Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 24, 2024, 01:18:57 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New SS Elite Skin (EiR Compatable)  (Read 14247 times)
Apex Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2009, 02:13:10 pm »

You are probably right schultz, but it doesnt really matter, its just bullshit to make a skin like this.
Schultz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2009, 02:15:29 pm »

Most definetely.
Mysthalin_Armor Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2009, 02:31:29 pm »

I don't believe making this skin is offensive in any way.
The players not having it don't see it, so can't be insulted by it Wink.
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2009, 02:34:53 pm »

it's all in your perception of reality if you find it offensive or not.

i substitute your reality with mine ,
profit?
win

anthony210 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2009, 02:57:39 pm »

Anthony recent researchs showed that wehrmacht was in fact aware of the death camps and the attrocities commited.
You can't isolate the "German" soldiers from the rest of what was happening arbitrarily just by will :p
Im saying this because i know a lot of people want to imagine the german troops as "heroes" who died for the fatherland, unaware of all the shit that was happening :p

Knowing about it and participating in it are two different things.  Whether forced or not the workers in the death camps participated in the killings of millions.

I never said German soldiers were heroes, I simply said for the most they were just serving their country.  A war was going on and they were called.  The same thing happens here in the US, a lot of people dont believe the war in Iraq was right including a lot of soldiers, but you dont go and blame the soldiers for the war do you?

MannfredvonRitter Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2009, 03:26:05 pm »

You know what the great thing about living in a true democracy is? I'm allowed to download this without fear of my government arresting me, just because I want to. Because when I ban things I dislike, just because I dislike them, I'm no longer a democracy.

These skins are great work and look cool and that's why I will be downloading them. You don't like them? Don't download them, no one is making you, but don't whine at me because I exercise my right to download them.

For those who think the SS were all involved in concentration camps, learn to history, in case you weren't aware the Panzer Lehr division, aka Panzer Elite is an SS division and the stormtroopers in the Wehrmacht faction are also SS. Most SS were soldiers only, people joined to fight communism, but in your propaganda classes you forgot that.

End of the day it doesn't matter, don't like it? Don't download it. But don't try and force your delusions on the rest of us, who do want to download it, maybe we think it's cool, maybe we don't care or maybe we like it, but that's our choice, not yours.

GW Apollo and maybe lengthen the trenchcoats a bit if you can, that would look a lot more epic.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 03:28:50 pm by MannfredvonRitter » Logged

Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2009, 03:30:24 pm »

You know what the great thing about living in a true democracy is? I'm allowed to download this without fear of my government arresting me, just because I want to. Because when I ban things I dislike, just because I dislike them, I'm no longer a democracy.

These skins are great work and look cool and that's why I will be downloading them. You don't like them? Don't download them, no one is making you, but don't whine at me because I exercise my right to download them.

For those who think the SS were all involved in concentration camps, learn to history, in case you weren't aware the Panzer Lehr division, aka Panzer Elite is an SS division and the stormtroopers in the Wehrmacht faction are also SS. Most SS were soldiers only, people joined to fight communism, but in your propaganda classes you forgot that.

End of the day it doesn't matter, don't like it? Don't download it. But don't try and force your delusions on the rest of us, who do want to download it, maybe we think it's cool, maybe we don't care or maybe we like it, but that's our choice, not yours.

GW Apollo and maybe lengthen the trenchcoats a bit if you can, that would look a lot more epic.

Lehr was not SS, it was built up of training units and Cadre etc..

learn your history.

Marine.Apollo Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2009, 03:47:40 pm »

as i said the swastika is not in the release version as of reasons above, this is a test version and should be treated as such. ONCE AGAIN THIS IS NOT THE RELEASE VERSION THIS IS A PERSONAL TEST VERSION, i am fully aware of the criticism and they will be addressed in the release version. if you wish to have this version though you must email me directly and request it AS THIS IS NOT TO BE RELEASED. the final will have no armband but will include whermatch badges and decals. i am not trying to glorify the SS, i personally hate them but i decided to experiment with the new APP file technology and thus it was born, by all means don’t download the finnal version if you are offended.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 03:49:40 pm by Marine.Apollo » Logged
Apex Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2009, 04:43:39 pm »

Your taste sucks boy.
mgallun75 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2009, 04:49:26 pm »

Your taste sucks boy.

lol, i used to be like that.. always playing axis and german stuff and saying i like to display german tanks and things..

then a funny thing happened, went to hawaii and peral harbor, and meet a bunch of ww2 vets, even some from that fateful day.. it really opened my eyes, and well ya, i cant play german anymore, i just get a sick feeling to my stomach.. if somebody wants to do it, fine, thats your choice, but if i want to speak out and say that swazi and the nazis suck my balls, i can too.. as you can display that stuff and play as them.. its all good.
Dragon93 Offline
17th Airborne Division - Thunder From Heaven
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2009, 05:00:43 pm »

Quoted.

You don't like them? Don't download them

And quoted again.

You don't like them? Don't download them

In case you guys didn't realise, the swastika was originally a Hindu symbol of peace, the Nazis twisted and turned it to something else.

Secondly, you try to block out history, and hide it, that's when it happens again.

Marine is damned brave to post the skin on this forum, and you people should look up at him for that.

Displaying symbols such as the Swastika, do not mean you like what they meant, its a historical symbol, that was meant to mean peace, until the Nazis stole it.

Saying this topic has got "de-railed" is an extreme understatement.

EscforrealityTLS Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2009, 05:08:23 pm »

I believe the symbol that the Nazis used was actually a symbol for the Sun, as in some Sun God, not sure though.

Pwanawan baby!
Apex Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2009, 05:09:13 pm »

Going into battle with such armwraps is not really historically accurate.
EscforrealityTLS Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2009, 05:14:23 pm »

True it was more of a Parade Uniform thing was it not? Although from pictures I've seen from Barbarossa, tanks did display large swastikas on there roofs/turrets to assist the air force from identifying friend from foe.
Dragon93 Offline
17th Airborne Division - Thunder From Heaven
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2009, 05:29:41 pm »

Lol, for Jainism (older than Christianity) the Swastika has the same importance as the cross does to Christians or the symbol of Om to Buddhism, etc.
They make the symbol of it at the beginning and the end of their holy ceremonies several times.
Buddhism it means "All" or "Eternity". Although after the Nazi use of the Swastika, they were forced to make theirs be left facing, to remove association.
Half of Europe also seems to have used it, Greco-Roman, Illyrian, Etruscan, Baltic, Celtic, Germanic, and Slavic.
Native Americans...

Interesting No?

Never mind the fact that, historically, it is the flag of a legally elected Government, no matter what they did during or before their election.

I don't agree with what the Nazis did, they killed 6 million people simply for what they believed in. But in the same way, millions where killed with the "invasion" of the Americas...
People are still alive with memories of WW2, that's one reason why the Nazi's are seen as so much worse than anything else.
I mean, Mongols, in their world invasion, killed over 40 million people, I'm sure the kids of those who died back then, and those who knew about what had happened would have hated any symbol or memory of the Mongols.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 06:07:30 pm by Dragon93 » Logged
jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2009, 05:36:34 pm »

Post the Tiger Ace model

Let's talk about PIATs in a car.
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2009, 10:48:54 pm »

Your taste sucks boy.

Don't force your shit on me, don't like it, don't download it, simple. Ok, boy.

I could make a thousand quotes and posts to proove you wrong, about democracy and freedom but I won't. I will agree to disagree and instead of flaming you, congratulate the maker of the skins, which are of a very high quality and I believe are very impressive.
jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2009, 10:50:45 pm »

Post the Tiger Ace model
EIR Veteran

« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2009, 10:52:00 pm »

stumpster Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2009, 10:52:49 pm »

It's the Tiger Ace model/skin from the vCoH campaign.

Step out of the way. He'll keep going until he hits a wall, that being Akranadas. Let him go unmolested, his journey will take less time.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc