Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:24:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[April 16, 2024, 09:46:19 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 22, 2024, 01:44:39 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Restore old maps  (Read 21776 times)
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2014, 08:07:05 am »

I don't think 2v2 is an issue as people do like to switch up maps there

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2014, 08:28:28 am »

I don't think 2v2 is an issue as people do like to switch up maps there

If that is the case, then I would think they would embrace this idea as it switches it up even further.

I think this is a great idea. Sure some of the maps suck, but who cares. Everyone is subjected to the same conditions.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2014, 08:39:16 am »

Sure some of the maps suck, but who cares. Everyone is subjected to the same conditions.

yea who cares if a real game player is forced to play map which sucks.. why don't you go and play a game instead of playing on forums you will ses how fun is a game in broken maps with retarded pathing

why dont you just upload all possible maps? Let players decide. I don't get it what is this great deal to keep finished maps in reserve because some1 decided ''yea maps were not played  often enough so yea i am removing them''

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2014, 09:46:05 am »

Because this is how it normally goes

2 People are fine with pretty much any map
1-2 people refuses to play anything but neuville/insertwhateverthepersonthinksisa"Good"maphere
2 people want simething different but cba to argue with above twats so standard boring maps get played.

If a map sucks it should be removed, if a map doesn't suck it should be eligbe for random play, why do you think most games use random maps for automatch games?

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2014, 09:57:52 am »

nikomas plz

u r the one how refuses play other maps. nobody else here is so stuborn and sensitive about map choices like u r
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2014, 09:59:49 am »

nikomas plz

u r the one how refuses play other maps. nobody else here is so stuborn and sensitive about map choices like u r
Sure... That's why I want to randomize map choices/put it on a rotation, makes perfect sense. That way I'll always get to play the map I want becasue that's how random works!

Seriously, just shut up and stop spouting nonsense.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 10:03:01 am by nikomas » Logged
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2014, 10:23:47 am »

yea who cares if a real game player is forced to play map which sucks.. why don't you go and play a game instead of playing on forums you will ses how fun is a game in broken maps with retarded pathing

why dont you just upload all possible maps? Let players decide. I don't get it what is this great deal to keep finished maps in reserve because some1 decided ''yea maps were not played  often enough so yea i am removing them''

Let players decide...... hmmmm. How about the devs make it random so the game does not become boring and stagnant.

In regards to bad pathing - 90% of the players that QQ about bad pathing need a serious dose of L2P. They are bad at micro so blame the map for it.

The pathing on Bastion is horrible, but everyone says keep it around for nostalgia. But put out a new map that has way less problems then bastion and everyone is all up in arms about it.
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2014, 04:02:28 pm »

I'd be 100% in favor of nikomas' idea of 5 maps at each level for a week at a time (2v2, 3v3, 4v4(1 or 2 only?)) for a month to see how it goes.

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2014, 08:05:58 pm »

I'd be willing to make it every third day even for varietys sake, it wouldn't be much effort.

mebbe 3 maps per day
or 5 maps every 3/4th day
or 7 maps per week

something like that anyway
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2014, 08:07:23 pm »

I'd favor forced rotation and merciless quelling of any protests.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2014, 08:44:46 pm »

seconded
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2014, 11:13:42 pm »

I have wanted this for years, so it has my vote!!
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2014, 01:57:53 am »

That's all well and good, but just remember that certain maps are required for the tournament.

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2014, 03:10:35 am »

That's all well and good, but just remember that certain maps are required for the tournament.

Why not bergen anyway ?
For example crossroads favor the right side :/

Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #54 on: May 31, 2014, 03:49:43 am »

Let players decide...... hmmmm. How about the devs make it random so the game does not become boring and stagnant.

QQ about bad pathing need a serious dose of L2P.

than put all maps you guys have in list, make it random choice in game. That will work.

as for L2P comment u aint the 1 who can say that to me tank  Wink
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #55 on: May 31, 2014, 05:50:09 am »

So I numbered up all the maps (seperating by 2v2 and 3v3) and rolled on a random number generator...

3v3
45 = Mcgechens war

2v2
20 = Brecourt
8 = Industrial Riverbed

heya my maps

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #56 on: May 31, 2014, 10:13:06 am »

than put all maps you guys have in list, make it random choice in game. That will work.

as for L2P comment u aint the 1 who can say that to me tank  Wink

I am a poor player for a couple of reasons shab. One, I am older, so my reflexes are shit. But most importantly, I played about 4 games a month when I was active and have played zero games since my departure from development.

Whats really important is I do not QQ and blame a map for playing shitty. That was the point of my post Shab, people who QQ about maps ruining their game need to L2P.

Shab, if you want to turn this into a pissing match of butt hurt feelings because you think the comments are pointed at you, then feel free to send a PM.
I2ay Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2014, 01:35:08 pm »

Whats really important is I do not QQ and blame a map for playing shitty. That was the point of my post Shab, people who QQ about maps ruining their game need to L2P.
That's retarded. Go play Dawn with a well defended 88. The thing will cover the entire map, almost literally. Is it completely possible to overcome an 88 on Dawn, of course. Does the fact that you can overcome an 88 on Dawn make it any less retarded that the unit becomes far more viable than it otherwise tends to be? No. The same scenario is true in tons of different cases where you can do stupid gimicky things on shitty maps.

Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #58 on: May 31, 2014, 01:46:14 pm »

88 gets hate cause its a single unit - you might as well turn the argument on the head and say why a poor maplence should be gorked because of some doctrine being able to use the map.

Piats are good on abbeville! Delete Abbeville and ban everyone who hosts on it!

tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #59 on: May 31, 2014, 02:29:50 pm »

That's retarded. Go play Dawn with a well defended 88. The thing will cover the entire map, almost literally. Is it completely possible to overcome an 88 on Dawn, of course. Does the fact that you can overcome an 88 on Dawn make it any less retarded that the unit becomes far more viable than it otherwise tends to be? No. The same scenario is true in tons of different cases where you can do stupid gimicky things on shitty maps.

You mean just like having to build a counter spam company? Same Shit Ray.
It's called L2P and counter it.

Granted Dawn (a map that was actually removed but someone QQ about bringing it back) is an extreme example of a poor map condition favoring one unit. But the fact remains that in 99% of all cases, players get out played and blame the map.

People who think they should just be able to click and ignore across an entire map are the ones that QQ.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc