Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 07, 2024, 06:38:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Battle Escalation  (Read 14206 times)
31stPzGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2009, 03:57:30 am »

I would be, tried to get one going the last few times and no one was up for it.

The last time I checked in EiR... most people do not know that "flanking" and "section/platoon battle drills" exist Grin
VariantThirteen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2009, 04:33:49 am »

It's funny that the people accused of doing things that are slightly unscrupulous and exploitative never post in threads like this to answer claims against them. It almost seems as though they know what they're doing is wrong, but don't care.
MannfredvonRitter Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2009, 04:44:46 am »

It's funny that the people accused of doing things that are slightly unscrupulous and exploitative never post in threads like this to answer claims against them. It almost seems as though they know what they're doing is wrong, but don't care.

You're probably right. Some people are just assholes plain and simple and they get away with it, until some fat meat head comes out of his car and shanks them with a screwdriver one day for being a jerk in traffic Cheesy.

Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2009, 05:13:07 am »

You're probably right. Some people are just assholes plain and simple and they get away with it, until some fat meat head comes out of his car and shanks them with a screwdriver one day for being a jerk in traffic Cheesy.

I´ve used double shermans starts this war, m8/m10 spamming, callies and pershings, so what?

I´ve suceeded most of time but they aren´t unbeatable, my axis company proves it hahaha, axis can also have t4s you know.....

With ferocity, 2 schrecks, 1 pak and some mines I´ve always beaten tank spamming of any kind.

I´m happy everytime I play against armor players because I´m fully aware of how weak that doctrine can be....

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2009, 05:15:18 am »

my sugggestion isn't only limited to tanks. I think it could be fun to have a total infantry battle no tanks maybe. Anyone up for that?

I would be, tried to get one going the last few times and no one was up for it.

get at me sometime. Maybe we do a 1v1, infantry only.

as for uber s tarts...i've done double callie, mega mine, double m8, croc/tr etc...nothing is unbeatable, sometimes u just gotta be lucky thta they call in the wrong stuff and arne't ready

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
stumpster Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2009, 12:55:16 pm »

Tried a triple Tetrarch start a couple days ago and the damned Glider was destroyed before dumping them out.  Sad

Step out of the way. He'll keep going until he hits a wall, that being Akranadas. Let him go unmolested, his journey will take less time.
fldash Offline
Founder

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2009, 01:08:50 pm »

Tried a triple Tetrarch start a couple days ago and the damned Glider was destroyed before dumping them out.  Sad

lol
Mysthalin_Armor Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2009, 02:56:44 pm »

3 tetrarchs, as cool as it sounds, would fail for a start.
Two/three words - Infantry-based AT.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2009, 03:27:52 pm »

lol hahahaha. that's gotta be at least 1000 mp you just wasted.

i played against these guys who did a KT start each...maaaaan that game sucked, just wasn'st ready for it.
eliw00d Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2009, 03:32:48 pm »

I fucking hate Tetrarchs.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the darkness at Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain. Time to die.
Kolath Offline
Commander, 2nd Infantry Division

« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2009, 03:51:08 pm »

sometimes u just gotta be lucky thta they call in the wrong stuff and arne't ready

Like when I did reinforcements on Arras and Salan started with 6 flamenwerfers.  They burned my rangers before they could exit my halftrack and then they circle strafed my ATG.

Kolath's Quote Commandments:
1. Thou shalt not quote the entirety of a post 3 or less posts above you
2. Thou shalt not quote more than 2 nested levels
3. Thou shalt not quote large blocks of text when one sentence would do
4. Thou shalt not quote images!
Mysthalin_Armor Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2009, 06:34:27 am »

2 KTs would lose to 3 tetrarchs, tbh Wink.
Skaevola Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2009, 08:49:39 am »

Threads like this really piss me off. The most exciting game is one where you get tank rushed and fend it off, or your brilliant tank rush +airborne drop hits at exactly the same time, crushing the enemy. And don't say only allied players do it. Axis players bitch just about at everything. Lightning war is extremely effective for tank rushes, with the extra speed, extra pop, and infantry that can keep up with the armor. Infact I would go so far as to say that Axis is more effective at this

What's next, generic starts/companies so the game is "fair" Stop making arbitrary rules that exist only in your head, and play the game to its fullest.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2009, 09:19:31 am »

that reminds me of something ucross had wanted to implement a year ago... 

God no, it was terrible.

Play vCOH if you want Battle Escalation.
Mysthalin_Armor Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2009, 11:14:08 am »

Yeah, I disagree with the battle escalation as well...
RikiRude4 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2009, 03:07:05 am »

I have to agree with unknown, my favorite part about EiR is that you can open with a KT and flame pios with a mine and repair bunker. You can also open with a recon/strafe/bombing and have a buddy use off map howie. Or opening up with a howie to soften up defenses. Yeah sometimes it sucks getting caught off guard and gimmicks, but I think it balances out, since its a one trick pony, you can be ready the second time.
Tym
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2009, 03:16:14 am »

yeah, i just fendeed off a 4 p4 rush in a game earlier, was truly epic, and hell, they were all vetted, it was insane. You can get that...

and yeah, the axis are a lot better than allies at attacking and hell defending (88's, cloaked paks, better suppression, bunkers, etc) sometimes i wonder how the hell the allies ever win a game.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2009, 10:06:20 am »

.......lol.
gamesguy5 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2009, 07:56:30 pm »

I don't see the problem with one dimensional companies, certain doctrines like armor and airborne is designed to make one dimensional companies.

They're also a lot more fun to play with and play against.   I loved going up against dual raid assault airborne spam with my defensive company, and I love using my volk/tiger spam company.

Combined arms is a pointless term used by players to justify their crappy armies and micro.    What do you call tanks+ infantry?  Combined arms.  You don't need an infantry squad, a mortar, a MG, an AT gun, an arty piece, a tank, all together before its combined arms.    Thats called support spam.

A bunch of infantry supported by some AT and a tank is simplistic and effective, even dual sherman starts need infantry support.   No one has ever won by using only tanks.
31stPzGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2009, 09:34:10 pm »

Alot of people argue that the beauty of EiR is that it allows all sorts of starting.

Then they start calling you a griever when you beat them with something that is "unrealistic", "unbalanced", "unfair", "exploiting" etc.

Well since this is such a bad idea, do shelve your displeasure when someone "grieves" you with an "imba" start then.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc