Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2024, 08:24:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Doctrines weekend?  (Read 4245 times)
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« on: April 04, 2014, 03:40:43 am »

Hey what about activating doctrine unlocks for weekends? I know you guys (BT and rest devs) are flexible enough to thing about it. Imagine it like experiment. Nothing to hide here, eirr is so deserted atm its almost imposible get a game. We all know reasons why it takes so long get patches (volunteering, real life and so on) and we (comunytit) must deal with it. I am fine. we get patches - ok, we dont - we wait till we get it. Its simple. We understand that eirr must be fixed and we apreciate your work.

But come on, ya have all codes of doctrines, launcher GUI aint changed so ya can upload any patch you want to? I feel like fridays uploading some old doctrines would be a great idea. Is that hard to do? I mean in time comsuming for devs? we coulda get some fresh air here. Look how player base went up after removing docs, every1 wanted try it how it feels, we had bunch of players around in launcher. Now 4months passed, still no doctrines despite a fact you guys said its only few weeks. No complains here as i said volunteering is nice from ya side.

Think about it. Those doctrines woulda brought ppl back. Leave all BT patches as it is now, just upload doctrines and ya will get more info about balance isues. Win-win situation

« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 03:43:14 am by Shabtajus » Logged

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 03:45:44 am »

+1

If shab wants a weekend of experimentation, who are we to stop him.
Plus i never went to college.

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 03:52:38 am »

Game is still good, still fun to play, still all guys around in forums, they all just waiting for changes. Its not like mod is dead, but its not alive as well. Its like zombie. I am not sure what else can convince developers bring those doctrines back? You still can work on your balance ideas. Got patch with new balance tweaks? Ok remove dooctrines, upload patch, see comunyti response. Than again upload doctrines. And you will have something being allways different and atractive for players stay and play
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 03:57:11 am »

Dont let Uncle Andywarbucks money go to waste.
He gets little games as is, and with the skeleton community now poor bugger aimt going to see any games.

Pls devs.
ick312 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2014, 04:05:34 am »

devs never cared really about the playersbases and if games are played or not.
So why should they now bring back doctrines?

And even in that timeframe, could massive oberservation without docs been made. But besides the beginning "fire up" changes nothing really convincing happened and tbh: to remove "kamikaze fire up blobs" you wouldnt have needed docs deactivated.
Ajah forgot to mention bringing stormtrooper on the same level as Ranger omfg! 2 infantry units which are totally out of line with the other infantry.
Tiger changes were obiviously needed in a enviroment with rambo blobs, but those changes in an enviroment without kamikaze RRs were totally game dominating and kept for ages.

Anyway devs wont change their approach  of doing things, since they give a fack about the mood in the community. What is regarding certain guys a right decision.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 04:18:27 am by ick312 » Logged

I don't know Wind, that whole 21 virgins thing kinda peaked my interest a little .......
From fucking kids to fucking christ, jesus heartmann. Just stop already you filthy monster, you are only making it worse
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2014, 04:23:49 am »

We're going to reintroduce doctrines within approximately the next week.

We're just deciding how we'll be doing it, as we've got to take into consideration the amount of time myself, Niko and Tank would have to put into it depending on the method we choose.

No if's, no but's. One way or another we'll put them back out as we realise that it's doing the mod more harm than good to hold them back at this point.

The main thing that was holding us back from the doctrines was the sheer amount of effort and time involved in getting them to a balanced standard (As in, all doctrines balanced against each other, regardless of how powerful or subtle it's decided they go for).

There's 4 factions, with 12 doctrines, with 3 T4's (36) for each doctrine and 3 dual T3 (36) combinations for each doctrine. That's 72 options that all need to be relatively speaking as powerful (Worthwhile) as each other. It's a headache just thinking about getting that scaled up properly. You've then got the new launcher that EiRRMod is working on which will be using a different doctrine system, and it's then questionable as to how much effort the old doctrines are worth.

However, it has been decided it's definitely worth bringing them back, and doing some degree of work on them as we go. As said, it's just a matter of deciding how we go about it at this point.

So yes, even though you lot can be a total bunch of fuckwits at times, we do in fact care. Your mileage can vary as to how much, but we do.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2014, 04:30:25 am »

it will be brand new doctrines with brand new stuff?
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2014, 04:32:10 am »

We're going to reintroduce doctrines within approximately the next week.

We're just deciding how we'll be doing it, as we've got to take into consideration the amount of time myself, Niko and Tank would have to put into it depending on the method we choose.

No if's, no but's. One way or another we'll put them back out as we realise that it's doing the mod more harm than good to hold them back at this point.

The main thing that was holding us back from the doctrines was the sheer amount of effort and time involved in getting them to a balanced standard (As in, all doctrines balanced against each other, regardless of how powerful or subtle it's decided they go for).

There's 4 factions, with 12 doctrines, with 3 T4's (36) for each doctrine and 3 dual T3 (36) combinations for each doctrine. That's 72 options that all need to be relatively speaking as powerful (Worthwhile) as each other. It's a headache just thinking about getting that scaled up properly. You've then got the new launcher that EiRRMod is working on which will be using a different doctrine system, and it's then questionable as to how much effort the old doctrines are worth.

However, it has been decided it's definitely worth bringing them back, and doing some degree of work on them as we go. As said, it's just a matter of deciding how we go about it at this point.

So yes, even though you lot can be a total bunch of fuckwits at times, we do in fact care. Your mileage can vary as to how much, but we do.

The amount of work you guys have done and the amount of consistant reliable updates weve recieved recently shows us all that infact, you do scare because you care( sorry watching monsters inc)

Honestly hicks with the propsed rebalance i think itll be worth the wait doing away with useless passive buffs, and putting decnt costs inplace for the OP shit (firestorm 3 second drop im looking at you).

In the long run it may just extend EIR's life to the decade of CoH being around.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2014, 04:52:47 am »

it will be brand new doctrines with brand new stuff?

It'll be the old doctrines that we bring back, but we'll be assessing them as we go and making changes as necessary.

How we go about doing that is still in discussion, which is why we haven't just flicked the switch and dropped them on you all - Hence the approximate week until we do.

The new doctrine system will come with the new launcher, and that'll be when EiRRMod has put it together. I can't give you a time frame on that, only EiRRMod can.
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2014, 04:59:30 am »

so with doctrine uploads we gonna lose reward units? warmap reset?
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2014, 05:05:43 am »

Not sure, so I will not specifically say what will happen with regards to current company progression.

However, last I checked we were going to do a full wipe with the exception of gold reserves, but that is subject to change at any given moment.

If a wipe accompanies the doctrine introduction then we will give a few days notice so that people can let their favourite units die honourably, etc.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2014, 06:31:32 am »

Not sure, so I will not specifically say what will happen with regards to current company progression.

However, last I checked we were going to do a full wipe with the exception of gold reserves, but that is subject to change at any given moment.

If a wipe accompanies the doctrine introduction then we will give a few days notice so that people can let their favourite units die honourably, etc.

Is it possible that even market gets a wipe and current units there will be refunded to their owners back? A clear plate aside of gold reserves.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2014, 07:29:36 am »

Is it possible that even market gets a wipe and current units there will be refunded to their owners back? A clear plate aside of gold reserves.

Well, there should be a reset after totally new system. I don't like fighting vet 3 or 4 SP or Tiger Ace.

TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2014, 10:27:23 am »

It has also clearly shown that many of the people who claim there is mass imbalance simply just need to learn to play!

Wise words, Wise words indeed.

Why isnt there a discussion thread about the one tank just posted?

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2014, 10:35:18 am »

Wise words, Wise words indeed.

Why isnt there a discussion thread about the one tank just posted?

Unfortunately I had to lock the thread because the little children could not resist posting silly pictures. Rather than listen to the QQ about banning the little children for breaking the forum rules, I simply deleted the images and locked the thread.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2014, 10:38:16 am »

In 2 and a half hours they managed to spam the thread?
neat.
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2014, 10:39:36 am »

In 2 and a half hours they managed to spam the thread?
neat.

If you call it "spam", you're probably new to this community Tongue

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2014, 10:40:57 am »

Where is royalhants when you need him?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc