, a bit. Smoke is actually easy to counter, because of SE players.

sherman yes - upgunned sherman too? and panther should be a hunter, while firefly is a sniper, i cant confirm that panther fulfills this role with out upper tier buffs.

Smoke - SE player with flamer i guess, well yeah compare the prices for SE flamer and smoke nades, and they are still not able to resist rr and croc in smoke. The point about flamer and smoke in that mass is that u can only react to it.
ick312 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2013, 08:38:57 am »

Devteam can improve current doctrines. Many T4s are unpopular and wasted. Plenty of work to do here. New updated T4s will give players something fresh to try out and play with. Plus you can do this without eirmod.
+1 actually all (except TH, and SE) have one best build

SORRY FOR DERAILING THAT THREAD
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 08:47:30 am by ick312 » Logged
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2013, 08:42:30 am »

sherman yes - upgunned sherman too? and panther should be a hunter, while firefly is a sniper, i cant confirm that panther fulfills this role with out upper tier buffs.

Smoke - SE player with flamer i guess, well yeah compare the prices for SE flamer and smoke nades, and they are still not able to resist rr and croc in smoke. The point about flamer and smoke in that mass is that u can only react to it.

Upgunned sherman is still a shit (except Jumbo, it's still sth). Good angling with PZ IV or Panther and sherman is wasted.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2013, 09:03:48 am »

No they don't. Just make them cheaper and lower pop. Both the Matilda and PzIII served until 1945.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 09:06:18 am by PonySlaystation » Logged

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2013, 09:04:44 am »

btw xeo offered several times to help, hes a really good programmer! but hes too pissed about metagame and community to offer his action again.

xeoniz? The only services he's offered afaik was making some custom models. I know he's fantastic at programming but he has not expressed this interest to me and he's had my ear this whole time.

Working on the launcher is a commitment and it's not something we recruit people for because of that reason. From what I understand on the subject, it would be like someone writing a book in Spanish and then having another guy that speaks Italian come in halfway to finish the job.

Yes, the words look similar and you can read it, but it reads wrong, it might be overly complex, the Italian guy might have tried to write it a different way if he had started from scratch.

Not to mention that it takes time for the coder in charge of the launcher to get all the back-end stuff and know how it all connects.

The amount of work is mind boggling. It really is a labor of love at this point.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2013, 09:07:55 am »

No they don't. Just make them cheaper and lower pop. Both the Matilda and PzIII served until 1945.

Yeah, in like africa and other places where the tanks were not overwhelmingly outclassed. Those tanks stopped seeing service in Europe in '42-'43.

Make them cheaper and lower pop with no regard to their power and you make them too cost efficient. You'd have to reduce their damage to compensate for their cheap price and you end up making the unit worthless.

It's the problem that we have with tanks like the Chaffe and stuart.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2013, 09:14:33 am »

It's a simple process. PzIII has less armor and firepower than PzIV so make it 10 pop and cheaper than the PzIV.
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2013, 09:15:19 am »

I'd actually have faith in Skaffa to get them done. Might as well cut out Leophone and let Nikomas code them if he's willing. Then Skaffa just has to work closely with Nikomas to make interesting doctrines that can actually be coded.

hah, Skaffa and niko mix about as well as oil and water.

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2013, 09:42:42 am »

Jesus Ray, "Cut out Leophone"? You do realize he's been out and gone since before I joined? Actually, if he was still on the dev team I would never have joined, the thought of having Leo as a "Senior" coder...

As for making doctrines interesting? It's easy to make them "interesting", remember CoHO? It has lots of interesting and hilariously broken doctrines. I bet 10£ the reason they ended up as broken as they were is becaue some people on the team went "Not interesting enough".

Interesting and fun is easy, 48, yes, 48 interesting and BALANCED tier 4 abilities is a nigh impossibility. Honestly they're still not.

Now, if we wan't to cut out balanced and just go for interesting? I'd be down for that, put it to a vote or something. I know Ice would cream himself at the thought of getting rifle training and carbines back.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 09:44:52 am by nikomas » Logged

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
I2ay Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2013, 09:47:26 am »

Jesus Ray, "Cut out Leophone"? You do realize he's been out and gone since before I joined? Actually, if he was still on the dev team I would never have joined, the thought of having Leo as a "Senior" coder...
Skaffa mentioned bringing back Leophone to help him with his offer to make more interesting doctrines, I suggested not even asking Leophone to come back...

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc