Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 08:57:06 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BotB Mod > EIR  (Read 17667 times)
DasNoob Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: August 21, 2008, 01:50:22 pm »

Well, after playing the Battle of the Bulge mod, I have come to the conclusion that currently:

BotB > EIR

New units, better design, custom maps that are historic and numerous...  This is a must download!

the only area where EIR is better is the persistence.  You add that to BotB and you = win.

Below my new unit the Sturmtiger...

Quote from: fldash on Today at 06:22:34 PM
DISASTER AVERTED... IM A MOTHER FUCKING GENIUS!

You have DasNoob who uses the mod as COHTV
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 02:15:15 pm »

New units are generally just the same units with a diff skin or diff stats unfortunately.
That being said, BoTB is a great mod but was lacking in the original versions, I have yet to play the new version but to be honest it's hard to compare either way. It's only normal that BoTB seems better at first, it's a total conversion and adds so much more where as EIR is just vCOH with a twist and persistency. Once the BotB novelty wears off you'll probably go back to playing EIR Wink.

I think both are great mods regardless, EIR having persistence and BoTb being an actual mod with an actual dev team.
Tym
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 02:29:29 pm »

they have a new version out n00b?
Clock3 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 02:31:52 pm »

what makes EiR better is gameplay. I don't give a fuck of new units and doctrines if gameplay has nothing new
Tym
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 02:32:25 pm »

380mm mortar wtf!!!
DasNoob Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2008, 02:56:21 pm »

The gameplay has been changed due to the fact that almost every unit is different.  I would encourage you to go download it Unkn0wn and give it a shot. 

Yes you still capture points... but the overall feeling and flow is incredibly different.

It is really too bad that FLdash could not figure out how to code what they have in BotB.  There are things that they have done in there that dash said were not possiable...  Mobile howitzer being manpaked by their crew is one example.  I love the opal blitz mobile repair crew that is granted in one doctrine...

Really, they do a superb job of integrating a lot of OF features into the original 2 factions.  It's almost like getting a glimps of what 2.0 could have been ;( 
Tym
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2008, 03:07:34 pm »

Yeah. it's nice
Warbirds Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2008, 03:08:03 pm »

Is there a definitive community for BotB?
fldash Offline
Founder

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2008, 03:10:28 pm »

Not to troll, but I never said what you quoted was impossible.  I chose not to do many of the ideas presented forth by the community simply because the novelty of the idea vs the actual gameplay enhancement and coding time did not seem to be worth it in my mind.  That's not to discredit the BotB team.  They are awesome and had asked about merging mods, but I didn't feel the gameplay they had was anywhere close to what EIR or even vCOH offers.  Of course, this was back when the mod was new.

The gameplay has been changed due to the fact that almost every unit is different.  I would encourage you to go download it Unkn0wn and give it a shot. 

Yes you still capture points... but the overall feeling and flow is incredibly different.

It is really too bad that FLdash could not figure out how to code what they have in BotB.  There are things that they have done in there that dash said were not possiable...  Mobile howitzer being manpaked by their crew is one example.  I love the opal blitz mobile repair crew that is granted in one doctrine...

Really, they do a superb job of integrating a lot of OF features into the original 2 factions.  It's almost like getting a glimps of what 2.0 could have been ;( 
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 03:12:58 pm by fldash » Logged
Warbirds Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2008, 03:13:03 pm »

I seem to have spotted an fldash!  :O
Ch@os Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2008, 03:27:41 pm »

im glad to see he still trolls the forums haha
Apex Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2008, 03:29:31 pm »

EiR is better.

BotB is fun for a short amount of time, but it has none of the long time motivation EiR has. As well, it has a lot of bad design choices, like doctrine abilites that give entire army groups of units. Also, there are a lot of balance problems. But my main point of criticism is the general aim of this game to make gameplay realistic, which is only done half-hearted, and somehow does not fit into CoH anyway. And finally, it has no community that loves the mod and cares about it.

Sadly, BotB is the mod that has progress at least. Eastern Front Mod will pawn both of ya'll though.  Cheesy
UnLimiTeD Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2008, 03:30:43 pm »

Omg!

Hmm, I would enjoy a merge of BotB and EiR,  well, actually, EiR is the perfect gameplay base to merge all total conversations.
Play on a map of europe, with a dozen factions on hundreds of maps.... *dream*  
BotB has some really cool units, and it's fun using them ( the missing animations suck), but:

Once the BotB novelty wears off you'll probably go back to playing EIR .

The novelty lasted like 4 games......

Seriously, I think it's always ok to discuss Mods in their greatness, but those two aren't compareable.

I never play games with basebuilding against humans, dunno why, in LANs i've proven I'm brilliant at it, but I HATE it, somehow.

Thats why I missed out on EiR last summer(07)....

Favourite unit:   Sturmtiger, to get rid of your allies blobs for just 150 Munitions.
Without blowing a brigde!

Hey, it's not going to happen
Bodybag2224-Armor Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2008, 03:36:35 pm »

QUICK! EVERYONE MAKE A THREAD ABOUT X MOD>EIR AND FL WILL POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I played their first release with no actual models just 8 Shermans with different names and different abilities.

But you can not compare the two because they are different. It is like saying that Project Reality is better then Forgotten Hope 2. One is a realistic "present tense" mod and the other is a WWII mod which is more arcady.

However now that they actually have new models in I may download the latest release just to see what all the shermans look like. 105 sherman=pwnage.

Profiles: BoDyBaG2224
M26ArmedCav
ThinTag by TripleTags.com" border="0
http://bodybag2224.myminicity.com/
Thtb Offline
The German Guy
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2008, 03:39:59 pm »

Just that

BotB boring after 5 games, you saw evrything, might as well play vCoH (at least there is someone online there)

Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2008, 03:46:16 pm »

The new version is a major step forward though, most people are still posting from their experience with the older versions.
And omg it's fldash! Still EIR > Any mod for long-term playability.In BoTB unfortunately you won't get many multiplayer games and that's a pretty big problem as skirmish just sucks.
UnLimiTeD Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2008, 03:46:56 pm »

after about that 5 games i began using corsix to buil dnew unit creations myself..

btw, the shermans are one of the few things that didn't change, it's a new texture at best.... Smiley

unknown qft
fldash Offline
Founder

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2008, 03:48:51 pm »

lol Bodybag, this wasn't about which mod is better, thats completely subjective to the player, I'm sure many people think the other COH mods are better than EIR.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2008, 03:50:07 pm »

What other COH mods? Shocked
AFAIK BoTB one is the only 'other' COH mod that doesn't fail :p.

Fortress Europe has great potential too I guess.
chefarzt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2008, 03:51:08 pm »

Perhaps u could "grab" some maps and put them into Eir some of them are quite nice

This community is full of a bunch of mindless idiots with memories like two year olds.

https://www.etsy.com/de/shop/ShitGlitter?ref=l2-shop-header-avatar
I'm not sure what you're so defensive about Tank.
 he makes shab look like a princess giving food to the poor.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc