Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 03:24:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Diablo 3!?  (Read 37700 times)
RikiRude5 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #120 on: July 03, 2008, 01:40:50 pm »

My friend who was really good at math and numbers loved diablo 2 and looked at all the spells and abilities and stuff like that and added synergies and crap to make the best possible characters for everything. He had a lvl 60 necro that i saw first hand destroy a lvl 80ish sorc, barb, and assassin all at once, it was amazing.

Personally Diablo is all about PvE, if I wanted to fight people I'd play a fighting game. If you want to pvp, go to a server or whatever meant for it, don't bother me and my friends who are just trying to have some fun with your pvp crap.

"Let me open with a magic trick, I'll make this pencil disappear!" - The Joker

*if anyone knows the exact quote please tell me =)
Thtb Offline
The German Guy
EIR Veteran

« Reply #121 on: July 03, 2008, 01:45:04 pm »

Aren't you cool.
Indeed I am. See if your lvl 20 necro and join a open battle.net pvp server with lvl 99 cheat charas with 999999999 hp and attack that cant leave the village cause they cant attack the wall from inside the city, you are cool.

Novox Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #122 on: July 03, 2008, 04:48:01 pm »

I don't get it, looking too cartoonish? I mean DIII just looks like an updated version of DII. The scenery and creatures don't look much different then the ones in DII. In fact they are even fighting the same creatures from mount arriet (or however you spell it) those berzerker guys.

just thought i should add to this

There were 2 peitions created. 1 against blizzards artistic views, and 1 for.

Currently. Petition against Diablo III art is at 27 000 signatures
              Petition for Diablo III art is at 1 000

http://www.petitiononline.com/d3art/petition.html

Quoted from the petition :
"Environment suggestions:

What we ask Blizzard is to find a way of pleasing the fans of the Diablo universe by giving us a true sequel to Diablo 2 that is graphically coherent with the Diablo universe it belongs to. "
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 04:50:38 pm by Novox » Logged

too bad images are disallowed Sad
RikiRude5 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #123 on: July 03, 2008, 04:58:54 pm »

Ah thanks for the post novox, this helps me understand what they are asking for. And I have to agree, a darker look would be way better then what they have now.
Novox Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #124 on: July 03, 2008, 05:02:28 pm »

Ah thanks for the post novox, this helps me understand what they are asking for. And I have to agree, a darker look would be way better then what they have now.

yup, basicly the lighting needs to be fixed up.
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #125 on: July 04, 2008, 11:46:50 am »

Who says it isn't like that in the actual game.

If it was that dark in the announcement videos, you wouldn't see much.
GammaCommander Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #126 on: July 04, 2008, 12:12:30 pm »

Who says it isn't like that in the actual game.

If it was that dark in the announcement videos, you wouldn't see much.

Well, Blizzard has a thing with making all their new games cartoonish. It's bad enough with what they did to SC2, but quite frankly, I just want a dark and realistic Diablo 3.

AirborneCommander - Blank
DeltaCommander - Blank
ThetaCommander - Axis Defensive
GammaCommander - Allied Armor

http://snarkersville.myminicity.com/tra

http://snarkersville.myminicity.comhttp://snarkersville.myminicity.com/ind
CombatMuffin Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #127 on: July 04, 2008, 12:15:09 pm »

The lighting by the way, has nothing to do.

The problem with the "warcraft" feel to the game is because of the use of colors. Blizzard is ussing very saturated colors, which makes it seem cartoony.

Personally? I don't mean to sound like an a-hole, but 27 000 signatures are NOT going to persuade an art director or producer to change all of their spent money and time.  Especially when even 50k people is a fraction of the buyers.

Even then, with the cartoony look and all, those 27k people WILL buy/try out Diablo 3, and thats a win-win for blizzard. Cartoon looks or not. Instead, let Blizzard roll the ball the way they know how to, they are some of the best at what they do.
Novox Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #128 on: July 04, 2008, 01:58:33 pm »

yup i agree but IT CAN be fixed with lighting, thats where your wrong. Have you created a map on CoH? atmosphere can change everything, something that looks no where near realistic, or even close to good, an atmosphere can change. A darker atmosphere will cancel out the high saturation to an extent.

If i can use photoshop terms, if you sharpen the armor, use darker lighting on an image, it can remove the whole high saturation. You can change a bland image to something dark, and attractive. It isn't too much different from 3D objects, but more complicated since you got to find the out right perfect atmosphere which is difficult and takes time, since something the atmosphere might enhance somewhere, it can ruin something else.
Thtb Offline
The German Guy
EIR Veteran

« Reply #129 on: July 04, 2008, 02:00:09 pm »

Did we just arrive at the opposite of "need more bloom" yelling?
CombatMuffin Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #130 on: July 04, 2008, 04:46:39 pm »

Well, here's the thing: You can't have a high saturation if your lighting is low key.

The thing is, map making is a completely different business here, because you can have a dark level with cartoonish designs. Even the proportions of the characters have a cartoonish designs. Its not something that will change by reducing the tone of the lighting alone.

Also, CoH is VERY desaturated everywhere, because thats how most WW2 media is depicted as.

Want a good example? Now this is not "realistic," its a little stylized, but you can see how bloom and bright lighting alone does not form the atmosphere for Diablo. Check it out:Taken from cgtalk.com, made by Kingoby.

It is bloomed, it is in plain daylight, but the saturation is VERY low. However the design is very meticulous, very detailed here and there, causing a lot of contrast in the image.

Blizzard tends to choose very bright colors, even in grim situations. Take the scourge, even when they use rotten stuff, they assign them purple, blue and other cold colors, all saturated.

I'd personally prefer a more realistic take on Diablo, but hey... its Blizzard's trademark.
UnLimiTeD Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #131 on: July 05, 2008, 06:44:20 am »

Can't agree with the first and second picture, I like their style.
But the 3rd, with the ice-something, is absolutely awesome.
Im indifferent on the rest, guess I'm confident with the style they use, like the zombies, I just like them the way they are, I've seen enough zombies looking the way they do normally.
Still, the ground in the 5th pic is great aswell, just as the character.
Maybe a small mod could change that all.
Decrease all colors by just 5-10% and increase overall brightness, then add modified, darker ground textures for stone floors.

Hmm, too bad with the 3d-enviroment blizzard can't pull off something like the arcane sanctum.

Hey, it's not going to happen
GoOutside Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #132 on: July 06, 2008, 10:42:17 am »

yes!! thank you blizzard i will again waste the majority of a decade playing a diablo game!!1 i can't wait for it to come out OH WHAT A GLORIOUS TIME SC2 AND DIABLO 3!!! who woulda thunk it?!
CombatMuffin Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #133 on: July 06, 2008, 01:02:05 pm »

They are actually doing some major hiring for diablo 3, they are prolly ways ahead of shipping it Cheesy

Fun fact: I never played diablo. Was too busy with SC
Novox Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #134 on: July 09, 2008, 01:25:46 pm »

They are actually doing some major hiring for diablo 3, they are prolly ways ahead of shipping it Cheesy

Fun fact: I never played diablo. Was too busy with SC

Shocked Download Diablo I. its a must Smiley
Thtb Offline
The German Guy
EIR Veteran

« Reply #135 on: July 09, 2008, 01:41:40 pm »

Dunno its ... old.
CombatMuffin Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #136 on: July 09, 2008, 01:47:29 pm »

/slap

Homeworld is old too, SC is old too. But dont you dare talk rubbish about them old classics Cry

jeepspam Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #137 on: July 13, 2008, 10:18:44 pm »

idk, but i think there is going to be alot of question wether warhammer online, diablo3 or wow lk is better
DigitalArsenal Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #138 on: July 13, 2008, 11:27:53 pm »

All different games. All different tastes.

Aggamemnon Offline
Donator

« Reply #139 on: July 14, 2008, 12:26:16 am »

First time you enter the church and descend into the dark corridors of Diablo I is fucking golden.
First time you encounter the Butcher and he absolutely mauls you, great Cheesy

"Success on D-Day, depended entirely on these men"
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc