Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:22:47 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 04:28:22 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So. Is the mod dead (until next summer)?  (Read 7913 times)
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2015, 03:09:04 pm »

Or you could just do what anybody else does.

1. Log into the lawnchair, hover around checking it every now and again and go about your day until something crops up.

OR

2. Pop in, see if there's a game, if there aint, pop out and do something else with your day.

Planning for games? Population dippage? No need for the dramatic BS, just roll with it.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
terrapinsrock Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2015, 03:34:56 pm »

I mean, this wasn't a doomsday post, I'm not implying that the mod is dead-dead. I just mean, is it worth my time to PLAN on having games when I get home from work, or has the population 'dipped' to the tiny trickle of players that we see in the off-season(s).

you can always play with me volksy

Bit hard when its flaunted infront of you as a  broken reward piece of ass you'll never get to shag with.
Current Vets:

TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2015, 03:46:28 pm »

Or you could just do what anybody else does.

1. Log into the lawnchair, hover around checking it every now and again and go about your day until something crops up.

OR

2. Pop in, see if there's a game, if there aint, pop out and do something else with your day.

Planning for games? Population dippage? No need for the dramatic BS, just roll with it.
-sigh- Hicks, seriously, clean the sand out of your va--

Don a smile for once, however fake it is. Jesus Christ man. I'm attempting to juggle uni and a full-time job. If the mod is going to be de-populated (versus the annual summer influx of old and new players) then I need to seriously weigh the amount of time I have--which isn't going to be much--with how much of it I waste, frankly, either sitting in the lawnchair or popping in and out. That, and what's the point of me busting my butt coding for a mod nobody plays?

I'd love to see the mod work, otherwise I'd never have come back this year, but I'm trying to be realistic with this one. I just don't have the ability to job, uni (music major, mein gott! It's a time sink), and code, and play, and...you get the idea.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 04:25:38 pm by TheVolskinator » Logged

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2015, 10:33:21 pm »

nice to hear this thing.

I got a question for you tank. What do you mean by desabling doctrines and coding in while they are disabled? Does that means we will not be able get doctrine's units such as rangers, AB, tiger, JP, 88s and lost goes on. Do i get it right it will be pure vanila stuff vs pure vanila stuff game play?
i believe he means doctrine buffs not unlocks so a vanilla tiger without he madd blitz buffs it gets.

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2015, 08:29:00 am »

Me at least (like FEW other players) don't wanna play until there is a fix for the bugs. Also AB is batshit balanced. Unkillable mortar and 20% more range RRs are bullshit.

Tbh, I'm back as soon as there are bugs fixed :p

Masacree Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2015, 03:16:43 pm »

I was around before EiRR, and honestly, it wasn't all that. It was just a more brightly coloured version of gimmicks vs gimmicks that we have now. About the only real unique things that went was constant repairs (Which were pretty broken - like everything else around that time) and the ability to get more and more resources for a company over time (Which was actually kinda ok, but not worth sob stories over).

Doom blobs and repair blobs with the occasional doom fort sprinkled in.

Also fuck old EiR for one reason in particular. Subversion. Fuck that all the way to the bottom layer of hell.

By my reckoning you joined two years too late.

I like how this forum in turn brings out the worst in anyone
To err is human, to eirr is retard
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2015, 03:45:05 pm »

Nope, joined a few months before reinforcements hit. Joined on my Hicks359 profile which signed up late 2008, reinforcements hit Feb-March 2009. Had that account and this one for the extra company space, ended up having to stick with just the one due to anti-smurf rules getting strict as shit for a while years back.

Didn't have my RGD knowledge and game experience back then, but now I do I can see it for what it was.

Your reckoning is incorrect.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2015, 06:20:52 pm »

You weren't even around before EIRR. You don't even understand what it is that died.

And you don't have access to every post in the Dev lobby......... I know exactly what went on prior to 2008 when I joined.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc