Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:50:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Today at 01:55:18 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Poll
Question: 2 stickies for 40 munitions 2 slots?
Yes - 18 (50%)
No - 18 (50%)
Total Voters: 34

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stickies  (Read 18992 times)
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2009, 12:13:10 pm »

there are always inherent weaknesses to both the Sticky and the Faust. Players usually learn how to exploit that weakness to make the use of the item less viable.

we are aware that the issues exist and it will be noted for future balance considerations.

MannfredvonRitter Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2009, 06:59:52 pm »

There's an important thing that's missed with the faust and sticky:

Two instances that effect both weapons:

Target is:
In range when the target is selected and the animation begins:
* The sticky will be thrown in this instance regardless of if it does or does not move out of range after the animation has begun, I'm sure everyone has seen stickies that chase puma's on the road all the way back to their spawn, I know I have.
* The faust will not fire if it moves out of range, often I have seen my man with the faust on his shoulder and not fired due to a tank moving out of range.

Target is:
Out of range when the target is selected/as its selected
In this instance both squads would chase the tank until they got in range.

N.B. Fausts have one use at 50 muni, Stickies have 4 uses at 80 muni.
Sticky bombs do 150 damage, Fausts do 75 with a usual modifier of 2.25. 636 health for a sherman meaning it would take 4 or so fausts or 200muni to kill a sherman, for that price you can just about get a double shrek squad, which will def kill a sherman. Compare that to engine damage and barely less damage, I think you know who the winner is.

As for comparisons between the two, I rarely see Fausts, I ALWAYS see stickies so that has to say something about how useful they are.

Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2009, 07:33:20 pm »

Adding to what Manny says, there are tons of situations where bringing 4 volk squads for 1 faust barrage really isnt optimal. With the current power level of the shrek, the faust doesnt have a real role other than as emergency damage-dealer.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2009, 01:46:18 am »

Adding to what Manny says, there are tons of situations where bringing 4 volk squads for 1 faust barrage really isnt optimal. With the current power level of the shrek, the faust doesnt have a real role other than as emergency damage-dealer.

Agreed.

I'd rather give medkit than faust for volks. Who would want to see 50 mun do slightly damage on a tank? Meh I rather have PzShreck as a dmg dealer than 1 use Hand held AT weapon...

What Manny said, I agree too.

200 mun to kill a Sherman is. Sell 2 mines or medkits for those shrecks they rule.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Krazytym
« Reply #64 on: January 23, 2009, 03:13:25 am »

There's an important thing that's missed with the faust and sticky:

Two instances that effect both weapons:

Target is:
In range when the target is selected and the animation begins:
* The sticky will be thrown in this instance regardless of if it does or does not move out of range after the animation has begun, I'm sure everyone has seen stickies that chase puma's on the road all the way back to their spawn, I know I have.
* The faust will not fire if it moves out of range, often I have seen my man with the faust on his shoulder and not fired due to a tank moving out of range.

Target is:
Out of range when the target is selected/as its selected
In this instance both squads would chase the tank until they got in range.

N.B. Fausts have one use at 50 muni, Stickies have 4 uses at 80 muni.
Sticky bombs do 150 damage, Fausts do 75 with a usual modifier of 2.25. 636 health for a sherman meaning it would take 4 or so fausts or 200muni to kill a sherman, for that price you can just about get a double shrek squad, which will def kill a sherman. Compare that to engine damage and barely less damage, I think you know who the winner is.

As for comparisons between the two, I rarely see Fausts, I ALWAYS see stickies so that has to say something about how useful they are.

the only reason a sticky would "chase" a puma is cuz of its speed, but their acc is 100% so its always going to grab on, ditto bikes and anything with good enough speed. Fausts i've seen hit when things go out of range and the a nimation starts, more so than stickies and im sorry, its more annoying to lose all your stickies cuz of "pumping" than lose one faust. Also, youc an use fausts on other things besides vehicles. Also, you see more stickies than fausts cuz um...well, WE CANT BUY BAZOOKAS! Duh...That is the only man packed at thats viable across all docs, while all axis docs can buy 2 bazookas and if you have 2 grend with 2 zooks each, they can take out a sherman with a full volley (it happens, i've had it happen to me so many times recently) So anywho, to try and compare stickies to fausts is kinda silly cuz most people will go with schecks over fausts. but allies have no choice to put on their rifles but stickies and please dont mention rangers...everone knows bazookas suck. I want to know how many people, if they could buy bazookas for their rifles, if they'd rather use it over stickies/
SaintPauli Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #65 on: January 23, 2009, 03:56:33 am »

Also, youc an use fausts on other things besides vehicles.

You could once but that has been patched.

WE CANT BUY BAZOOKAS! Duh...That is the only man packed at thats viable across all docs, while all axis docs can buy 2 bazookas and if you have 2 grend with 2 zooks each, they can take out a sherman with a full volley (it happens, i've had it happen to me so many times recently) So anywho, to try and compare stickies to fausts is kinda silly cuz most people will go with schecks over fausts. but allies have no choice to put on their rifles but stickies and please dont mention rangers...everone knows bazookas suck. I want to know how many people, if they could buy bazookas for their rifles, if they'd rather use it over stickies/

if you have 2 grend with 2 zooks each, they can take out a sherman with a full volley (it happens, i've had it happen to me so many times recently)
They do 120 dam each. A Sherman has 636HP so it takes 6hits. This is often 7-9 hits due to penetration (and shrecks only have 35% hit at long range). Get your facts straight.

everone knows bazookas suck. I want to know how many people, if they could buy bazookas for their rifles, if they'd rather use it over stickies/

Bazookaz dosen’t suck as much as you say. They penetrate all tanks from the rear and do 150-160% dam on all tanks without (-StuG/StuH). You are right with the limited AT selection though. I would like to see Bazookas purchable on rifles and the stickie moved to the engineers.
Krazytym
« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2009, 04:51:10 am »

Also, youc an use fausts on other things besides vehicles.

You could once but that has been patched.

WE CANT BUY BAZOOKAS! Duh...That is the only man packed at thats viable across all docs, while all axis docs can buy 2 bazookas and if you have 2 grend with 2 zooks each, they can take out a sherman with a full volley (it happens, i've had it happen to me so many times recently) So anywho, to try and compare stickies to fausts is kinda silly cuz most people will go with schecks over fausts. but allies have no choice to put on their rifles but stickies and please dont mention rangers...everone knows bazookas suck. I want to know how many people, if they could buy bazookas for their rifles, if they'd rather use it over stickies/

if you have 2 grend with 2 zooks each, they can take out a sherman with a full volley (it happens, i've had it happen to me so many times recently)
They do 120 dam each. A Sherman has 636HP so it takes 6hits. This is often 7-9 hits due to penetration (and shrecks only have 35% hit at long range). Get your facts straight.

everone knows bazookas suck. I want to know how many people, if they could buy bazookas for their rifles, if they'd rather use it over stickies/

Bazookaz dosen’t suck as much as you say. They penetrate all tanks from the rear and do 150-160% dam on all tanks without (-StuG/StuH). You are right with the limited AT selection though. I would like to see Bazookas purchable on rifles and the stickie moved to the engineers.

first off, look at the wording I used. i said CAN take out a sherman with a full volly of 4 schecks, doesnt mean it always happens. how can u tell me its wrong when i just lost 2 freakin crocs that way last game i played? Uhh...everything penetrates from the rear. and stickies on engineers? thats just retarded dude, engineers get suppressed by the coaxial gun.

and onto bazooka dmg, the dmg multipler only really makes them as strong as schecks if u penetrate. but most people on eir will not allow you to get that rear shot and its not likeyou can sneak rangers around, they're very easy to spot and get mega targeted when someone sees them.
suckisucki Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2009, 05:48:21 am »

first off, look at the wording I used. i said CAN take out a sherman with a full volly of 4 schecks, doesnt mean it always happens. how can u tell me its wrong when i just lost 2 freakin crocs that way last game i played? Uhh...everything penetrates from the rear.

of retarded people that charge tanks into two doubleshrek grens to make them very accurate and to get rear armor hits

so keep in mind squads with shreks != normal axis infantry that can be overrun by any allied tank easily without fear of an engine damage

and onto bazooka dmg, the dmg multipler only really makes them as strong as schecks if u penetrate. but most people on eir will not allow you to get that rear shot and its not likeyou can sneak rangers around, they're very easy to spot and get mega targeted when someone sees them.

bazookas are 80 Munition on a heroic armor 6 men squad with an "supression? haha fireup" ability that can be upgrade with nuklear pineapples and i rape everything smgs

if you look at the unit around bazookas they are not bad
SaintPauli Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2009, 07:02:32 am »

first off, look at the wording I used. i said CAN take out a sherman with a full volly of 4 schecks, doesnt mean it always happens. how can u tell me its wrong when i just lost 2 freakin crocs that way last game i played?
No it CAN NOT!!! 4x120 dam = 500dam. A Sherman has 636HP. It’s simple math Timmy.

Having a different opinion is fine, but people who don’t take the time to check the numbers before they post something, should not participate in balance discussions.
SaintPauli Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #69 on: January 23, 2009, 07:03:18 am »

Sorry if i sound like an asshole Timmy.  Smiley
aloha625 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #70 on: January 24, 2009, 06:15:04 am »

for only 40 mun?!
nah that would be inbalancing^^. u could give nearly every rifle squad a stickie..
its your problem if u cant handle with ur AT
Draken Offline
Chess master
EIR Veteran

« Reply #71 on: January 24, 2009, 06:45:12 am »

for only 40 mun?!
nah that would be inbalancing^^. u could give nearly every rifle squad a stickie..
its your problem if u cant handle with ur AT

Can u read? 2 stickies for 40 munitions not 4. And as I know u are mainly axis player so yours only agrument is that it will be harder to win for u so - meh.

And faust does 2.25x dmg versus sherman FYI.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 06:46:55 am by Draken » Logged
NationalSozialismus Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #72 on: January 24, 2009, 08:31:23 am »

Fausts get 2.25 damage boost, but do only 75 damage stock.

Shreks often kill shermans in one volley of 4. There are damage multipliers and such which increase it, not to mention you often get side armour hits and rear armour hits against them, which increases damage. If you fight a sherman front on it isn't cost effective with shreks.

I think Stickies are fine as they are. They are very powerful AT when used correctly. What other weapon slows and disables vehicles as well as doing decent damage.

I play Axis and Allies equally.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc