Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:39:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[April 25, 2024, 04:28:22 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Development Update for the Community  (Read 20553 times)
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2008, 11:22:18 am »

Drama is bound to take place once both are fully released and what not if you force 2 competing mods to share the same room owned and run by someone in charge of one of the two mods. (despite best intentions, this is human nature) This is the only way you can guarantee peaceful co-existence.

Wraith547 Offline
15th Panzer Division
EIR Veteran

« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2008, 11:40:59 am »

To be blunt, all the vets already have log-ons to the OMG server and will likely continue to use it based on which mod they are playing.

Lets face it, most of us will more than likely be playing both EiR and OMG. The only people this really affects will be the new people that show up upon the release of new content whom will likely end up sticking with one or the other.
Essanpea Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #42 on: December 26, 2008, 12:34:32 pm »

The subtext to the split is simply one of us vs. them that doesn't have to be there, given OMG and EIR actually are fairly different, despite the same original concept they both grew from. Drama won't have to occur as the simple fact is people hang around and talk about "Wanna play some Blitzkrieg? Or EIR?" It's just another game, guys. We toss it around and have fun with whatever we feel like.

It WILL split a community, though, which is built around both mods given OMG grew from EIR. There is some drama in that back story too, more on EIR's side rather then OMG's. But the point that EIRRMod doesn't see a joint community is a bad sign in general for the future of the mod, I think.
Krieger Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #43 on: December 26, 2008, 12:37:54 pm »

Woops, that was me, one of my alt names.
Dr.Nick Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #44 on: December 26, 2008, 01:28:35 pm »

Considering that all the battle channels we have in the vent are for EiR anyways except for when we play OMG I think it already shows that we have always been willing to come together and show unity and give fair consideration to all sides.

Spammable Award

The 'Spammable Award' goes to the member who has well... spammed the most out of 1 unit throughout the war and who actions have been talked about doing such thing.

And the winner is......Dr. Nick with his close to 50 Airborne
Draygon Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2008, 01:38:36 pm »

Considering that all the battle channels we have in the vent are for EiR anyways except for when we play OMG I think it already shows that we have always been willing to come together and show unity and give fair consideration to all sides.

Not only that but the blitz mod is being played on the server as well.

There is no point to split into two groups, when its been said in this thread tha tmost vet players will just stay on the current Vent server regardless of if there is another one put up or not.  So then we'll still have EiR and OMG games going on the current server with another server serving what purpose?

Again, we can make it work on one server, easy.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #46 on: December 26, 2008, 01:39:14 pm »

Except OMG is not yet released...

I'll likely play both and I see no issue with hopping servers if need be, it's probably for the best judging by the amount of drama bullshit this community has already had to deal with.
Draygon Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #47 on: December 26, 2008, 01:58:49 pm »

The "drama bullshit" needs to stop, 1 Vent is the best bet for the community.

OMG will be released shortly
Krieger Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #48 on: December 26, 2008, 01:59:50 pm »

Except OMG is not yet released...

I'll likely play both and I see no issue with hopping servers if need be, it's probably for the best judging by the amount of drama bullshit this community has already had to deal with.

What drama bullshit? On a daily basis, there is none. And OMG testing is pretty extensive now, along with Blitzkrieg and Sins and all the other mods that are played.

Hopping servers just is another layer of stuff that many people don't want to deal with. I sure as heck know I don't.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #49 on: December 26, 2008, 02:00:24 pm »

This was a decision not taken lightly, nor was it made to 'split' a community.

If you see it that way, Im pretty sure you have already made a call as to what you would do in that regard anyway.

This is purely about Europe in Ruins, which afaik, is *not* a joint venture with Operation Market Garden.

This is a move to prevent conflict in the future, and if you are too lazy to switch vents, or have two up - then stay where you are.

E

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Draygon Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #50 on: December 26, 2008, 02:12:45 pm »

Hopping servers just is another layer of stuff that many people don't want to deal with. I sure as heck know I don't.
DasNoob Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #51 on: December 26, 2008, 02:18:31 pm »

This is purely about Europe in Ruins, which afaik, is *not* a joint venture with Operation Market Garden.

This has been stated time and time again by folks on the OMG team.  Honestly after seeing their "devs" post such trash in this forum I'm done with them.  I will be deleting my account over there asap.

Good luck to you guys.  I'll miss gaming with some of you truly.

Split it, and forget about it.  Both mods will continue on their path of separation... but i'm beginning to see that the first mod needs the second a whole lot less than the second needing the first.  Especially with all of the ranting Draygon etc.

Quote from: fldash on Today at 06:22:34 PM
DISASTER AVERTED... IM A MOTHER FUCKING GENIUS!

You have DasNoob who uses the mod as COHTV
bigbadboy Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #52 on: December 26, 2008, 02:25:48 pm »

wait which mod is das done with then
Thtb Offline
The German Guy
EIR Veteran

« Reply #53 on: December 26, 2008, 02:27:24 pm »

Hey if EiRRmod / fldash want to throw out money for a extra unneeded vent - they can go ahead.

DasNoob Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #54 on: December 26, 2008, 02:35:42 pm »

wait which mod is das done with then

OMG mod m8. 

I'll be really missing:

CommanderNewbie
Theta
Chaos
Stuart
Apex
Pengu
AmPm
Skunker
Anthony
(I'm sure I've forgoten some old school EIR friends, If I liked gaming/B.S.ing with you on vent then you know who you are.)

And since Draygon says "the vet players won't be switching vents"  I guess i'm out of luck :X

@Thtb, I hope you get an IP ban here because for the last 1.5 years i've read your troll/spam posting and i'm done with that too.
GamerAndy Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #55 on: December 26, 2008, 02:40:15 pm »

Hey everyone,

Just thought Id give you a heads up on some development decisions, and a quick note on our Development progress.

Firstly, the current vent server will be replaced with one solely for EuropeInRuins very soon, and would like to thank GamerAndy for the use of his vent server since the time that the EIR one went bust.
The new server details will be posted when the changeover happens (within the next few days or so)

Secondly, we are well on the way with the next version of EIR, dubbed 'Europe In Ruins: Reinforcements'.  We are fine tuning the units, and are due for a open-beta very soon.

Hope you all had a wonderful christmas, and that you all got bloated!

Regards
EIRRMod

EIRRMod,
Thanks for the notice, sorry for the delay in my response I've been dealing with this whole Christmas thing Smiley    

Anyhow, we understand your decision and while we might not agree with it, as a Development team we can certainly see why you'd choose to go this way -  I just want to make it clear that the OMG Ventrilo server will remain open to EIR players and EIR games, as well as the variety of other games the community plays on the server.    In the coming months we'll be expanding the server out to a 150-250 man server depending on a number of factors so we're pretty comfortable hosting as many as would like to be here.

Any way it goes, good luck with your coming launch - Maybe i'll give it a try when you release!

-Andy (For the OMG Development team)

For you, Rocksitter!
http://urltea.com/38uh
Draygon Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #56 on: December 26, 2008, 02:42:47 pm »

Didnt say they wouldnt, what I said is there will be no reason to, because both mods will be ok to play on our server.

And as far as the "trash" your talking about, akaik the only trash thats been put on these forums has been from me and directed DIRECTLY at Akranadas which I take full responsibility for, so if your going to hold that against the mod because of me, then thats your problem...but you that is pretty unfair to the rest of the OMG Dev team.

Posting this myself, not for the Dev team, had to make that clear.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #57 on: December 26, 2008, 02:49:38 pm »

Cheers Andy,

That means a lot =)

As I said to you personally (before I posted this thread) - I will be posting *both* vents details in the Ventrilo section, so that people will know how/where to find it.

E
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #58 on: December 26, 2008, 03:40:54 pm »

No drama, right?

Rofl.

j/k

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Nevyen Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #59 on: December 26, 2008, 04:23:33 pm »

I suspect that andy has spoken for you guys, and it looks like there is no issue, to be honest im dissapointed in the way allot of the people who have tied themselves to OMG have acted. 

Not that my opinion counts for much at anyrate, well when I finish up this project i hope to give both a shot.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc