Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 10:35:28 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Allied mortar should be free.  (Read 6120 times)
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« on: February 23, 2009, 01:01:53 am »

Seriously, these things SUCK. Time and time again I see wher mortar and mortar HT tear my units 3 new a-holes, having shots destroy rifle squads with shots that aren't direct hits, damaging my light vehicles, and over all putting on 3 times as much hurt as my allied mortar, even though I'm microing and moving and scouting with my mortar. My MG in a building can get hit and lose a man nearly every hit, but if I am hitting an axis MG it seems to just take some health away.

On top of this axis have nebel and stuka which tear up light vehicles (HTs stuarts and m8s get about 20% damage with each hit). So right now US is feeling the wraith of arty that axis once feared with allied T4 arty, but it's from normal units. Which I do admit I find ironically funny (I play all factions btw, no fanboy here) .

Anyways, why are allied mortars such fail? Allied player should be able to field 3 mortars for every 2 the axis field for things to be balanced imo. And don't tell me I use it wrong because I have quite consistently gotten vet 2 on my axis mortars repeatedly throughout EiR, but very rarely do I get vet 1 allied mortars, and even more rare do I get vet 2.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
GenSturm Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 01:07:41 am »

Allies should not engage in Mortar wars then. Axis defenitly win at stalemates/defense, but if they are sleepy enough you can easily brake their defenses with a single blow as they bet too much on support weapons.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 01:36:03 am »

the problem in axis mortar vs allied mortar is that when an allied mortar is firing at its max range, the spread is farther than the axis since it has longer range, therefore, the axis mortar will hit more often than the allied. I"ve won many fights where i snuck my allied mortar up close enough to the axis one to bombar it well within  my max range and took it out.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
MannfredvonRitter Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 02:08:30 am »

Wonder if the health of each differs greatly? I thought the axis one used to cost more than the allied one, has this changed?

Also remember, a direct hit of the allied one does more damage due to the more expensive nature of axis forces and iirc the allied mortars outrange the Mortar HT, so be more specific and say the Wehrmacht mortar.

Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2009, 02:51:25 am »

it does cost more, allied mortar is i think 460 50 and axis 495 70.

actually, it doesn't matter, an axis mortar does more dmg. If ur thinking of only infantry, this is silly cuz most mortar's will be used on buildings and support weapons, not infantry unless they're stationary or blobing.

the allied mortar only out ranges the pe mortar ht by 5 but the mortar ht out damages it by 16 which is nearly double. (36 to 20) (wehr 85/36 by comparison).
Bubz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2009, 05:17:07 am »

Finally someone who makes a post about this, allied mortar isn't bad at all, it's a good gun, great for support and such, its smoke it's fucking useful, and it's rather accurate. The problem is the fucking german mortar which is INSANE, seriously, you can't counter it with your mortar, the counters are : wasting abs in a big blob, charging blindly (things a good player would avoid) or arty. While not everyone has arty and I find ridiculous that you have to get artillery which cost much more to counter a cheap 495 70 mortar. The biggest problem about this gun is that it kills very fast and very accurate (due to long range). In all the games I had I lost at least half a squad of airbornes/rifles in a shot. Last game I had a 5 men full healt RR's squad been hit and gone to 2 men with 10 hps each... That unit is the easiest in the game, and a skilled player can micro it very well, resulting in a frustrating joke where you can't charge because it always ends in a trap, you can't counter mortar, you can snipe it, but if the player is smart he will provide grenadiers/kchs to cover it, or another sniper. Arty is the only choice but as I said not everybody has it. I think it should be really increased in munition price and such because 1 mortar is enough to kill all your initial call in or push you back to spawn if you don't have arty.
Dragon2008 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2009, 09:53:01 am »

Well don't be stupid n try charging the mortar then. use a tank instead. Takes out them in like 1-2 hits.

The allies r really starting to piss me off with the constant topics about every unit on axis side been OP or stupid. The fact is that in real life the Axis had the best weapons/units/vehicles compaired to the allies. All allies ad was constant spam of Tanks/Men/Air support. Which I can see in the game is exactlly how it was in real life (with the ally inf/tank blob that I see in every game).
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 10:02:06 am by Dragon2008 » Logged

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1100T @ 3.3ghz
RAM: 4GB
Motherboard: ASUS M5A99X (EVO)
Graphics Card: ATI HD 6970 2GB
Hard Drive: 1TB
Khorney Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2009, 11:36:27 am »

except there is normally invisible, uncounterable-until-revealed PAK's sitting nearby any sensible players mortars. as was mentioned you can normally only break through wehr defenses if the axis player is asleep
Bubz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2009, 11:49:42 am »

Khorney pretty much got the point. Personally teh only thing I think it's op is the german mortar (Also sniping at guns is a cheap way to win), while the others may require just price adjustments. I am seriously tired of losing whole airborne squads and rifle squads because of one single shot of mortar. I am not saying mortars are op or such, they have their role but it should be so that you can wisely avoid them pushing backwards, but how can you counter something that when strikes basically kills all your squad, it's basically game over before you can leave a house with a hmg, game over before you can move the at gun, and game over before you can pull your rifles backwards. Even if allied mortar had such a kill potential I wouldn't be happy because it would be ridiculous how a single shot could kill an insane amount of men.
LordMalgoroth Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2009, 03:25:36 pm »

You'd think the Allies had never heard of snipers.

Use the US mortar like the Wehr uses its sniper against its US counterpart. Keep it a mini secret until you see where their mortar is located, then move in and counter barrage it.

I keep hearing so many whines about why the allies CAN'T do something. It's like they theory-craft these scenarios specifically designed to nullify any advantages their units have, then say "SEE! It's impossible!"

I get tired saying this..
EVERY UNIT HAS A FUCKING COUNTER IF YOU TAKE THE TIME TO FIGURE ONE OUT. THIS ISN'T AN "EASY SOLUTIONS TO TRIVIAL PROBLEMS" GAME. IT'S A "STRATEGY" GAME.

Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2009, 03:30:06 pm »

Axis units should be free.

NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2009, 03:45:10 pm »

Axis units should be free.

All allies units should be free...especially riflemen and shermans.

Axis Mortar is slower than Allies one. It is a Anti infantry and support weapon artillery piece. Why you guys complain? It is 81mm heavy mortar not a light 60mm American one. Of course it has larger range due to its different caliber.
It fires heavier shells (however in CoH I think it is quite around same like allies one in stats right?)

If it is used correctly it will push you back. But hey so will Allies mortar if Axis have no counter to it. Why whine? It is expensive and usually one counter barrage of a 105 or something alike will most likely kill the crew and then destroy the mortar itself. Thus I stopped using mortars in VEiR D:
Learn to defeat that mortar. It kills you if you sit still and camp but that is what artillery does.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2009, 03:48:57 pm »

allied mortar might not be as good as the axis ones, but they are essential!

I have two vet 2 allied mortars for a reason!

RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2009, 10:19:05 pm »

Well if allies have no right to complain about this, then axis have no right to complain about the US super sniper as it gains vet, give him back his vet 3 running while cloaked ability as well. the axis mortar is as superior and more useful to the allied mortar as the allied sniper is to the wher sniper. Also why should allies have to field a tank to take down an axis mortar that is just ridiculous! Also any intelligent axis or allied player will have a jeep or a bike near their mortar making sniping it. Also making it difficult to sneak up and counter mortar an axis mortar. Also you can't really disagree that the allied mortar seems to be even more useless with the PE and their mortar HT, it's twice as hard to counter an axis mortar then an allied one, and I'd like someone to prove me wrong with a replay or story.

US
Sniper - 540 MP, 200 Mun, 7 pop
Mortar - 460 MP, 50 Mun, 4 pop

Wher
Sniper - 500 MP, 200 Mun, 7 pop
Mortar - 495 MP, 70 Mun, 4 pop
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2009, 10:26:59 pm »

i think all units should be free and you get a set number of units that you can field Cheesy
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2009, 10:36:43 pm »

You forget that allies have more common and more powerful long range artillery, long range artillery on the axis side is rarer and often more expensive, bang for buck.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2009, 10:44:08 pm »

damage wise, yeah allied artillery does more but it's all done in bursts, but axis artillery, other than the hummel, has lower recharge rates, which means it can do the same, if not more damage while the allied artillery is getting ready to fire again. Personally...i love picking up nebels, they're some of my favorite if not my favorite artillery in the game. They do so much damage when used right and can cause so much havoc Cheesy

i've seen guys with stuka's take down tanks, whole houses, and just do an insane amount of damage. I've yet to see a Hummel in action but from what people tell me, it's more accurate and that's gotta be insane...
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2009, 10:47:26 pm »

damage wise, yeah allied artillery does more but it's all done in bursts, but axis artillery, other than the hummel, has lower recharge rates, which means it can do the same, if not more damage while the allied artillery is getting ready to fire again. Personally...i love picking up nebels, they're some of my favorite if not my favorite artillery in the game. They do so much damage when used right and can cause so much havoc Cheesy

i've seen guys with stuka's take down tanks, whole houses, and just do an insane amount of damage. I've yet to see a Hummel in action but from what people tell me, it's more accurate and that's gotta be insane...

True but it makes axis artillery more suitable to attacking rank and file, allied artillery more suited to counter battery and countering support weapons. Doesn't it? Least that's how I've always felt.

Weirdly enough something people don't pay attention to, is the Walking Stukka is vastly superior at killing tanks, compared to killing infantry. It's building/tank/lightvehicle damage is huge. If you fire it close range on tanks it slaughters them.
MistenTH Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2009, 10:48:59 pm »

You forget that allies have more common and more powerful long range artillery, long range artillery on the axis side is rarer and often more expensive, bang for buck.

Allied artillery atm isn't as strong as the old EiR, mainly due to not having any doctrine abilities that buff their attack capabilities [dual rocket racks, artillery fortification].

RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2009, 11:02:51 pm »

Hummel is pretty beastly in EiRR, each shot does about the same damage as pak shots to armor.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc