Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:17:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 04:28:22 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What would spark your interest in EiR2  (Read 34232 times)
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #80 on: September 02, 2014, 01:10:21 pm »

A tech-based progression system should never happen ingame, if it happens it should be launcher-side. Restricting people's actual units in the field is the purpose of pop and resources.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #81 on: September 02, 2014, 02:53:55 pm »

Sectioning it off by unit type exclusively would be a VERY poor decision. It would have to be tech level, not unit type.

Listing the unit type was merely a way of explaining the tier system, certainly not how I would envision it working. The only way I see it working is by essentially following the same tier (tech) system as vCoH.

So according to this logic we will not be allowed to use some units in game while time x hits? What if i want to start with tiger or pershing or maybe i wanna get pure AB blob?

I think I mentioned it should be based on Pop timer, not just time. Pop currently restricts you from fielding certain units or combinations early in the battle, so I don;t really see it being a really big problem.

One of the biggest problems we face with Eir:r is that you can start with a pershing (for example) so we had to mess with the balance of all the other units to make them feasible in that environment. So now we have units balanced against units they were never designed to be balanced against.

The same can be said for many of the reward units we have or could have. They become redundant or useless because they are used in the wrong tech environment.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #82 on: September 02, 2014, 03:12:38 pm »

But i have a question how you gonna balance axis infantry and support weapons? Allways axis gonna have a huge advantage in early game and it will lead allies losing map badly.

What PE will get in this type of games? Allies get pershing shemran, croms, churchils > PE get p4ist and 1 faction TD get JP, so its nota great deal for PE either

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #83 on: September 02, 2014, 04:15:23 pm »

A tech-based progression system should never happen ingame, if it happens it should be launcher-side. Restricting people's actual units in the field is the purpose of pop and resources.
Actually only pop is the in-game restrictor, but I get what you're saying.

Resources is the composition and focus restrictor.

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #84 on: September 02, 2014, 04:16:52 pm »

But i have a question how you gonna balance axis infantry and support weapons? Allways axis gonna have a huge advantage in early game and it will lead allies losing map badly.

What PE will get in this type of games? Allies get pershing shemran, croms, churchils > PE get p4ist and 1 faction TD get JP, so its nota great deal for PE either
Good point.  If anything this would be a new gametype I imagine, rather than a complete ruleset change.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #85 on: September 02, 2014, 05:10:56 pm »

So why does it work in vCoH?
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #86 on: September 02, 2014, 05:52:32 pm »

I can't even begin to answer this.

I mean really tank your going to ask why something works in Vcoh so why wouldn't it work in EIR.......
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 05:55:37 pm by XIIcorps » Logged

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #87 on: September 02, 2014, 06:43:10 pm »

Because PE as a faction works completely different in vCoH, compared to how EiRR presents it.

You've got massive blobbing buffs, basic infantry that repairs all of your dirt cheap quickly accessible vehicles, hard handheld AT that can only cost MP whereas everybody else's costs MU exclusively... The differences are too many to list. PE in vCoH only APPEARS fragile, the reality is that they are actually durable as fuck due to their ability to have everything constantly topped up on health in a heartbeat.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #88 on: September 02, 2014, 08:37:07 pm »

I can't even begin to answer this.

I mean really tank your going to ask why something works in Vcoh so why wouldn't it work in EIR.......

Sigh....... is it really asking too much for people to read more than one or two posts ahead and form an opinion?

The theme of my suggestion was to create an in game tier system that would be very similar to how vCoH is tiered. So, if a tier system works in vCoh, and we created a tier system very similar to vCoh, logic would tell us that both systems would work very similar.

So if PE works just fine in vCoh and we build a similar tier system, obviously PE would work in EiR:R tier system.

My question as to why does PE work in vCoh was aimed at Shab who dismissed the idea without reading all the posts and getting that the tier system would be similar.

Maybe it would have been easier to just say base building ( without the building part), controlled by a pop timer.

So in a nut shell, I was trying to think outside of the box and do something different with EiR2 rather than just copy paste the same old broken shit we have now.

XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #89 on: September 02, 2014, 09:34:30 pm »

Sigh....... is it really asking too much for people to read more than one or two posts ahead and form an opinion?

The theme of my suggestion was to create an in game tier system that would be very similar to how vCoH is tiered. So, if a tier system works in vCoh, and we created a tier system very similar to vCoh, logic would tell us that both systems would work very similar.

So if PE works just fine in vCoh and we build a similar tier system, obviously PE would work in EiR:R tier system.

My question as to why does PE work in vCoh was aimed at Shab who dismissed the idea without reading all the posts and getting that the tier system would be similar.

Maybe it would have been easier to just say base building ( without the building part), controlled by a pop timer.

So in a nut shell, I was trying to think outside of the box and do something different with EiR2 rather than just copy paste the same old broken shit we have now.

But we are doing away with tiers in the first place or rather trees, and moving towards unlocks and costs.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #90 on: September 02, 2014, 10:55:55 pm »

OMG.......I want to facepalm so hard...

I am not talking about doctrines - at all.....how......just how........ did you make this about doctrines.....I just ....don't even.....

Fuck it, I give up.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #91 on: September 02, 2014, 11:04:25 pm »

OMG.......I want to facepalm so hard...

I am not talking about doctrines - at all.....how......just how........ did you make this about doctrines.....I just ....don't even.....

Fuck it, I give up.
Well doctrines tiers is how we currently control ingame tech levels, which inturn is tied to the warmap.

And now your suggesting about reverting away from everything thats been done and returning to essentially VcoH tech without the base building ?

Not wanting to shit on your cereal Tank but its just sounding like a nail in a coffin.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #92 on: September 03, 2014, 07:13:26 am »

Well doctrines tiers is how we currently control ingame tech levels, which inturn is tied to the warmap.

And now your suggesting about reverting away from everything thats been done and returning to essentially VcoH tech without the base building ?

Not wanting to shit on your cereal Tank but its just sounding like a nail in a coffin.

You are not shitting on my cereal at all XIIcorps. Your opinion actually means very little to me, but I am glad you have commented. Your lack of comprehension has certainly been annoying and I am confident others have noticed it as well.

EiR2 will not be a copy of EiR:R. For the development team that would be boring as fuck and really a waste of our time. Why would we go to all the trouble of creating a new launcher & doctrine structure just to have the same shit we have now?

Eir2 will not have predetermined doctrine trees. There will be a large collection of doctrine abilities available for you to pick and choose as you like. You will have a number of slots available to fill with whatever you want.
The number of slots available will increase by some kind of grind. Possibly war progression or possibly account progression, or even faction progression. That part of the design has not been hammered out and all options are on the table.

We are looking at a large number of options right now and being open minded as well. We are even considering removing pop from the game but having predetermined call ins. It would mean you can only purchase groups of units, not individual units. For example an ATG/hmg call in.
Perhaps you could still purchase single units, but at a much higher resource cost.
Don't shit your pants guys, this is not my idea, it's actually Eirrmods idea.....

Anyway, the point I am trying to make is : Stop thinking EiR2 is going to be the same as EiR:R. Stop comparing the current docs to what the new docs will be. Stop comparing any type of grind we currently have to any type of grind we may have in the future.

EiR2 will be a new game, not just a tweak of the old game.
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #93 on: September 03, 2014, 07:26:18 am »

You are not shitting on my cereal at all XIIcorps. Your opinion actually means very little to me, but I am glad you have commented. Your lack of comprehension has certainly been annoying and I am confident others have noticed it as well.

EiR2 will not be a copy of EiR:R. For the development team that would be boring as fuck and really a waste of our time. Why would we go to all the trouble of creating a new launcher & doctrine structure just to have the same shit we have now?

Eir2 will not have predetermined doctrine trees. There will be a large collection of doctrine abilities available for you to pick and choose as you like. You will have a number of slots available to fill with whatever you want.
The number of slots available will increase by some kind of grind. Possibly war progression or possibly account progression, or even faction progression. That part of the design has not been hammered out and all options are on the table.

We are looking at a large number of options right now and being open minded as well. We are even considering removing pop from the game but having predetermined call ins. It would mean you can only purchase groups of units, not individual units. For example an ATG/hmg call in.
Perhaps you could still purchase single units, but at a much higher resource cost.
Don't shit your pants guys, this is not my idea, it's actually Eirrmods idea.....

Anyway, the point I am trying to make is : Stop thinking EiR2 is going to be the same as EiR:R. Stop comparing the current docs to what the new docs will be. Stop comparing any type of grind we currently have to any type of grind we may have in the future.

EiR2 will be a new game, not just a tweak of the old game.

It's already been said in the thread. Just ignore if someone don't read comments of the others, tank. You cannot cure stupidity Tongue

Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #94 on: September 03, 2014, 09:51:06 am »

because in early stage of the game you are capping resources which is more vital thing inseatd of actualy fighting like we do in eirr, also repair system like vCoh has and such a strong AT units makes heavy tanks less important in meta game
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #95 on: September 03, 2014, 02:48:18 pm »

Look mate just because I fail to comprehend your idea, does not make me stupid.

Its just my interpretation of your written idea is different to yours. Im sure given time and a bit of tangibilty I may see it the same way you do and possibly even agree.

One thing I think we should steer clear of tho is min pop/predetermined callins.

OMG does it, and quite frankly it sucks. This may be due to the pop restrictions in place. But if your enemy has say 2 tanks on field at 24/25 pop and you can only call in an 8 pop minimum which is an mg and atg, whilst you have say 19 pop on field it would make things maddeningly infuriating.

I think we need to analyze what works with EIRR and port that over, whilst inventing ways to improve what doesn't

You cannot cure stupidity Tongue
Mate your last 2 comments have had no relation to the discussion, so I'd un puck those lips and try to add something positive to the discussion even if it is criticism as I have done thusfar.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #96 on: September 03, 2014, 03:45:02 pm »

One thing I think we should steer clear of tho is min pop/predetermined callins.

OMG does it, and quite frankly it sucks. This may be due to the pop restrictions in place. But if your enemy has say 2 tanks on field at 24/25 pop and you can only call in an 8 pop minimum which is an mg and atg, whilst you have say 19 pop on field it would make things maddeningly infuriating.

Please, just please.... read my posts entirely before you respond.

I said:
We are looking at a large number of options right now and being open minded as well. We are even considering removing pop from the game but having predetermined call ins.

Your atg/hmg call in would have no pop value and there would be no pop on field. You could call in every damn unit you have if you wanted. The only restriction would be timers similar to what we have now. Call on too many call ins early and you will have longer deployment times.

DISCLAIMER: This is just an idea that is being floated around in development. This is NOT a confirmed design element. It's also not my idea  Wink

Look mate just because I fail to comprehend your idea, does not make me stupid.

Correct, failing to comprehend does not make you stupid. Failing to comprehend because you fail to read the information planted right in front of your face makes you lazy and infuriating.......you know, like that little comment about removing pop from the game  Wink
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #97 on: September 03, 2014, 04:55:16 pm »

Failing to comprehend fact would make me stupid. Failing to reach the same interpretation of your idea as you do does not.

On the topic of removing pop.
your suggesting each player could call in essentially 200 pop of units in the first 5 minutes of a match with the only call in timers policing this.

And in icks thread your whinging that the game has deteriorated into nothing but LV spam.

To counter this would pool return ? to forcee players to make more rounded coys.

I know nothing is concrete and your just amassing a think tank, but the only way to realise if an idea holds merits is if someone argues against it.
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #98 on: September 04, 2014, 03:30:57 pm »

I know nothing is concrete and your just amassing a think tank, but the only way to realise if an idea holds merits is if someone argues against it.
But.... How are you arguing against something you're not getting?

/confused.

And as tank130 said, several of these ideas are mine, not his - he's just mentioning everything so we can have a discussion.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #99 on: September 05, 2014, 05:21:11 pm »

But.... How are you arguing against something you're not getting?

/confused.

And as tank130 said, several of these ideas are mine, not his - he's just mentioning everything so we can have a discussion.
Not getting as in, its not being implimented at all ?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc