Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:58:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 22, 2024, 01:44:39 am]

[March 10, 2024, 03:58:45 pm]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steam!  (Read 14157 times)
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« on: June 13, 2020, 03:51:10 pm »

Europe in Ruins on Steam

It has been a long, long road, and an equally long time in coming. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter though, because we've made it. We are here. Since 2007, it's been the dream of the Europe in Ruins development team in all of its iterations to obtain a release on Steam, and here, now, we finally have it.

Hours and hours of ceaseless toil that I thought would never generate any sort of success have finally borne fruit, thanks to the input and exertions of PrinceofScotland, Aeroblade, Lothen, Unkn0wn, Mystalin, AlphaTIG, Speedy, and others. Without your help, we wouldn't be standing where we are now.

Call me a sap if you will--I am one, and I know it--but I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes as I write this. I must shamefully admit that Europe in Ruins has consumed the greater part of my life and free time since high school. To see EiR succeed, finally, fills me with the greatest possible satisfaction. Maybe it's the tears, maybe I'm naive, or maybe--just maybe--there's something to it, but I see great things ahead for EiR, out there in the very nebulous future. Whatever that future holds, I hope EiR is a part of it in some small part. I am proud beyond measure to be a part of a small mod for an old, niche game in an old, niche genre, a game that's held my attention since I was just a child. To release something as massive in scale as EiR is feels...good. Feels "right".

Let it be known: we are here and we are proud. I am proud of this mod and its technical achievements. Proud of each and every one of you that's contributed to this mod in the past, and hopeful that that pride will be vindicated by the future that lay ahead, however long or short the journey may be.

From the very bottom of my heart, and with the greatest possible sincerity: thank you, all of you; for your patience, for your cooperation, and for your enthusiasm for this mod, even if it didn't always show. For putting up with delays, bugs, bias, and my temper; for all of it: thank you.

So get the replacements up front, keep your eyes on the horizon while you move, ready the Panzerfaust, don’t lead them so God damn much, and crush zhem beneath your armored treads--Europe in Ruins is now official. Welcome to Steam, gentlemen (and TIG).

Audiomachine - Prevail
« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 12:59:19 am by Illegal_Carrot » Logged

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2020, 10:18:47 am »

Well said,
Well done,
Well deserved.

Thank you for your perseverance Volks.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2020, 11:08:57 am »

i think few others should be mentioned too like tank130 who supported and paid for this mod, Che who was OG lead dev, GroundFireMKI and brn4meplz who ran this mod for a while, LeoPhone who did so much coding, Grokhalli and skaffa, guys who made so many good maps we still enjoy playing to this day, killer344 and smokaz the best moderators who kept this mod clean of trolls, Scotzmen and hans with art works. What about Phil?

But yeah it's a great great achievement to get EIR:R on Steam and current developers did a magnificent job for sure. Wp!

P.S. setup Patreon for this thing tbh

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
Illegal_Carrot Offline
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2020, 11:56:20 am »

Thanks, Shab!

P.S. setup Patreon for this thing tbh
Already working on it:

https://www.patreon.com/preview/32a6657d5e7142839dba4a784e1c3787

Rifle87654: Give me reward points.
Brn4meplz: I'm drunk.
Heartmann Offline
Officer of Kindness

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2020, 06:12:08 am »

Hey again guys Wink

Wow cant belive what you achived with this! You are truly amazing Wink

Hope you have an awsome summer and ill try and ease my self in and not get to curb stomped like last time xD

In the basement getting drunk.
It's not really creepy until I show up.............

- I've heard of being an animal in bed but...

- The phallic principle of the Navy Wink
wildsolus Offline
Donator

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2020, 08:00:08 pm »

Congrats on the steam release!!

Kolath Offline
Commander, 2nd Infantry Division

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2020, 09:26:43 pm »

Congratulations!!! I'm so happy that this mod is still going strong!

I was even able to get a few games in over the weekend.

Kolath's Quote Commandments:
1. Thou shalt not quote the entirety of a post 3 or less posts above you
2. Thou shalt not quote more than 2 nested levels
3. Thou shalt not quote large blocks of text when one sentence would do
4. Thou shalt not quote images!
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2020, 10:24:28 pm »

the fuck is this... I accidentally saw it on steam and was like... damn... did tank bought steam to get EIR there?

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Illegal_Carrot Offline
Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2020, 07:30:50 pm »

The Steam release was actually thanks to the Power Of Friendship.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc