Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:21:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[April 29, 2024, 01:55:18 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Poll
Question: Do you want a war reset (Only gold remains)
Yes. - 16 (53.3%)
No. - 13 (43.3%)
Cant decide/Comment (Make post) - 1 (3.3%)
Total Voters: 30

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: War reset at next patch? (June 1st)  (Read 17203 times)
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2014, 06:12:40 pm »

No Schmidt.

If your doing a complete reset does this mean were going back to having to earn pps for our doctrines.

Or is this reset soley for the tourney/patch.

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2014, 06:25:04 pm »

It means the warmap will be reset and all sides will be back to no PP's.

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
ick312 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2014, 06:49:09 pm »

I would prefer to see a complete wipe of everything and increase the rareness of reward units. The things are handed out like candy from the back of my van ffs.

BTW - I have 3,958 gold and 5 pages of cards that I could sell off to increase that gold. A wipe that retains the gold can create a massive unfair advantage.

listen to the men!

I don't know Wind, that whole 21 virgins thing kinda peaked my interest a little .......
From fucking kids to fucking christ, jesus heartmann. Just stop already you filthy monster, you are only making it worse
I2ay Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2014, 07:48:04 pm »

Get rid of everything. We should all be left with no companies, no cards, and no gold.

EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2014, 10:36:18 pm »

No company resets, they only make you have to rebuild companies and lose vet, if people want new strats or companies they are free to build those at any time, don't need any resets for that. Warmap should reward  players for participating, not  punish them like it has been with all these resets. What is the point of having a persistence mod if there are resets all the time??
Bolded for emphasis.

By 'All the time' I assume you mean almost YEARLY....
The warmap is meant to cycle every 2-6 months naturally, when a 'winning' faction is triggered.

The persistance part of this mod is on a game-to-game basis, not 'persists forever'.  This isnt a MMO.

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2014, 10:37:46 pm »

I would prefer to see a complete wipe of everything and increase the rareness of reward units. The things are handed out like candy from the back of my van ffs.
Yeah, this will probably be what happens.

With such a small pool of cards (Anything thats not a warmap card is a reward card) is that the rarity spikes still with reward units, but they'll still be lowered.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2014, 10:58:31 pm »

A couple of suggestions for the warmap:

- Remove the warmap point it costs to activate warmap cards as it makes common cards useless.
- Increase chances of ME when no one is attacking.
- Introduce rewards for capturing territory on the warmap so attacking becomes worthwhile (for example: axis have captured paris: all axis combatants get 10 captured shermans) ^^

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2014, 11:08:32 pm »

A couple of suggestions for the warmap:

- Remove the warmap point it costs to activate warmap cards as it makes common cards useless.
Good idea, Ill put that one in.

- Increase chances of ME when no one is attacking.
And replace with a higher chance of R+?  ATM it would be 50/50 if noone is Att/Def

- Introduce rewards for capturing territory on the warmap so attacking becomes worthwhile (for example: axis have captured paris: all axis combatants get 10 captured shermans) ^^
While a good idea, its not implementable on our current launcher unfortunately :/
You suggestion is quite similar to something tank130 has suggested, and will probably be introduced for our next iteration.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2014, 11:10:01 pm »

At the start of Warmap each player gets 1 Action point come on seriously with the 1 Action point player can either move forward or change his resources. It'd be better that way.

In game allow tanks to self destruct if they lose engine and are basically immobile.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2014, 12:05:55 am »

A warmap reset should bring with it a gold reset as well. Anyone who's got over a thousand gold saved up has pretty much already gotten to use at least one reward unit at least once, so it's not like they never got to play with the fun stuff. I personally have quite a bit of gold saved as well, and would be flooding the market with all sorts of uncommons as soon as the reset would happen, as I have the gold to do it via bronze packs in particular.

Don't think anyone wants to fight a 5 jagdpanzer company without even a single pershing to back them up.

PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2014, 12:11:03 am »

And replace with a higher chance of R+?  ATM it would be 50/50 if noone is Att/Def

I am not sure what you mean. When everyone is defending there is roughly 90% of R+ which means that nearly all games are played as reinforcement mode and very few as meeting engagement.
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2014, 01:01:57 am »

Well since R+ is the best mode, I don't see the problem

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2014, 01:52:32 am »

What crazy said

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2014, 07:12:36 am »

I moved this thread (I guess I still can) cuz I think that is why no one could read the poll. But I could be wrong.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2014, 08:31:24 am »

There could be more scenarios, like king of the hill or special companies for tank combat.

nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2014, 10:56:11 am »

No everyone is defending, that means it's always 100% chance of R+ and it's incredibly dull... Almost nobody wants to attack because everyone is defending, just one player attacking while the other 5 defend gives it a 75% (or so it seems) chance of allies/axis attack so nobody does it.

If all 6 players are defending, is it possible to give a special clause that makes it a 25% chance of ALL game modes?
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2014, 11:59:13 am »

If all 6 players are defending, is it possible to give a special clause that makes it a 25% chance of ALL game modes?

+1
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2014, 12:07:56 pm »

what is this pool?
asking for a reset > leaving a gold...

where is a choice of full reset?
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2014, 02:47:24 pm »

EIRRMOD if player coordination 3 on same or 6 players on each defending can game the system you need something in place to prevent system being gamed.

Basically, how about "weak chain" and "all agree" policy.

If anyone is not defending, his choice affects the game.

If all are defending, the game mode is randomized with a lower chance of whatever mode is normally most  likely.

Please tell me if you don't understand what I mean, it's maybe not written too clearly.

Something for the new launcher at least Smiley
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 02:53:53 pm by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2014, 06:19:39 pm »

I think I will have to do another poll that includes all the variations here.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc