Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:47:36 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 22, 2024, 01:44:39 am]

[March 10, 2024, 03:58:45 pm]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]
Poll
Question: Remove pool for a set period of time as a test
You son of a slutbag, yes
You son of a slutbag, no
Other (Specify)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pool Removal Poll  (Read 32457 times)
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2014, 06:20:09 pm »

I frankly just don't give a fuck anymore to be honest. This community is full of a bunch of mindless idiots with memories like two year olds.

You guys remember one tiny fleeting second of something from the past and think we should just revert the whole fucking game that moment when you stomped someone with a gimmick.

This mod started on it's way to death when we caved to the vocal minority in the community who wanted to make this their elitist little mod group and say fuck you to all the new players. Bullshit like "Oh I had to pay my dues, so every new player must as well" or uncontrolled stomps.

Now those same people want their batshit crazy shit again "because it was fun". It is that attitude that drove this mod into the ground.

Whatever, change it to the fuck fest you want and lets just watch it die.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2014, 06:56:02 pm »

I frankly just don't give a fuck anymore to be honest. This community is full of a bunch of mindless idiots with memories like two year olds.

You guys remember one tiny fleeting second of something from the past and think we should just revert the whole fucking game that moment when you stomped someone with a gimmick.

This mod started on it's way to death when we caved to the vocal minority in the community who wanted to make this their elitist little mod group and say fuck you to all the new players. Bullshit like "Oh I had to pay my dues, so every new player must as well" or uncontrolled stomps.

Now those same people want their batshit crazy shit again "because it was fun". It is that attitude that drove this mod into the ground.

quote worthy.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2014, 07:13:10 pm »

You would do well to remember your standing in this forum and the position you hold.

How is your disregard for forum standards, guidlines and rules for you to just belligerently cuss and use derogatory terms towards the community.

If your going to hold the rest of us to a high standard tank maybe you could lead the charge and loose the outright hypocrisy your displaying as of late.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 07:39:07 pm by XIIcorps » Logged

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2014, 08:00:54 pm »

You would do well to remember your standing in this forum and the position you hold.

How is your disregard for forum standards, guidlines and rules for you to just belligerently cuss and use derogatory terms towards the community.

If your going to hold the rest of us to a high standard tank maybe you could lead the charge and loose the outright hypocrisy your displaying as of late.

Or I could tell you to go fuck yourself and watch you QQ about it........ Feel free to create your own forums and run them as you see fit. I will be sure to stop by and let you know how you should run them  Wink

Oh snivel snivel, double standard - go cry to your mommy XIIcorps, she may actually give a shit about your opinion.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2014, 08:50:55 pm »

Or I could tell you to go fuck yourself and watch you QQ about it........ Feel free to create your own forums and run them as you see fit. I will be sure to stop by and let you know how you should run them  Wink

Oh snivel snivel, double standard - go cry to your mommy XIIcorps, she may actually give a shit about your opinion.

2 bad you cant be more like  Andy44.
shockcoil Offline
griefer & spammer
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2014, 08:53:04 pm »

Since you think this mod is on a downward spiral because of recent changes, I'm curious tank, what do you think was the heyday of the mod? Having played through most iterations I recall the most active times being in vEIR and a bit after EIRR was first introduced, a cursory glance shows most page views was achieved in April 2008 which was during vEIR. Incidentally we had pretty batshit doctrines and no availability then. Now I'm not saying they were the reason for the activity but at the same time I'm also not seeing this correlation between spam and inactivity.

I'm also curious what you think exactly about the recent changes has caused the inactivity. Admittedly I have not played much recently but I'm not seeing where this pandering to the vocal minority has come from. Disabling doctrines and messing around with base units seems directly contrary to what the forum has been whining about. From my point of view the dev team has done a good job sticking to their own agenda and timeline rather than give in to the forums. I'm not saying that's a good or bad thing, I'm just not seeing your point about pandering. I could be wrong though I haven't really kept up with recent events.

XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2014, 09:03:45 pm »

wont see me qq'ing mate. I frankly dont give a fuck anymore,  this mod just seems to be a demolition derby of egos.

Do what you will you egotistical hypocritical ponce, eir will flourish one way or another.

Oh hey windcriesmary
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2014, 09:47:59 pm »

Since you think this mod is on a downward spiral because of recent changes, I'm curious tank, what do you think was the heyday of the mod? Having played through most iterations I recall the most active times being in vEIR and a bit after EIRR was first introduced, a cursory glance shows most page views was achieved in April 2008 which was during vEIR. Incidentally we had pretty batshit doctrines and no availability then. Now I'm not saying they were the reason for the activity but at the same time I'm also not seeing this correlation between spam and inactivity.

I'm also curious what you think exactly about the recent changes has caused the inactivity. Admittedly I have not played much recently but I'm not seeing where this pandering to the vocal minority has come from. Disabling doctrines and messing around with base units seems directly contrary to what the forum has been whining about. From my point of view the dev team has done a good job sticking to their own agenda and timeline rather than give in to the forums. I'm not saying that's a good or bad thing, I'm just not seeing your point about pandering. I could be wrong though I haven't really kept up with recent events.

Ah.... finally, someone with something intelligent to say.

a cursory glance shows most page views was achieved in April 2008 which was during vEIR
Yes, a brand new mod and the first of it's kind. You pretty much could have served dog shit on a stick and it would have brought a crowd. Luckily it was not dog shit on a stick, but it was certainly something far from complete and extremely rough around the edges.

Those early beta years quickly showed the glaring inefficiencies and problems with the mod. The devs at the time worked hard to make the mod better and correct the problems.
The dev team did not create the pool system because they were bored and had nothing to do. They created the system to help stabilize the mod into something more then a shit show of elitists that considered this mod their sacred ground.
The dev team soon realized this mod would never survive the long run without a continuous influx of new players. New players were not willing to play a game of ridiculous doctrines and spam - it was just a stupid environment to play in.

Here's where the dev team went wrong:
1.) It tried to pander to the vocal minority while still thinking they could make it user friendly for the new players it so desperately needed. The result was half assed shit for both groups.
2.) The dev team failed to see the importance of usability, transparency, and accessibility. This resulted in very low numbers of new players and a greater sense of elitism in the community
3.) The dev team failed to have a clear concise game design in mind. Pandering to the vocal minority resulted in unbalanced and thrown together abilities.
4.) Modding on the fly development resulted in many things implemented in a broken state and never fixed do to resources allocated to new projects.
5.) Stagnation of development as a result of overwhelming community negativity and complete disregard or respect of the dev team.

Final straw that broke the camels back: Too many Radical balance changes made in quick succession with slow hotfix response time.

Where are we at now? Simple really.  The radical design changes required to make this mod new and fresh can not be carried out with the dinosaur of a launcher we have. It just can't, no matter who QQ's about it.
The dev team has committed to creating a new launcher and focusing on the things it should have the first time around. We will start fresh and build the mod the way it should been the first time.

The new mod and the new forums will be focused on a respectful community that embraces growth and ensures new players have accessibility and transparency. It will not pander to the elitists but will be challenging enough for the hard core player.

The mod will be awesome with the flexibility and creativity desired by the players. The forums will be respectful and organized. If you want to know what that is, simply read the forum rules at Relic news. Our rules will be a copy paste of what you read there and strictly enforced.

tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2014, 10:11:47 pm »

Awesome!

Will it be a brand new url and design? Even cooler if it is as that would be very friendly to new players (doesn't seem like joining and old community).

Home page (all pages work, just using place holder images and text for now)

Forums; (fully functional and currently in use for dev team)

I intentionally designed it with Red text to troll deadbolt (colorblind)........ But seriously I will most likely change the Red font to an off white. 
The website is built from scratch and uses no templates at all. Every page is unique and has it's own CS style. It is the very first time I have ever attempted building a website. FLdash said I would never figure it out, so I proved him wrong.......
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2014, 01:28:55 am »

oh tank, i missed you...

no, the mod went to crap when i was kicked off the balance team for joking like i was a mindless twerp just licking higher ups boots (if anyone truly knew me, they'd know thats the opposite of my personality).

but i digress

i miss the mod, id play but i'd probably be stomped into the ground.

eirr needs a better learning curve.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 01:30:39 am by Tymathee » Logged

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2014, 02:00:44 am »

EIRR mod has said in the launcher a long whole ago he was going to add something so new players didnt get raped and so anyone who played with them has been compensated or something.
Heartmann Offline
Officer of Kindness

« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2014, 04:41:41 am »

Dont screw with it more, i like the way things are, the pool makes a nice barrier so not that many troll companies can be created, although they still are out there somewhere, but, now at least there are not as many.

In the basement getting drunk.
It's not really creepy until I show up.............

- I've heard of being an animal in bed but...

- The phallic principle of the Navy Wink
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2014, 05:24:44 am »

I personally enjoy the pool system, but it may need to change.

Im thinking a system where you gradually can change your pool ratios via commander 'experience' (The more you have played, the laxer the system - or the more you can fine tune it - with going 'back' is harder).

Do we want a pooless couple of weeks to see how things go?

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2014, 05:28:14 am »

Ah.... finally, someone with something intelligent to say.
I agree Wink

I want old school stuff too, but with a base of balance.  Id *like* it to be OP vs OP balance (which, really, is fun as fuck, but HARD to balance properly).

Here's where the dev team went wrong:
1.) It tried to pander to the vocal minority while still thinking they could make it user friendly for the new players it so desperately needed. The result was half assed shit for both groups.
2.) The dev team failed to see the importance of usability, transparency, and accessibility. This resulted in very low numbers of new players and a greater sense of elitism in the community
3.) The dev team failed to have a clear concise game design in mind. Pandering to the vocal minority resulted in unbalanced and thrown together abilities.
4.) Modding on the fly development resulted in many things implemented in a broken state and never fixed do to resources allocated to new projects.
5.) Stagnation of development as a result of overwhelming community negativity and complete disregard or respect of the dev team.

Final straw that broke the camels back: Too many Radical balance changes made in quick succession with slow hotfix response time.

Where are we at now? Simple really.  The radical design changes required to make this mod new and fresh can not be carried out with the dinosaur of a launcher we have. It just can't, no matter who QQ's about it.
The dev team has committed to creating a new launcher and focusing on the things it should have the first time around. We will start fresh and build the mod the way it should been the first time.
Exactly what tank130 said.

We have to rebuild folks, and thats my best area - starting from scratch =)
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2014, 07:25:30 am »

Do we want a pooless couple of weeks to see how things go?

The poll and the past few threads appear to have answered that, for the past few days it has been a question of whether the SDT want to go through with it.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2014, 07:34:32 am »

The poll and the past few threads appear to have answered that, for the past few days it has been a question of whether the SDT want to go through with it.

i say do it and lets see if these old timers like AmPm will come back for a game

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2014, 07:52:31 am »

The poll and the past few threads appear to have answered that.............

Well, lets review the thread.

A total of 17 people posted in this thread.

4 out of 17 are Devs. Of those 4, only 2 actually play the game on a regular bases
1 Out of 13 only posted to take the opportunity to criticize tank130
1 Out of 13 posted to defend tanks honor......lol
7 out of 13 have clearly stated they want pool removed
2 out of 13 have clearly stated they want pool to stay
1 Out of 13 has not clearly stated his preference other then he want me to be more like Andy
1 out of 13 is a representative of our resident minority group who says he misses me, but does not indicate his pool preference.

So ya, in typical Eirr fashion, the dev team will ignore all logic and reality, listen to the loudest group and base the future of the mod on that input. We essentially have 9 people posting a clear definitive response in regards to pool and we are going to make a game change decision based on those 9 people?

Here's what I really find ironic. At our peak, we had 7 people on the dev team.
The same 7 people voting against pool right now are pretty much the same people who complain the loudest when the Dev team makes decisions without community input. Some of those people complain like morons, and some of them do it in a more professional and respectful way. But they all don't like it when 7 devs control the mod..........

Anyway, I just thought it a little ironic is all  Wink
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2014, 07:57:06 am »

I voted for keeping it tbh- but it needs tweaked Wink
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2014, 10:12:42 am »

Why dont you guys just make andy decide?
hes got the biggest stake in the mod right now so he should atleast have some sort of say in this.

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2014, 10:35:54 am »

Why dont you guys just make andy decide?
hes got the biggest stake in the mod right now so he should atleast have some sort of say in this.

Pay to win Cheesy

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc