Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:55:54 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 04:28:22 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Dude  (Read 15242 times)
ElrondSeregon Offline
EIR Regular

« on: February 07, 2014, 09:02:45 pm »

Hey everyone. My name is Elrond and I'm new to this mod. I came to it in search of a decent sized community that still plays the old CoH (as opposed to the sequel  Undecided) and so far haven't had any luck, but you guys seem like a pretty well constructed and good hearted community.

A little about myself. In terms of the game, I'm a PE player through and through, though of course I play the other factions. I simply find my play-style fits them, and over time using them has become a second nature. As for me as a person, well a couple things about me is that I'm a Percussionist, which means I play any instrument you hit with a stick. I'm also a paintballer, and a SCAdian for those who know what that is. I love RTS's and FPS's as my games mainly, with a heathly mix of RPG's.

But that's just a brief bit about me, I do have a couple questions whilst my download continues.

First off, I'm having a bit of trouble connecting to the Ventrillo server, I've put in the IP and Port as needed but it just tells me I'm unable to connect, any tips?

Second, I'm currently unsure of what Doctrine I want to pick for my first Company, I'm going PE of course, but I'd like a little more details before I jump into a Doctrine. Can anyone with some more experience please give me a quick overview of my options or direct me towards a thread with more info?

Thanks guys, I'm glad to be here.
terrapinsrock Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 09:12:47 pm »

Welcome to the shark tank, I mean, uhm, welcome to EIRR.

Bit hard when its flaunted infront of you as a  broken reward piece of ass you'll never get to shag with.
Current Vets:

nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 09:17:00 pm »

Someone else will probably explain in greater detail but PE in this mod does not play quite the same as the PE you might be used to, quite a few units work a little different from vcoh. You'll proboably have a few rough games to start with since the vast majority of players have been playing for years but I hope you'll stick trough it Wink

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2014, 09:17:25 pm »

PE will be a very hard company as your first company.

The other three factions (US, CW, WM) have quite a few infantry based control systems, while PE needs to rely a lot of vehicle based equivalents.

So, have fun with that - it will be a trial by fire! =)

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
ElrondSeregon Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2014, 09:20:22 pm »

Trust me I'm sure it'll be rough, but I'll adapt and I'll definitely stick with it.

Any comments on my couple questions though, especially the Ventrilo one, I'm not sure what to do with that.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2014, 09:23:34 pm »

Hi, welcome to the mod

EIR is essentially COH without base building and more focus on combat. That and units can keep their experience between battles if they survive. Don't be afraid if you lose your first few games or to ask help on ventrilo.

What doctrine you should pick depends on your playstyle and what you find is the most helpful. You should make time to try all of them.

Schorched Earth have Minefields, Flamethrower grenadiers, Healing car, Hummel, HMG34, Panzer Pioneers and Incendiary Bombing Run
Luftwaffe have Fallschirmjägers, Luftwaffe infantry, Flak 88, Henschel Run, Medkit paradrops and Butterfly Mines
Tank Hunters have Jagdpanther, Teller Mines, 2x Panzerschreck Grenadiers, Anti Tank Rocket and Stummel

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
ElrondSeregon Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2014, 09:54:18 pm »

No, I was going of the info in the Getting Started guide. I guess that's out of date?

EDIT: Found out I wasn't on the most current version. I've updated the program and got everything in correctly. Thanks for the help Alpha, much appreciated.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 10:02:21 pm by ElrondSeregon » Logged
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2014, 10:05:00 pm »

WELCOME TO HELL ELROND.

Expect to loose your first few (an undetermined amount) games.
This is an EIR right of passage.

See you on the battlefield.

Few tips tho about PE

Uglysori is our resident ScorchedEarth expert.
Heartman is our resident Luftwaffe expert.
And a few other seasoned players are quite proficient with Tank Destroyers
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 10:07:41 pm by XIIcorps » Logged

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
ElrondSeregon Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2014, 10:13:41 pm »

Good to know XII, thanks. It wouldn't stick with a community that couldn't kick my ass at least a couple times. I look forward to the fights.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2014, 10:22:47 pm »

Welcome to the mod. It's great to see new meat players.

Now would be a great time to mention that we have temporarily disabled the doctrines, so you will only be able to unlock the bottom tiers for now.

We have done this to test our balance of the base units, but many of us like the game without doctrines TBH. But we will be bringing them back at a later date.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2014, 11:37:24 pm »

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
terrapinsrock Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2014, 11:41:50 pm »

GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2014, 12:36:24 am »

If you have teamspeak. Darsin, Rocky and I could learn you few things.

aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2014, 12:57:29 am »

If you have teamspeak. Darsin, Rocky and I could learn you few things.

Don't listen to garry. you should listen to the better player's Johnsteele(skaffa)  would probably be best bet.
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2014, 01:52:18 am »

Don't listen to garry. you should listen to the better player's Johnsteele(skaffa)  would probably be best bet.

Skaffa as PE player *cough*. I think Darsin is the best PE player Cheesy
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2014, 02:14:24 am »

Skaffa as PE player *cough*. I think Darsin is the best PE player Cheesy

Sounds like a challenge. between skaffa and darsin.
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2014, 12:22:23 pm »

The Gauntlet has been thrown.

What have I done :9 ...
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2014, 01:19:40 pm »

Gauntlet have been thrown by people not involved... lol, doesn't work like that
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2014, 01:40:52 pm »

Let them dream niko, Just let them dream.
its not like they have ever been know for being smart.

Anyways hello new guy, you dont know me and you never will but nice to have you here now bugger off like the rest.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 01:42:23 pm by TheIcelandicManiac » Logged

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2014, 06:42:46 pm »

Let them dream niko, Just let them dream.
its not like they have ever been know for being smart.

Anyways hello new guy, you dont know me and you never will but nice to have you here now bugger off like the rest.
dont worry about this guy, he lives on an island where tipping is offensive and they believe in elves.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc