Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:02:04 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[April 29, 2024, 01:55:18 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GrayWolf's Balance Thread - Luftwaffe  (Read 2041 times)
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« on: January 24, 2014, 10:30:20 am »

Hi Ladies and Gents !

In this thread, I will be talking about lufftwaffe company. I'll post my remarks about this company, what should be buffed, what should be nerfed and what is OK and because english isn't my  native language, please don't mind my grammar Grin
So, make yourself a tea or open a beer and let's get the party started !

DOCTRINE SPECIALIZATION:

T1 :
This upgrade isn't good, nor bad. If think it's OK, but I would suggest changing it a bit :
Instead of faster deployment as a team, luff player should deploy 30 or 45 seconds faster.

final verdict : OK or change

Okay, this one is nearly useless. It works only if you have yours pak 36 (not worth it) or you actually capture another player's pak. If I could suggest sth, I would better give +5% moving accuracy to Luff and FS.

final verdict : needs buff

This one is OK I think.

final verdict : OK

T2 :

This one should be nerfed. I'm not saying, it's OP or sth. I would just take away building wire or tank traps ability. Building bushes is enough (for passive), but also being engineers isn't very fair.

final verdict : nerf, choose what should be taken : Tank traps or wire or maybe both.

The ability itself is Okay, but I would exchange flak 36 with Wirbelwind in lockdown. This could buff wirbelwind, cause some players are qqing about Wirbel.

final verdict : buff

Very useful upgrade. Flares help with snipers and infantry blobs and also Ketten is good anti-arty scout.

T3 :

One word : Nerf. Move +1 G43 or FG42's Covering Fire to Fortress Europe. +1 G43 gives PGs 3' G43s overall and with g43 upgrade it's like 5xG43 + Insta suppresion.

final verdict : nerf.

It's OK. Just tell me if someone is actually using this... <Works well only with Scout training>.

80% of Luftwaffe players is using it. Gives even more bonuses than t4's. Like srsly, this doc upgrade makes FS what they truly are. Actually it just need fix : rifle nades smoke (around the unit) disappears if FS move.

final verdict : OK, fix the smoke.

T4 :

Only one word : buff. I haven't seen someone actually using it. No one uses this. First of all : Pak ambush bonus... no one uses pak 36 anymore (take it away). Instead of that bonus I would buff luftwaffe infantry by not only giving them paradrop, but also +1 G43 rifle or leader rifle. Maybe some kind of FS buff should be better ?

Like I said it before, +1 G43 should be moved here. Also I would nerf/buff the cover bonuses. Heavy cover would give : 20% acc and 10 % dmg, Light cover would give 10% acc and 5% dmg. FS are mostly using L cover in the mid/late game, because they can build hedges to set up an ambush.

I would buff/nerf it a bit. Take away overdrive in friendly teritory and nerf sprint bonus from -120 sec. to -60 sec, but give -50% deployment time for infantry and lv. This is what we all call quick response.

final verdict : buff/nerf.

DOCTRINE UNLOCKS:

All of them are kinda nice balanced, but I would change "Light support" and "Heavy Support". Move flakverling to t3 and Wirbelwind to t2. I don't want to buff Wirbelwind or nerf flakvierling (who wants to nerf flakvierling ?!). I just want to separate 88 and Wirbelwind. Now player need to spend 5 points to have both, not 3, so I'm basicly buffing Wirbelwind a bit, but also nerfing company build.

Okay... So I think this is all what I've had to say. Please comment your reaction to my nerf/buff statement. What do you think ? Am I right or not ?

And please do not post stupid comments like : "tl;dr".
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 11:37:00 am by GrayWolf » Logged

GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 10:55:50 am »

I just want to confirm if you can camo allied atgs with t1
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 11:00:43 am by GrayWolf » Logged
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 10:57:18 am »

Bring back troll Fortress europe, I want rapid fire 88s Back and Grayhound killing wirbles.

Ill never forget when i first found out about the epic mun HTs, Should never have told leo and hicks about it.

Also the wirble lockdown isnt really that good, its cooldown is too long between activating it and when it starts firing, it used to be pretty good if you had a flakvierling and wirble mixed together thanks to the vierling aura against elite troops but even then it was too squishy against a simple ATG unless you would have fortress europe, granted when they did remove the hitbox of the vireling it was drastically improved and enabled it to be an effective counter backcapper but you could do the same with a scoutcar and also be mobile at the same time.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 11:13:13 am by TheIcelandicManiac » Logged

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
ick312 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 11:13:42 am »

ok gaywulfi,

certain things:

i like your idea of that t2 debuff aura applies also to wirbelwind.

from my experience cloak captured atgs is really strong! so i would prefer keeping it in

Crete Veterans:
good that you raised this topic. Its trash. Fjs without bot t3 are too fragile. Even they received that cloak ability (which is pretty nice) and the instant faust recharge they are simply too weak and since this is a t4 which is basically only buffing FJs stronger buffs are needed.

A weapon upgrade is not enough.

i would like the idea that they can shoot without revealing their position if they are in cover.
OR
a Suppressionmodifier for ambush in cover

« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 11:25:11 am by ick312 » Logged

I don't know Wind, that whole 21 virgins thing kinda peaked my interest a little .......
From fucking kids to fucking christ, jesus heartmann. Just stop already you filthy monster, you are only making it worse
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 11:37:17 am »

dbl post
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc