Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:47:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[April 25, 2024, 04:28:22 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Random Genreal Suggestions  (Read 5209 times)
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: May 21, 2015, 12:56:58 am »

DISCLAIMER: This is literally just a spit balling thread. Had a massive chat with bolt about most of these. So assume that stuff would change so that these abilities could work in a balanced state. I just want to hear some suggestions that people may have, however insane they should be. This is not a thread for tearing down peoples ideas. Just a suggestion thread. Should something look good, balance thread shall be made about said suggestion. Thanks guys!

Offmaps:
Be tied to an On map unit or build able structure. Forward observation post sounds cool.

On recharge of varying times depending on the offmap. Doctrines would reduce times either by great amounts or small amounts, depending on what it was

Tommies:
Giving Tommie squad the "Mad Minute" ability. Increased ROF but decreased Accuracy. If it included suppression, Vickers HMG squad could be removed.

US and WM Officers:

Loose auras and receive 2 abilities instead. One offensive and one Defensive. Lower than brits officers as they need 2 officers to get both abilities. US officer could solve the problems with rifleman, but giving them some tasty defensive buffs to make them less squishy. Axis officer finally gets less complicated and abilities would make it more streamlined rather than having 2 different tier 3's that gave various buffs that stacked and now are shit because of said stacking.

CCT tank: Gets the same treatment as the brit officers have been getting, but more along the lines of the 2 abilities thing.

Churchills: We could revert the BP changes/ or keep them. And make churchills give some infantry buffs. After all, they were designed as infantry support tanks.

Tachibana Offline
NotADev

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 01:24:41 am »

Pretty sure wehr officers are activated same as CW. US officers have aura's, which is why I think they don't have as awesome buffs are the other two. Might be an Idea though, giving US officers a proper buff but making it activated a la Wehr/CW officers. Fix that squishy rifle thing.

Ohgodplz AB engies.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 02:36:48 am by Tachibana » Logged

It's like saying "i can understand his concerns that fire breathing dragons live in far away lands"
americans dont dodge wars.
Quote from: Trapfabricator
Literally, The only thing less likely than this is zombie hitler becoming prime minister of israel
koimn6 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 03:20:51 am »

lancaster bomming delete, and typhoon rocket strafe replace in T2,

new doctrine unlock, middle of T3

HOPE FOR MANDO GLORIOUS!
-infantry&support units
maximum speed +1
received suppresion x0.5
weapon acc x1.2

-vehicles
weapon cooldown x 0.75
received acc -20%

(2free/ 4max)

-actually corps suggest typoon need to be 3max, or same like AB bomming run
but it could be abuse off-map, or overlap with AB
-lancaster is too useless if ppl used before, they'r so annoying, bad acc, even worse then V1

« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 03:31:26 am by koimn6 » Logged

HOPE FOR MANDO! GLORIOUS!

Quote from: Mister Schmidt link=topic=28726.msg494081;#msg49408
50mm has always been fine exactly as it is, nothing is happening to it.
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2015, 03:31:10 am »

What's the timer on that?

Also you do realise +1 speed = sprint?

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
koimn6 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2015, 03:33:42 am »

What's the timer on that?

Also you do realise +1 speed = sprint?

ah same like brlitz
and i know +1 speed =sprint, cus i know brlitzkrieg doctrine
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 03:35:34 am by koimn6 » Logged
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2015, 03:35:45 am »

No, how long does that offmap last? 30 seconds?
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2015, 09:44:53 am »

-lancaster is too useless if ppl used before, they'r so annoying, bad acc, even worse then V1

Except for the point that the Lancaster and V1 are functionally identical besides their animations.

Neither the V1 or the Lancaster are designed to hit a specific target (With the exception of emplaced units such as 88's or repairing vehicles), they are designed to cause a massive line break in your opponent. When they hear the warning, they have to move ALL of their shit or RISK losing it. Whether it hits or not is irrelevant, you've opened up your gap to exploit and that is where the power of both the Lancaster and V1 lies.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
clonetroopers Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2015, 09:51:52 am »

give rifles with greese guns same sprint as mp40 volks
omgNiko Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2015, 09:51:58 am »

« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 06:35:51 pm by omgNiko » Logged
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2015, 09:55:01 am »

Yeah forgot to mention that, the entire CW vehicle/tank line is balanced around the CCT's capacity to buff them.

Turn the CCT into the Officer style timed buffs and you'll be cutting off CW armour at the knees.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2015, 10:05:29 am »

Remove doc abilities from all Reward units. Balance reward units to be effective and unique to the battlefield without the docs.

Increase rarity of reward units. Eliminate the ability to buy packs - essentially just buying reward units.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2015, 11:09:05 am »

Remove doc abilities from all Reward units. Balance reward units to be effective and unique to the battlefield without the docs.

Increase rarity of reward units. Eliminate the ability to buy packs - essentially just buying reward units.

isnt niko the only one and eirrmod?

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2015, 11:49:47 am »

just gunna spit ball here for a few things.

Mad Minute- Increase ROF for enfield rifles Decreases accuracy 20s duration. im not good with stats so idk how much to increase them by.

Hammer ability. Small received damage, slow healing aura ( not medkits slow healing) and minor supression bonus. causes temporary slow after use.

Free fire- American officer
20% moving accuracy
-15% recieved damage
-10% recieved accuracy.

Trained Eye defensive officer.
Damage increase
Supression increase
Mark target ability- unit recieves 15% incoming accuracy as opposed to 20.

As for tank auras

Churchill mk6 ( decided to give deffirent auras to deffirent churchills)

40m radius
-15% recieved damage to sappers
+10% increase rof increase in aura for sappers.

Hulldown provides +10 to both.

i also thought what if we made flame sappers or a new sapper unit that buffs the churchill ability to stay alive obvously nothing silly but like a small recieved damage bonus or something.

idk if its possible but it would be fun idea to give upgraded carbines to some unit.

Also i suggested a volley fire ability. idk if its possible to make all units shoot at same time

Increase damage decrease accuracy and causes received accuracy aura.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17v_wvgfbAEExvqzjp66qcYxMBUxoE9Yqc6i4vJlv3-E/edit?usp=sharing

there is a small doctrine draft it's not finished yet but i mainly switched things around so it made a bit more sense.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 12:07:38 pm by aeroblade56 » Logged
omgNiko Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2015, 12:03:51 pm »

« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 06:35:39 pm by omgNiko » Logged
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2015, 12:07:26 pm »

Id be ok with removing docs from reward units part.

But the market, buying packs and getting reward units from games is one of the best things in the mod. It adds a lot to the game. Removing this would be a mistake imo. (coming from some1 who now never buys packs anymore, but it still is fun aspect of mod!)

Quote from: deadbolt
bad luck skaffa>  creates best and most played eir maps
                      >  hated for creating best and most played eir maps

Quote from: Tachibana
47k new all time record?

Quote from: deadbolt
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Hobomancer Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2015, 10:54:37 pm »

DISCLAIMER: This is literally just a spit balling thread. Had a massive chat with bolt about most of these. So assume that stuff would change so that these abilities could work in a balanced state. I just want to hear some suggestions that people may have, however insane they should be. This is not a thread for tearing down peoples ideas. Just a suggestion thread. Should something look good, balance thread shall be made about said suggestion. Thanks guys!

Offmaps:
Be tied to an On map unit or build able structure. Forward observation post sounds cool.

On recharge of varying times depending on the offmap. Doctrines would reduce times either by great amounts or small amounts, depending on what it was

Tommies:
Giving Tommie squad the "Mad Minute" ability. Increased ROF but decreased Accuracy. If it included suppression, Vickers HMG squad could be removed.

US and WM Officers:

Loose auras and receive 2 abilities instead. One offensive and one Defensive. Lower than brits officers as they need 2 officers to get both abilities. US officer could solve the problems with rifleman, but giving them some tasty defensive buffs to make them less squishy. Axis officer finally gets less complicated and abilities would make it more streamlined rather than having 2 different tier 3's that gave various buffs that stacked and now are shit because of said stacking.

CCT tank: Gets the same treatment as the brit officers have been getting, but more along the lines of the 2 abilities thing.

Churchills: We could revert the BP changes/ or keep them. And make churchills give some infantry buffs. After all, they were designed as infantry support tanks.

So people are complaining about g43 suppression and you want to give it to tommies, Im assuming for free in the vein of the recent brit ultra buffs, Not to mention that tommies are unless im gravely mistaken the second most durable base infantry unit in the game.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2015, 10:58:20 pm »

durable yes with their soldier armor, same level as grens.

but their offensive ability with enfields is lackluster.

given the state of lt buffs they are further handicapped.

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
Hobomancer Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2015, 11:06:26 pm »

durable yes with their soldier armor, About the same level as Pgrens.

but their offensive ability with enfields is better than pgrens.

given the state of lt buffs they are further handicapped.

I fixed that for you, No problem.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 11:08:52 pm by Hobomancer » Logged
omgNiko Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2015, 07:33:13 am »

« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 06:34:04 pm by omgNiko » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc