Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 07, 2024, 08:25:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Patch R002  (Read 22434 times)
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2014, 02:24:50 pm »

I think it's awesome, finally engineers/pioneers can provide small fire support. They were good for placing defenses and the occasional recrew or flamethrower squad but not much more. Now they can place defenses and have a small support role. This has been my wish ever since I saw it in COH: Online.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2014, 02:28:58 pm »

I think it is an experiment that warrants a try. At first I thought why the hell are we screwing with this, but now that it has been explained it holds some merit.

When they upgrade with flame thrower, do they loose their vanilla rifle upgrades?

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2014, 02:39:26 pm »

I think it is an experiment that warrants a try. At first I thought why the hell are we screwing with this, but now that it has been explained it holds some merit.

When they upgrade with flame thrower, do they loose their vanilla rifle upgrades?

yes, it simply gives pio the MP40 + flame

narref Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2014, 04:04:13 pm »

Nope, for their price and pop investment they are doing exactly what they need to, vanilla Engineers/Pioneers were hilariously situational.
Minesweeper squads are situational, pio/engies are not. They build wire/sandbags faster than other units and build tank traps which take long time but are still really useful, they can also cap.
They are not situational but if someone brings engies to the field but has no intention to build this defenses well it's like AmPM said, bringing an ATG when the enemy doesn't have armor.

Pios get durability, Engineers get potential damage. If it starts getting skewy then they'll be adjusted - balance is more fluid with less constraints now.

So how is that match-up balanced?
Flamme engies: 2 greaseguns 1 flamethwoer 165 HP pool.
Flamme pios: 1mp40 1 flamethrower 140 HP pool.

They are meant for combat only when upgraded. But instead it was the unupgraded versions the ones that were beeing looked upon for balance purposes of the units?
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2014, 04:28:41 pm »

Flame pios 2 mp40s 1 flamer 210 hp pool

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
clonetroopers Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2014, 05:35:35 pm »

Why not give flame sappers stens, if pios get mp40's and engi's get m3 grease guns?
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2014, 05:55:28 pm »

Why not give flame sappers stens, if pios get mp40's and engi's get m3 grease guns?
because flame sappers in brens is OP.

Flame sappers aint ever get love. Just be costly t2 unlock forever alone dem feels.

Even tho assault pgrens are t3 they get flamer + 3 mp44's which really adds up on the dps scale.

Flame sappers is just 80mu flamer and 3 enfails
clonetroopers Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2014, 08:09:27 pm »

since engi's and pios cant fight, let trebch busters fight!!!
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2014, 11:23:38 pm »

since engi's and pios cant fight, let trebch busters fight!!!

for cost should be all about CQB hence trench busters.
1x flamer
3x Shotgun

id even pay another 20mu for this.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2014, 12:20:19 am »

Are you people seriously crying why sappers don't get love?

Here's a moment to think.

Soldier armor 4 models. Think about it for a second. Soldier armor.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2014, 01:24:06 am »

Are you people seriously crying why sappers don't get love?

Here's a moment to think.

Soldier armor 4 models. Think about it for a second. Soldier armor.
I don't give a fuck about what the rgds say about soldier armor.
trench busters are utter shit for their price.
They get rofl stomped by anything, smoke from my experience does very little to benefit them.
And that's mortar, CCT and Typhoon smoke.

the desperately need some sort of love for a 5 pop 80mu 4 man flamer squad its highway robbery.
either buffing the unit or lowering the pool and mu cost.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2014, 01:28:31 am »

its the pool.

60pool on a 7 pool unit and then you add in officers talking a smooth pool then.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
Uglysori Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2014, 02:50:11 am »

I don't give a fuck about what the rgds say about soldier armor.
trench busters are utter shit for their price.
They get rofl stomped by anything, smoke from my experience does very little to benefit them.
And that's mortar, CCT and Typhoon smoke.

the desperately need some sort of love for a 5 pop 80mu 4 man flamer squad its highway robbery.
either buffing the unit or lowering the pool and mu cost.

I call bullshit.  They do not get rofl stomped by everything. 60 health with soldier armor. They are the 2nd toughest flamer squad in the game even if u take into acct pio flamers with med kits.  Soldier armor takes 40% less dmg from MP40s, 40% less dmg from Gren Kars, 25% less dmg from lmgs, 25% less accuracy and 50% less dmg from hmgs. Soldier armor takes full dmg from MP44s and G43s.  Learn what you can and can not fight with soldier armor. 

If you can't beat a single pio squad with a trenchbuster squad you are doing something extremely wrong.  Since everything under sun according to you kills them maybe you should stop trying to use them.  Half your posts nowadays border on being disingenuous and misinformation.      
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 02:52:48 am by Uglysori » Logged
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2014, 03:33:47 am »

I call bullshit.  They do not get rofl stomped by everything. 60 health with soldier armor. They are the 2nd toughest flamer squad in the game.

They are the toughest. Second is Flameassault squad with AB armor. Soldier armor is the second best armor in game behind Elite armor. They are the sturdiest you can get but if you expect to charge them head on, you are going to have a bad day.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2014, 03:57:58 am »

They are the toughest. Second is Flameassault squad with AB armor. Soldier armor is the second best armor in game behind Elite armor. They are the sturdiest you can get but if you expect to charge them head on, you are going to have a bad day.
I always use smoke with them, and I always seem to come out second best.
meh guess ill just stick with crocs, far simpler to use.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2014, 07:48:24 am »

They could come down in MU to 55 like the other flamers, especially considering they don't have assault weaponry to back up the flamer. The pool could also come down by one or two.

Not changing their stats though unless absolutely necessary - 4 men, 60 HP, soldier armour, 1 flamer and 3 semi-decent rifles (It can push units down to the yellow health threshold to let it's flamer work more efficiently, and the rifles can let it do it at mid range).

People need to get a bit more creative in their application or throw them in amongst other units, they are definitely survivable enough. They can also be thrown in Bren Carriers which is a major advantage (I'll double check to see if launcher pre-loading is fixed and put it on the list if it aint).

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
Uglysori Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2014, 12:19:55 pm »

I didn't bother to truly break down the differences between the mitigation differences between AB armor and Soldier armor.  Soldier armor is superior but Assault flammens do have 20 more hp per man, 80 hp per squad advantage along with inherent sprint built into the platform via vet.  Officers throw things off but on a squad per squad basis I tend to think assault flammens are slightly tougher.  I haven't done the all the math though so you could be right on the Trenchbusters.  All pretty situational imo.  We can both agree Trenchbusters are tougher per squad than the other 2.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 01:54:42 pm by Uglysori » Logged
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2014, 02:24:18 pm »

Ok so maybe I jumped the gun on them, but their cost effectiveness is still screwy.

Mu should come down to something lime 55-65.
pool also could use a 1-2 reduction.

I2ay Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2014, 02:26:39 pm »

So if buying an MP40 and a flamethrower is 55 munis, and two greaseguns and a flamethrower is also 55 munis, why is just buying a flamethrower on a sapper unit suddenly 80 munis with the same shitty rifles that don't make sense to have as supporting weapons for a flamethrower?

jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2014, 02:34:30 pm »

We need to give Trench Busters stens.

I'm only kidding.  Wink

Let's talk about PIATs in a car.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc