Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 06:01:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Axis panzerschreck  (Read 14670 times)
EscforrealityTLS Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2009, 03:36:58 pm »

Haha holly shit would that be OP  Cheesy
Does Panzerfaust get the ambush bonus?

Pwanawan baby!
DuckOfDoom Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2009, 03:42:44 pm »

I think shrek is the best weapon in the game atm, for its cost. My problem with shreks isnt the anti-vehicle accuracy however, its the fact that its lethal vs infantry. I actually stopped playing as US because I got sick of seeing half a of a rifle squad getting gibed by double shreks while they are in yellow cover as well. If anything needs to be looked at, its the shreks anti-infantry accuracy, which is ridiculously out of line with other hand held at weapons.
panzerjager1943 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2009, 04:08:59 pm »

Haha holly shit would that be OP  
Does Panzerfaust get the ambush bonus?
No, because firing the Faust will force the man firing, out of camouflage.

Also, I tuned Ambush before-hand (way before release infact), so that it will not be OP with Schrecks.
You've been playing with my "haxxed" Ambush and haven't even noticed it. Now, try and find out what the modifiers have been changed to
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2009, 04:28:07 pm »

Is that why it seems so lackluster with normal weapons? Takes forever to down even a rifle squad with K98 FJ. Then again who uses them in ambush in the current EIR:R? They can't cap in it and it uncaps if you hide.

DasNoob Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2009, 04:29:36 pm »

Agreed ambush is almost completely useless in EIRR

Quote from: fldash on Today at 06:22:34 PM
DISASTER AVERTED... IM A MOTHER FUCKING GENIUS!

You have DasNoob who uses the mod as COHTV
panzerjager1943 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2009, 04:37:01 pm »

I actually buffed it significantly, but reduced the damage and the number of shots you can fire in Cloak.
It's incredibly useless in retail. In retail, all it does is give you 4 shots, which give the PE kar the DPS of a Grenadier kar98k. So you pay 420mp to get the effectiveness of a Grenadier squad, but only for 4 shots.

They're vastly superior now (kar98ks in ambush) despite what you believe, but Panzerschrecks will NOT fire 4 times before uncloaking (that was going to be the key issue and the whole reason I changed it.)
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2009, 04:42:00 pm »

Honestly I've always found schreks surprisingly good at AT in EiR, but still nowhere near as good as a PaK gun. I have three schreks in my company, they serve me well, but there is no way on earth I'd rely on a schrek vending machine squad as my primary anti-tank measure.

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2009, 04:44:23 pm »

WHy don;t you tell us the changed numbers because in vCoH and the balance play test what happens is the FSJ lapse back into ambush mode between shots. The the entire squad is popping in and out of the ambush modifiers. It mkaes fighting an FSJ squad take longer and they deal good damage. If your having a firefight against FSJ and they are not in cover then your enemy is an idiot. I'd like to know what the modifiers are for it hough and have you changed the activation time any? cause like i said you fall back into ambush mode. so when an FSJ gets a schrek they will fire a shot but break the ambush mode to ready the shot, however each consecutive shot while the target is still in LoS and range will use the ambush modifier because the unit remained stationary for the ready aim time and windup

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2009, 04:48:49 pm »

Might just be because I expect too much of them =)

I remember when FJ ambush used to rape in retail...
panzerjager1943 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2009, 04:52:20 pm »

Retail:
Accuracy 1.25
Damage 1.25

Current: (If I recall correctly)
Accuracy 2
Damage 1.1
Penetration 1.5
The time it takes to re-enter has been increased, and the number of shots it takes to exit reduced.
The 2x accuracy really helps the Kar98ks the most, the damage and penetration are in benefit everything but mostly of the Schreck, but it will not fire 4 shots before you can figure out where the Team literally is.
The team will exit cloak after 1 or 2 shots, which will reveal their position; even if they get time to re-enter camouflage, atleast you know exactly where they are. This was a measure done so that the FSJ Schreck squad is not a ghetto-ninja Pak.
I'm just glad nobody really noticed my change. It means the change hasn't caused balance issues; it wasn't an overnerf or overbuff.

By the way, in a previous version of the Beta, they changed it to:
Accuracy 3
Damage 2
Shots to exit: 3

This was totally overpowered. They reverted it. As you can see, this is not the change I implemented; mine is similar but nowhere near as extreme.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 04:55:45 pm by panzerjager1943 » Logged
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2009, 04:55:21 pm »

I appear to have stumbled into an off topic discussion while posting something relevant to the OP.

Lol.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2009, 04:59:39 pm »

Yea, probably because we all use FG42's and the changes don't help them in anyway since we come out of cloak so fast and never fall back into it.

Might be cause for a reduction in FG42 price...
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2009, 05:14:02 pm »

When i played Luft doctrine for a while i only gave FG42's to 1 squad, i still prefer the rifle for killing the FG42 just stops people from getting close. Yes the beta change was way overpowered, I agree there, but while you've raised the accuracy by double you've cut the bonus to damage by 15%. I understand both accuracy and damage contribute to DPS but is leaving the damage at 25% a bad thing? And i guess there is no way to assign seperate modifiers for certain weapons?
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2009, 05:20:06 pm »

brn: True about the FG42 if you are on foot. When you ride up in an IHT its a nasty little weapon to keep them off you. Also makes the enemy die pretty fast.
panzerjager1943 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2009, 05:53:36 pm »

And i guess there is no way to assign seperate modifiers for certain weapons?
No, I put quite a number of hours into trying to get this to work. There still might be a way, but it won't be 'simple.'
gamesguy1 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2009, 08:07:52 pm »

Accuracy vs AT guns needs to be adjusted to beta values.  Its ridiculous that my primary way of killing 57mms with my wehr company is to one volley it with shreks at long range, or to pak snipe it.

Since when did AT weapons turn into the best counter for AT guns?  You should be forced to use anti-infantry weapons like mortars, snipers, plain old infantry with guns, etc.
panzerjager1943 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2009, 08:28:59 pm »

Since when did AT weapons turn into the best counter for AT guns?

The Marder would also like to know. Also, AT gun accuracy vs. other AT guns has been reduced; Pak sniping is less effective.
Igawa Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2009, 08:38:02 pm »

AT is best vs AT because of the range. Regular inf are usually bad vs AT guns because usually it's either covered by a MG, or within range of a SMG/BAR/LMG/MP44 blob of doom.
acker Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2009, 08:41:03 pm »

The Marder isn't an AT gun. It isn't exactly vulnerable to AI weapons the same way a 57mm or even a Pak is, and it's sure as hell more mobile. The Marder is probably more akin to a Tank Destroyer (like a Firefly) than an AT gun. Though, to be sure, the PE really don't have anything like the 17pdr, 57mm, or Pak 50...let's just say it belongs in its own category.

I'm not sure how much AT gun vs AT gun accuracy was reduced, but it should be reduced even more. If possible, the same should be applied to the other crew-served weapons, for all factions.

And Panzerschrek vs. AT gun isn't the best because of range. It's true that they are distressingly accurate. However, what sets it apart from the other methods is that it destroys the actual gun.
gamesguy1 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2009, 08:47:57 pm »

AT is best vs AT because of the range. Regular inf are usually bad vs AT guns because usually it's either covered by a MG, or within range of a SMG/BAR/LMG/MP44 blob of doom.

Panzershreks only have 35 range last I checked, and my dual shreks squads have little ability to defend itself against infantry.

Other than tanks and artillery, one of which AT guns are designed to counter, and the other of which can be dodged and usually does not destroy the gun, AT guns/infantry AT destroys the gun outright, thats why its so much more effective than the intended counters to AT guns, ie mortars, snipers, and infantry.

The Marder would also like to know. Also, AT gun accuracy vs. other AT guns has been reduced; Pak sniping is less effective.

Marder isn't an AT gun.  Its more of a tank destroyer.  Its not vulnerable to the regular AT gun counters like mortars, snipers, anti-infantry weapons, and its helluva lot more mobile than an AT gun.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 08:49:51 pm by gamesguy1 » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc