Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:58:49 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 22, 2024, 01:44:39 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Poll
Question: Remove pool for a set period of time as a test
You son of a slutbag, yes
You son of a slutbag, no
Other (Specify)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pool Removal Poll  (Read 33271 times)
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #80 on: April 24, 2014, 05:21:52 pm »

I don't know, people like Misten and Nijo were always competent at dealing with "spammy" companies all the while never really deviating from their basic 2-3 MG, 2 mortar, 4 ATG, 3 Sherman and assorted inf builds.

All of these soft counters I've just listed will shut down M8 Spam quite horribly while also serving other uses. The upgun hotchkisses are excellent anti-tank units (a single hotch can out-DPS a panther, it just happens to be far more fragile, while 2 hotches can be quite scary to even a pershing). Ostwinds and the flowergun are excellent anti-infantry units which should never be shunned in those roles.

I am not going to repeat the mantra of "lol, adapt and bring a counter-coy" - because I understand your point that attempting to build counter-companies is tiresome and a roll of the dice, at the end of the day. But it simply does not have to be this extreme. Spam has always followed the general meta-game. Light vehicles begin to run circles around a support-orientated metagame, it does not matter if it is 8 M8s or 20 - they are only effective under certain overall metagame conditions - and people are not going to run spam that is just flat out ineffective. You can bring volks-spam against double pershing companies all you want, you're not going to be doing much other than dying. Crocs and Airborne making a resurgence? Let the fausts and nades sing. Unless they added 2 quads to their company... Fuck.

That is the point I am trying to make. All you need to do with your companies is make the same changes you would if the meta-game shifted from heavy tanks to light vehicles in the days of pool and you will be doing as well as before. A spam company being gimped against certain counters does not mean you need to bring a company full of nothing but counters. Just keeping the right mix of units on the field for 10-15 minutes will make the spam bleed horrendous losses without achieving kills and, chances are - not recover to win the game even after the counter units are somehow miraculously dead.

Again, who cares if your company doesn't counter theirs. If you've kept the map for 15 minutes and made the enemy bleed a third of their company with 2 hard-counter units, you're already half-way to victory, even if all you have left is just soft-counters within your balanced company.

And what Crazy is referencing is a game earlier today where my hotchkisses completely shut down hicks' M8s AFTER they drove over every single mine the M8s laid. Because why not.

nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #81 on: April 24, 2014, 05:24:05 pm »

About the upgun hotch, I'm not sure using a unit that is, well, too good is a good example.

I don't suppose you were running the bottom T4?

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #82 on: April 24, 2014, 05:26:17 pm »

Bot T4 Luft, yeah. I'm not sure if the speed actually works on hotches though - at least, I did not notice them moving any faster than usual. Within my territory or outside (though could just be the piss poor accel of the hotches). It also doesn't work on inf anymore because the vet sergeant is gone.

The +10 sight is nice tho.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #83 on: April 24, 2014, 05:29:43 pm »

You forgot the really handy (and hilarious) -20% rec acc  Wink

At the very least, the upgun hotch is underpriced at 70 fuel.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #84 on: April 24, 2014, 05:33:32 pm »

A true beacon of good play is nijo.

Loved watching him play with his balanced coys vs new terror KCH, most everyone QQd but nijo handled them fine without alot of hardcounters.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #85 on: April 24, 2014, 05:34:11 pm »

Probably. Pool made them useless before though. 2 hotches mean you're pretty much not getting schwims, ACs or IHTs? yeah, totes k.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #86 on: April 24, 2014, 05:35:29 pm »

Probably. Pool made them useless before though. 2 hotches mean you're pretty much not getting schwims, ACs or IHTs? yeah, totes k.
Nah, that's not true, I pretty comfortably ran a company with numerious hotches before, it's not as bad as you make it out to be.

It depended on how you used that reserve pool.
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #87 on: April 24, 2014, 05:36:50 pm »

You forgot the really handy (and hilarious) -20% rec acc  Wink

At the very least, the upgun hotch is underpriced at 70 fuel.

Man vet 4 hotch running with that t4, if only i ever had gotten a panther command tank.

I never said hotch were bad, i ran them day and night after pudding showed me how good they were(another fun run is with the top t2 with SE, that 15% moving acc is actually just a fixed acc buff last time i checked) but they die like flies to atgs if they dont have that t4, making that point of 4 hotch being able to fight off 18 m8s in a 40 minute battle it becomes impossible unless you have RNjeesus on your side.

Ofcourse theroy crafting in the forum has nothing on actually playing the game but the hotch aint a magical unit that you bring to get rid off all of your voes, youre also going to have a marder or 2 or a 50mm latht, on the other hand zrecks are going to be a underwhelming unit to use against it and infantry are going to be shitting their pants when being brought out.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 05:40:01 pm by TheIcelandicManiac » Logged

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #88 on: May 03, 2014, 06:38:54 am »

what a fake thread, where are those 29 voters?

asks on forums pool to be removed --> dont come to launcher and dont play a game

scumbag Elitgren

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #89 on: May 04, 2014, 12:03:24 am »

comes to launcher

scared to play a game without David

scumbag ElieGren
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc