Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:03:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Today at 04:28:22 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: giving bofors emplacement more range  (Read 6583 times)
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« on: May 03, 2016, 10:05:25 am »

is anyone against giving it more range, with a jump in the munitions cost?

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Uglysori Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 10:34:38 am »

is anyone against giving it more range, with a jump in the munitions cost?

Man I really need to dive back into Corsix to look at all the stats again when I have time but if you increase the range of the bofors it would get more difficult to attack them with ATGs?
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 11:26:37 am »

More health might be an idea - most emplacements are paper thin and take horrific levels of damage from just about anything.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
ItsDouggernaut Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 12:32:03 pm »

I feel more health for emplacements would be better, range I think is fine but maybe reduce damage from schrecks and increase damage from fire, just a suggestion?
Tachibana Offline
NotADev

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2016, 01:16:31 pm »

So, does the bofors actually NEED the extra range and/or hp to do what its supposed to be doing? Or does smokaz want to start trollolol'ing with the bofors?

It's like saying "i can understand his concerns that fire breathing dragons live in far away lands"
americans dont dodge wars.
Quote from: Trapfabricator
Literally, The only thing less likely than this is zombie hitler becoming prime minister of israel
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2016, 06:27:24 am »

Range increases are greatly frowned upon.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2016, 12:24:03 pm »

In the case of the bofors its actually not.

The bofors has horrible accuracy upclose. its very easily killed by pe infantry that can throw incendiary grenades in its face with taking little damage.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2016, 01:01:43 pm »

I wish it had more HP instead, it needs more resistance to mortars and people using paks to get rid of it. It's job is to lock down areas and its got enough range for that

Also wtf: why is it RSE only? That's bull. 17 pounder is worth an unlock alone
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 01:08:30 pm by EliteGren » Logged

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2016, 06:47:03 pm »

problem:

a solo pak, with no help, can kill bofors

emplacements at least need to win some 1v1 fights, or do better at them, do be justifed right now

Id also like if paks had a modififier vs it, generally axis can just AFK kill a bofors with a single pak

« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 06:49:14 pm by Smokaz » Logged
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2016, 06:48:14 pm »

Tank, the bofors has modifiers that make it ineffective at short range. Its counters are too many. Its already 4 pop.
Its better if the bofors is a quality unit than some spammable bunker that people laugh at way more than bunkers. Bunkers can actually win games. Bofors, im not even sure if it can keep a sector capped?

Also, if we considered the bofors more of a light AA/AT gun, which it kinda is weapon-wise, it having 50 or 60 range is in line with everything else. PE's light at gun has good range. FLak 88 has 100.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 06:52:55 pm by Smokaz » Logged
Uglysori Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2016, 06:53:57 pm »

Range increase would be unwarranted imo.  The bofors has 45 range.  The only things outranging currently are ATGs and SPGs like 50mm HTs, Marders, and Geshutz.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2016, 06:55:12 pm »

Range increase would be unwarranted imo.  The bofors has 45 range.  The only things outranging currently are ATGs and SPGs like 50mm HTs, Marders, and Geshutz.

Those guys can move man. Bofors has too many counters, and british camping/combined arms isnt really that powerful. You cant expect a company centered around a bofors to come help you on the side.

Allowing the emplacement to be moved, would also help a lot.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 06:58:29 pm by Smokaz » Logged
Uglysori Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2016, 07:07:22 pm »

I don't see why a 4 pop emplacement should have 60 range and be able to trade at equal distance with an ATG or SPG (both of which are vulnerable to Bofors fire).  All other LVs, Pumas, ACs, Hotch have to be within Bofors range to even attack it - same with all other Axis tanks unless you shooting over a wall with a STUH.  PIVs can't even kill a Bofors 1v1 without taking some sort of damage.  Moveable Bofors opens up the problem of pack up, drop down, back up to 100% health emplacement - though yes it would be useful if it could move in spite of this issue.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 07:09:40 pm by Uglysori » Logged
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2016, 07:27:27 pm »

I don't see why a 4 pop emplacement should have 60 range and be able to trade at equal distance with an ATG or SPG (both of which are vulnerable to Bofors fire).  All other LVs, Pumas, ACs, Hotch have to be within Bofors range to even attack it - same with all other Axis tanks unless you shooting over a wall with a STUH.  PIVs can't even kill a Bofors 1v1 without taking some sort of damage.  Moveable Bofors opens up the problem of pack up, drop down, back up to 100% health emplacement - though yes it would be useful if it could move in spite of this issue.

the bofors has a 0.1466 chance to penetrate a p4 at point blank range. with a damage roll of 25-35 damage.

I doubt very much your are losing any real amount of hp from a bofors with a p4. Dont forget about the -10% damage with skirts.
It would take 20+penetrating shots at 30 damage to do 600+ damage.

I also believe that emplacement take increased damage from artillery?.(need lothen to confirm)

Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2016, 07:52:00 pm »

I dont see why 8 pop = 100 range, but 4 pop is only 45, but heya bad comparisons. Axis has 88, which is a class unit compared to the bofors. Thats pretty clear from how unpopular the bofors is, how it cant retain vet heya.

I dont know anyone would be opposed to giving the bofors a real buff, instead of just limping out with something half assed.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 08:14:54 pm by Smokaz » Logged
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2016, 07:57:06 pm »

I dont see why 8 pop = 100 range, but 4 pop is only 40, but heya bad comparisons. Axis has 88, which is a class unit compared to the bofors. Thats pretty clear from how unpopular the bofors is, how it cant retain vet heya.

Also, I was talking about buffing it vs paks by giving it more max weapon range. With its current sight range however, does it even maintain ability to return fire witout a spotter?
Im not sure it does. The pak would kill it easily from max range, with a spotter. But when both teams have a spotter, it will be harder for the pak to take down the bofors solo, which SHOULD BE THE CASE for a emplacement which cannot move, or be recrewed most of the time! It has to be able to retaliate against the most common threats.

Right click bofors with pak = forget

make bofors 6 pop, give it same range as pak, this way the short range of it where it will miss infantry will be larger relatively as well!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 08:13:34 pm by Smokaz » Logged
Uglysori Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2016, 08:11:07 pm »

the bofors has a 0.1466 chance to penetrate a p4 at point blank range. with a damage roll of 25-35 damage.

I doubt very much your are losing any real amount of hp from a bofors with a p4. Dont forget about the -10% damage with skirts.
It would take 20+penetrating shots at 30 damage to do 600+ damage.

I also believe that emplacement take increased damage from artillery?.(need lothen to confirm)

The point wasn't that the Bofors has a real chance to destroy a full health PIV - regular or IST.  The point was for an anti-lv emplacement, it's not even a free lunch for an Axis medium tank to kill a bofors emplacement unless the tank is weaving in and out between main gun reload times.  

The pen is actually even worse than that, Aero.  Assuming the PIV sits at 40 range, Bofors should be getting an extra 38% pen debuff at 40 range so the P4 should only be penned at 5.6% chance.  10% damage debuff is kinda nominal on a weapon that is relatively low damage and high rate of fire.  Something like average 3 less damage per pen?  I believe the bofors does bounce damage per deflection but I couldn't tell you how much per shot (would really like to know how much actually just not sure where in the RGDs I could find this) but it does mean that basically 100% accuracy vs tanks, you will be taking chip damage whenever you engage one with a medium tank.
Uglysori Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2016, 08:11:51 pm »

Yikes sorry dbl post.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2016, 08:35:58 pm »

The point wasn't that the Bofors has a real chance to destroy a full health PIV - regular or IST.  The point was for an anti-lv emplacement, it's not even a free lunch for an Axis medium tank to kill a bofors emplacement unless the tank is weaving in and out between main gun reload times.  

The pen is actually even worse than that, Aero.  Assuming the PIV sits at 40 range, Bofors should be getting an extra 38% pen debuff at 40 range so the P4 should only be penned at 5.6% chance.  10% damage debuff is kinda nominal on a weapon that is relatively low damage and high rate of fire.  Something like average 3 less damage per pen?  I believe the bofors does bounce damage per deflection but I couldn't tell you how much per shot (would really like to know how much actually just not sure where in the RGDs I could find this) but it does mean that basically 100% accuracy vs tanks, you will be taking chip damage whenever you engage one with a medium tank.

The Bofors has a deflection mod of 0.05 you will be dealing 1.75 damage deflection if you roll a 35.

tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2016, 08:52:06 pm »

I said range buffs are frowned upon. I didn't say you can't make the Bofors better in other ways.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc