Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:32:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Today at 04:28:22 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SturmPanzer  (Read 5510 times)
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« on: April 25, 2016, 03:05:36 pm »

PE could use this unit tbh. I am not saying it should be like avre but maybe a little bit longer range but lesser splash? Walls of atg, mgs and all this covered by elite infantry makes PE a little bit  hard to deal with since pgrens got nerfed. Yes there are stukas, mortar but they are not that reliable on insta killing stuffs. Stukas most of the time depends on lucky shots since rockets spreading so wide.

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 03:08:54 pm »

No.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
Tachibana Offline
NotADev

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 03:15:50 pm »

Yes there are stukas, mortar but they are not that reliable

Rayze > shab. Maybe shab, u be ask rayze for lessons on how to play. After all, he is writing bible of eir. Can give you some tip, he be jesus, you be john.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/450733824070009943/A64FEA6CD1A939CC12B79036C9F0292EC3A9D1B0/
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/450733824070009321/CE73CBAEB17518D6F6B05127F28273662EEC0641/

It's like saying "i can understand his concerns that fire breathing dragons live in far away lands"
americans dont dodge wars.
Quote from: Trapfabricator
Literally, The only thing less likely than this is zombie hitler becoming prime minister of israel
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 09:00:06 am »

No.

Well marines and chaffes were reward units before you made them basic stuff. Axis aint got no units. Just saying
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2016, 02:02:54 pm »

Well marines and chaffes were reward units before you made them basic stuff. Axis aint got no units. Just saying

It does feel like axis infantry right now is more boring, less powerful, less popular than the many cookie-cutter builds with rangers and commandos.

Kar98 vs rangers and tommies is just not fun. Its a stupid fight vs infantry with better criticals vs your weapons, you dont have chasing power, they have healing to return to, smoke abilities.

There should be some kind of penalty for the player action of getting into the firing range of another infantry squad. The kar98 right now has no role in the game other than being part of a unit you use for recrewing and sacrifcing.

Marines being mainline now, for only 250 mp, dethrones rifles too much. And right now a lot of axis are having to fight rangers and marines with their basic infantry units.

It might be balanced at a later point, but right there's a lot more clicking involved in countering some of the allied inf, then sending the out.

Grenaders with vet 2 or vet 3? Very rare.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 02:59:48 pm by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Uglysori Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2016, 02:42:45 pm »

I wouldn't mind support grenadiers back for PE.  Any infantry unit lower than 5 pop for PE is fantastic and the suppression was useful.
jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2016, 11:57:27 am »

I wouldn't mind support grenadiers back for PE.  Any infantry unit lower than 5 pop for PE is fantastic and the suppression was useful.

+1

Let's talk about PIATs in a car.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2016, 08:11:51 pm »

Marines being mainline now, for only 250 mp, dethrones rifles too much. And right now a lot of axis are having to fight rangers and marines with their basic infantry units.

If the combination of Marines and Rangers is a problem, I doubt Marines is the problem. In fact, before doctrine unlocks were reintroduced most people were QQing that marines were over priced for what they did.

Marines are better than rifles, but they are priced more as well. They also serve different roles. The decision to make them base line was to give US more than one option for baseline infantry. Rifles against Grens was a joke. Marines give you some hope against grens.

I see elite infantry  ( Rangers / AB ) as possibly OP at the moment. I can't think of any upgrades we could possibly give them in doctrines that wouldn't make them retardedly OP.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2016, 08:40:16 pm »

its not a huge deal, the mod is still fun to play now, but i miss all the extra units, want the content active
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2016, 08:45:31 am »

its not a huge deal, the mod is still fun to play now, but i miss all the extra units, want the content active

Indeed. More units available more fun granted. Well at least its fun for players maybe not so fun for balance team lol

Anyway my point about sturmpanzer is related to the fact you guys were talking after removing doctrines. It was a great idea that different companies should have different "face" and that means less minor balance. But atm we got all allies getting marines same goes with gmc. I dont see every PE doctrine get stummels or flame pgrens. Why every brit doctrine get acces to lit charge sprint while wehrmacht get dat shitty and expensive stormtrupper cloack which is only available to blitzkrieg.

So giving some love to PE in form of sturmpanzer is not that bad idea tbh.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 08:50:07 am by Shabtajus » Logged
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2016, 09:32:14 am »

Rather than buffing Riflemen, which might upset the old Volk-Rifle range balance (Volks win at long, Rifles at short), it was decided to add Marines (as Tommy clones) in order to give the US more durable infantry.

The current Marines have 70 HP/man and infantry armor (Rifles are 55 inf, Grens are 80 inf, Tommies are 65 w. Soldier armor (0.75 rec. dmg. from most small arms), and use copies of the Lee-Enfield, just with a different skin. They're no longer 5-man Grens.

The GMC was added to allow the US to deal with crew weapons, which were pretty much pummeling the US to death before the unlocks were enabled.

These were considered gaping holes in the US' capabilities, so they were filled.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 09:38:20 am by TheVolskinator » Logged

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2016, 10:54:29 am »

Well now PE has gap to be filled with something. Let's sturmpanzer. Great way to get rid of blobs or support weapon spam.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2016, 01:27:47 pm »

What needs to be done is a serious look at Unlock unit balance.

Doctrines were disabled to allow for base unit balance. Now we have brought back unlocks, so we need to balance them properly. Stats need to be looked at and the units need to be balanced correctly - I do not feel they are correctly balanced for the current game design. I don't think they have taken in effect all the other changes we have made.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2016, 04:16:09 pm »

Rather than buffing Riflemen, which might upset the old Volk-Rifle range balance (Volks win at long, Rifles at short), it was decided to add Marines (as Tommy clones) in order to give the US more durable infantry.

The current Marines have 70 HP/man and infantry armor (Rifles are 55 inf, Grens are 80 inf, Tommies are 65 w. Soldier armor (0.75 rec. dmg. from most small arms), and use copies of the Lee-Enfield, just with a different skin. They're no longer 5-man Grens.

The GMC was added to allow the US to deal with crew weapons, which were pretty much pummeling the US to death before the unlocks were enabled.

These were considered gaping holes in the US' capabilities, so they were filled.

Hmmmm, given the stats that you are telling me now, I think rifles should be more differentiated from marines still. I thought they were still 5 man grens. Does that even put them above a six man rifle squad in dps? Id prefer them to be 5 man grens, but the 5th man should put them at 280 mp then given those stats. 280 manpower

5 man lmg/nade grens are powerful, but its a infantry upgrade, not deciding the match.

Marines now sounds shoehorned into infantry doctrine american officer builds because of nerfed state of rifle. 4x  enfields contribute almost nothing to long range dps totally when they have a LMG, right?

I wish there was some way of differentiating them enough, that its not the same decision anymore, to either go all marines + recrew, or all rifles (for whatever reasoning)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc