Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 05:29:04 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crysis!!!!  (Read 17317 times)
stumpster Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2008, 03:49:55 pm »

I don't know about that man, it's the 44th most sold PC game (approx.) tied with Tiberian Sun, Duke Nukem 3D, and Star Wars Galaxies.

Step out of the way. He'll keep going until he hits a wall, that being Akranadas. Let him go unmolested, his journey will take less time.
KillerTLS Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2008, 04:43:10 pm »

Lots of people bought it just to test it and then they posted everywhere thatīs a fucking crap because it needs more optimization, thatīs why itīs the 44th most sold.
Rahx Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2008, 05:28:03 pm »

Crysis is just a game to check if your pc can run it @ highz settingzz with your noobie videocardzz lolz

why is everyone except me retarded?
stumpster Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2008, 06:05:57 pm »

Lots of people bought it just to test it and then they posted everywhere thatīs a fucking crap because it needs more optimization, thatīs why itīs the 44th most sold.

While I agree with the 'it's crap' thing completely, it doesn't really matter if you like the game or not after they got your money.
Skunker Offline
Koenigstiger Panzerfuehrer
EIR Veteran

« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2008, 02:18:07 pm »

While I agree with the 'it's crap' thing completely, it doesn't really matter if you like the game or not after they got your money.

The sad thing is it doesn't have to be crap, crytek just didn't really get how to make good, solid, fun multiplayer games. You either get stuck with a piss poor knock off of bf2 + css gameplay or you get unreal tournament with nanosuits. It's just no fun.  The engine has all the potential in the world to offer fun gameplay (i think realistic gameplay would be more fun personally, but it doesnt have to be) and it failed.

Tharulerme Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2008, 02:56:31 pm »

Well, it's true that multiplayer in Crysis is not very great, but at least more than most shooters were it's just plain fragging. Here it's fragging with a power struggle Cheesy

In the end, you still HAVE to love Crysis for it's singleplayer, I often see people who are like "Crysis singleplayer is the worst I've ever played!" but those people NEVER even came through level one on easy.

In my opinion, Crysis is an in-the-face for all console gamers. Only reason why it didn't sold THAT well yet is because most people hesitate to buy it because they are scared that their PC's can't handle it... well my old comp could handle it on lowest graphics, my newer one on max, and it was great on both.

The first time my companies get on the top20 board and it's like this:
16 8th Infantry Eagle Company 740
17 8th Infantry Ghost Company 724
http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/7431/8thinfantrytye1lh7.jpg
Rahx Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2008, 03:14:49 pm »

In the end, you still HAVE to love Crysis for it's singleplayer, I often see people who are like "Crysis singleplayer is the worst I've ever played!" but those people NEVER even came through level one on easy.
Hey dude, I've played the game... completed it and the story sucked. ('ve played it on highest difficulty level) and oh man, those helicopters keep aiming on you... even cloacking yourself doesnt help! fuck the game.

MAN! CRYSIS IS PHAIL!!! ITS A FACT. CLOSE THE THREAD. THANK YOUZZZ.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 04:43:42 pm by Rahx » Logged
ThtbTLS Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2008, 05:32:09 pm »

Your fail

Killer345 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2008, 09:38:19 pm »

Lolz... just cloak behind something to avoid helicopters  Tongue
Tharulerme Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2008, 04:03:38 am »

There are plenty of missile launcher's lying around, besides, if just ONE type of enemy is too strong for you then you shouldn't drop the game. A game is supposed to be challenging not something that everyone can just walk right through without shooting once.
On easy you take it down with 2-3 missile shots, just save your game if you see the heli and then shoot it with your missile launcher. If you miss a few times, just load your game. But what killer said, you can cloak behind things, and most of the time it will not notice you but just fly around.

But how can you hate the story? If you don't like an Alien story, I could understand that, but it's better than the CoD4 story, which is shoot the evil guys and get through all masses of respawnable guys. While in Crysis it's kill the Aliens and rescue some people while you try to get through an army of Koreans. Stories like that in CoD4 have been done COUNTLESS of times, at least Crysis has a unique story (well, robot-like Aliens that were right under the earth is not unique either, but the part about the Koreans finding it - definately unique :p).

Still, Crysis is not a fail. It's way better than far cry, and not because it has better graphics. Hell, if it was only playable in DX7 I'd still think it's better.
Most people just drop the game because they can't play it on the max settings, well what do you expect, you buy one of the newest games that tells you that you need some really good hardware for the highest graphics, so why blame THE GAME that it doesn't run well. The game doesn't force you to play on the highest settings. If your PC can't handle the graphics, tough luck for you, Crysis can be run on lower settings so play on that instead. People who call Crysis a fail for the graphics are really dumb, it's obvious that it's their PC who is the fail since it obviously couldn't run it. Or if people don't want to buy a PC above € 300, have fun with a cheap console that will never even GET the graphics since they already fail to handle it.
Rahx Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2008, 04:36:58 am »

Hmm, fanboy
Mysthalin_Axis Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2008, 04:46:19 am »

Crysis is the spawn of Halo.
Really...
I'm not kidding.
And it is fail.
ThtbTLS Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2008, 05:31:43 am »

Halo kidys hate it, since its not as easy as helo.

Also lol - Crysis sucks cause i cant shot down that enemy-

Alright Wink
Skunker Offline
Koenigstiger Panzerfuehrer
EIR Veteran

« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2008, 09:30:55 am »

Crysis does not suck, it's singleplayer is very fun, and the graphics, if your computer doesn't blow serious cock, are amazing. If you're going to post in a thread just to say that a game sucks, you probably shouldn't waste the keys on your keyboard. We're discussing the game, not whether it sucks or not.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 09:35:20 am by Skunker » Logged
Days of War Offline
Official Axis Propoganda Minister
EIR Veteran

« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2008, 09:48:17 am »

Crysis does not suck, it's singleplayer is very fun, and the graphics, if your computer doesn't blow serious cock, are amazing. If you're going to post in a thread just to say that a game sucks, you probably shouldn't waste the keys on your keyboard. We're discussing the game, not whether it sucks or not.

QFT

Rhax's posts make me wish I was omnipotent on these forums too. Such immaturity.

M4 Sherman Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2008, 10:08:40 am »

Crysis looks like a great game have't played it yet but it looks amazing, it has a unique storyline. And who doesn't want to go kill a bunch of aliens and north koreans.  Wink

Through clever and constant application of propaganda, people can be made to see paradise as hell, and also the other way round, to consider the most wretched sort of life as paradise.
Adolf Hitler
GrimsboTLS Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2008, 06:39:25 am »

I heard there is a zombie mod coming out for it soon. Might be worth checking out.
ThtbTLS Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2008, 06:15:19 am »

This video proofs that all crysis haters are retards:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=VaHS-y_mapQ

Periode.
Rahx Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2008, 10:08:14 am »

Man, why would you like to buy the game to do such things in the sandbox, oh man, you're the retard here
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #59 on: August 20, 2008, 10:11:33 am »

Man, why would you like to buy the game to do such things in the sandbox, oh man, you're the retard here
agreed, get Garry's mod for at least some... well... constructivity in waht you're doing.
You'll pay a lot less, gain a lot more.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc