Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:36:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[April 25, 2024, 04:28:22 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Adjust price recoilles rifle  (Read 19479 times)
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2008, 07:44:05 pm »

BAR is pretty cheap now too, if you are having trouble with skirted tanks try an ATG, the AB one gets bonus penetration and has more HP.

UnLimiTeD2 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2008, 07:48:10 pm »

Get Aerial brothers and it's also dirt cheap Wink
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2008, 07:52:35 pm »

vet 3 on allied tanks does nothing either, you dont see us complaining...we get no wtf upgrades on allied tanks. i'd love side skirts on my sherman

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
UnLimiTeD2 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2008, 07:55:18 pm »

vet 3 on axis tanks and M10s is really useful.
Well, on M10s ist's a question of view point.
Marine.Apollo Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2008, 11:41:11 pm »

Really I'm in favour of leaving RR's where they are and just reverting the tanks and LMG's back. Vet 3 for tanks doesn't even do anything anymore. LMG's used to be more expensive than schreks, suddenly they are now 30 munitions less? Doesn't make much sense.

your point? when you can just send in human waves of RRs there is a problem and LMG are an effective counter to that problem. stop whining because your air born don't WTFPWN every single unit. if you run into an LMG idk USE A GRENAID, they cant fire while there moving problem solved. i like my LMGs they work and they don't WTFPWN airborne anyway so stop whining.

o ya what dose vet 3 for axis tanks do, dam airborne kill mine just as they reach vet 2.

wrong account. this is Lt Apollo
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 03:44:17 am by Marine.Apollo » Logged
puddin4 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2008, 01:20:23 am »

RRS PWN HAVY ARMOR AT RANGE.  With Raid assult or Airboprne elite.....  yea its deadly... absolutly deadly.  And group ab together agaisnt lmg squads un upgraded and vetted, and lmgs lose... its sad really....
Speigass Offline
banzai
EIR Veteran

« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2008, 03:30:56 am »

They are more or less fine as it is now. Even if we need to decrease price of RRs, don't go below 200 mun. No unit is safe from airborn blob.

suckisucki1 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2008, 03:34:43 am »

if you compare weapons/units you really need to compare all of their stats

RR don't barely misses at long range and panzerschreck misses very often
it doesn't matter if it's the accuracy modifier or scatter angle. It is the scatter angle btw and the "accuracy" nerf of schreck last CoH patch was a fix of scatter angle (no change of accuracy modifier)

the next point is that you need some time to setup the schreck and while this time squad have to not move

combined with long range accuracy it is very easy to bait schreck squads or keep them dancing around

an other point when you compare weapons is the shooting frequency
a schreck has a doubled cooldown compared with a recoiless

the penetration of recoiless to frontal armor are insane
with the fact that they barely misses they are really deadly

and then i think you get two recoiless

but even more worse then recoiless are tankreapers

two frontal armor shots a panzerIV one shot and a stug has 33% health

it's like oneshotting a m10 with a pak38 or two shotting a sherman with a pak38 (frontal)
75% more penetration AND 75% more damage AND 75% more Health to all AT guns without any upgrade is just bullshit
Wildfire
« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2008, 03:50:43 am »

but thats why TR is a T4. Its not even the most powerful T4 out there. Also, at guns are still easy to kill, if you push ur tanks in w/o inf sup port, ur fau lt
Speigass Offline
banzai
EIR Veteran

« Reply #49 on: December 31, 2008, 04:01:11 am »

I agree TR prey only on uncautious. You can't chase tank with ATG, but you can with RRs esspecialy with airborn moving penalties/bonuses.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #50 on: December 31, 2008, 04:11:31 am »

Tank reapers is only a 70 percent buff to health and damage, not including penetration. It's also not an Airborne doctrine ability, so whatever.

And yes, it actually does matter with scatter angle. You see, when the shot is calculated as a miss, and still shows the hit animation due to lol scatter angle... it calculates AoE damage. And we all know that a weapons damaging capabilities fade over range. That is why if you attack grounded a friendly tank, you'd get the same result - it would be lesser damage.

Also, the RR should be priced to how powerfull it is, not how powerfull it is when affected by a broken T4 called Raid Assault. That would be the same as making infantry ATGs cost 250 munitions just because they MIGHT get tank reapers. Which not all infantry players do. Don't forget infantry players get a lot more riflemen, so therefore a lot more stickies, therefore they can support their ATGs even more - up the price of the ATG even more!

RRs do not pawn heavy armor at range. If you blob RRs, more often than not only one RR out of 4 will fire at max range - the other physical RRs will be out of range, while simple airborne will be up front and failing. Just move your tank back when fighting RRs, and you'll see you'll quite out-range them.

Just saying "get ATGs instead of RRs" is faulty. No weapon should be made redundant just because there's another one of the same purpose around.

Ending, I would like to reply to someone who said that RRs cost a lot less than shreks. Wrong - 2 Shrecks cost as much as a bundle of 2 RRs.
2 Shreks are much more poweful than 2 RRs, even though with less accuracy, and could come on a total of 8 soldiers, if you prefered it.

suckisucki1 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #51 on: December 31, 2008, 04:14:12 am »

I agree TR prey only on uncautious. You can't chase tank with ATG, but you can with RRs esspecialy with airborn moving penalties/bonuses.

you can move up (because of long range) with your at gun get a shot of PIV is at half health and until it is out range at gun can get a second shot off PIV=dead

you just have to make sure not using max range of at gun for first shot

it's like a panzerIV being a quad or a m8 two shots kill it...always penetrate

"kill tankreaper at guns with infantry" yeah only a noob will left an AT gun alone

there will be allways a bunch of bar rifles or hmgs protecting it or just vet3 rangers with thomsons

it is a T4 right but german tanks become useless

it is like having even a better flak88 moveable for the price of a AT gun with the pop of an AT gun
QuickDick Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #52 on: December 31, 2008, 04:27:22 am »

Tank reapers is only a 70 percent buff to health and damage, not including penetration. It's also not an Airborne doctrine ability, so whatever

And yes, it actually does matter with scatter angle. You see, when the shot is calculated as a miss, and still shows the hit animation due to lol scatter angle... it calculates AoE damage. And we all know that a weapons damaging capabilities fade over range. That is why if you attack grounded a friendly tank, you'd get the same result - it would be lesser damage.

that is not true it was a "bug" fixed on shrecks but not recoiless
try to shoot ground beside an enemy tank (not your tank) and see if it does as much damage as the always hitting recoiless

if you compare airbornes with recoilless to shreck grens you have to compare the health of the unit carrying this at..you have to compare the recieved supression rate (fireup) the costs (grens are cheaper) and how much men a squad has how vulnerable to snipers
you have to compare the dropping rate of this weapons and how they works in enemy hands (shrecks become just insane when allie units grab them because they didn't fixed the scatter thing their and because of insane allies vet)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 04:33:10 am by QuickDick » Logged
MysthalinTLS Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #53 on: December 31, 2008, 05:20:59 am »

I see you have never seen vet 2 KCH practically imune to HMG42 suppresion Wink.
QuickDick Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #54 on: December 31, 2008, 06:42:56 am »

it is not vet2 it is vet3 that gives them the huge anti supression buff
unfortunately i've no vet3 knights cross now so i cant tell you how much in numbers
Solo Wing Pixy Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #55 on: December 31, 2008, 07:09:29 am »

you can move up (because of long range) with your at gun get a shot of PIV is at half health and until it is out range at gun can get a second shot off PIV=dead

Isn't that an exploit, Fire, move(avoid reload time),fire ect....

I have 6-8 rr but at a huge sacrifice to everything else, they do cost a fair pretty penny and your squads can get pinned down a few times by LMG's, fire up and get away but if you  meet those double lmg grens again and they more or less have you, AB  are nice but and MG  that gets close to them can chew them up fast.

Airborne Division
300th Paratrooper Battalion
Captain SoloWingPixy88
Mysthalin_Terror Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #56 on: December 31, 2008, 07:41:38 am »

it is not vet2 it is vet3 that gives them the huge anti supression buff
unfortunately i've no vet3 knights cross now so i cant tell you how much in numbers
vet 2 gives them 33 percent less recieved suppresion. Since they are allready at "we can only be suppressed by some unrivaled fail micro of our user", with vet 2 they become very hard to suppress. vet 3 makes them unsupressable by anything short of a v1 or strafing run, I believe?
Eternal Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #57 on: December 31, 2008, 07:45:54 am »

Fix the scatter angle (meaning increase it). This would enable ostwinds/stuhs to actually kite ABs, without 50% of the rounds still hitting. This would be a nerf, but one that requires a bit of skill to take advantage of. The scatter angle thingy was fixed on the shcreck, so why not the RR?

The awesome penetration is just wack in my eyes, but fixing the scatter angle would make up for this.

I am extremely biased, and if I could decide, I would fix scatter, nerf penetration and nerf setup time for the RR (and decrease the price) making it a weapon you actually need to flank with, and not just push the magic FU button, and watch tigers turn to dust. With this i agree with whoever said, that the primary problem af the RR is the platform its on, and not the weapon itself. (Give ABs zooks? Make RRs a very expensive rifle upg?)  
suckisucki1 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #58 on: December 31, 2008, 07:49:41 am »

Isn't that an exploit, Fire, move(avoid reload time),fire ect....

that was not what i've meant
u need 2 shots but if u take first shot at max range and the tank is under control it will maybe escape
but if you move closer before getting the first shot of (out of sight of the tank) you will probably get the second killing shot off
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #59 on: December 31, 2008, 08:06:35 am »

EIR has a tradition of staying true to vCOH by not touching any base unit/upgrade stats, doubt that's going to change in the future.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc