Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 19, 2024, 05:52:18 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 02:40:48 pm]

[October 14, 2024, 02:38:41 pm]

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The brit buff list  (Read 20649 times)
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2009, 02:18:23 pm »

Yeah, the FF needs more health lolz.

and for the lolz, A crocodile churchill that kills tanks hahah

all sherman variants have 636 health...  cromwell and even CC have 636

FF - 550?Huh

Guns:
88Kwk36, 75L70, 90mm of pershing are all rated at 137.5
mardar for some reason is 150

17pdr is 125

?? 17pdr was better than all of them, why rated below?

JESUS CHRIST its beacause of its epic range which is the best advantage to other tanks!

nice croc and FF killer, who were ur mates?

ah and another point:
i think its much too easy to vet up LTs, captains and of course CCTs...

i think all brit players can confirm this that its so easy to vet up a CCT with flank speed...he can easily crush infantry with it and escape.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 02:21:12 pm by aloha622 » Logged

gamesguy1 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2009, 09:08:25 pm »

LTs and captains are also extremely easy to kill, easy to vet, easy to kill.  Vetting beyond vet 2 is just a PP sink though, no real point to it atm.

CCT does not vet by crushing infantry.  You might want to actually play Brits before commenting on balance.

Oh comon killer I had that hetzer in the game with you with like 25 infantry kills and 5 tank kills, doesn't mean its typical of a hetzer, its a lot like your example.

ok let bigdick do this, i actually dont have enough time atm and no PC...

Its called sarcasm.  The balance team(thankfully) do not listen to you and bigdick, at all.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2009, 08:27:16 am »

Oh comon killer I had that hetzer in the game with you with like 25 infantry kills and 5 tank kills, doesn't mean its typical of a hetzer, its a lot like your example.

Yeah... against a brit player who uses only 17 pounders as AT without brens to support it -.- lol.. and you were extremely lucky that my m10s always targeted your teammates hetzers...  Tongue (and it was in another game  Lips sealed)

nice croc and FF killer, who were ur mates?

One of them was Smkokaz I think... or Keeps but I have no clue who were the other 2 :p.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2009, 09:49:27 am »

One of them was Smkokaz I think... or Keeps but I have no clue who were the other 2 :p.
yeah thats what i expected

gg
Wolster1 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #64 on: March 20, 2009, 11:49:41 am »

Really think this topic deserves some sort of priority my Brit account is currently showing -10 losses in a row, when i join games now as Brits im almost praying a Yank player turns up to help, & at least 1 of the opposition is a PzE. Ofc i dont stack & yes im only an average player, but im getting tired of being shit on from a great height by MASSIVELY overpowered multipul (usually stacked) Wheremacht teams, really putting me off playing atm in this mod.

Soon im sure itll be back to the good old days of all playing Axis & no allies about.

My issues r no decent Heavy AT counters, ( yes i got a FF + CCT) & guess what everytime i feild this supposedly godlike combination the first Panther/Tiger Ace it comes up against rushes the damn FF, which backs up into the CCT, fucks about for 2 min de-merging themselves & both get blown away, & no i carnt field a sufficent AT screen to stop this that easily 17PP already in that combo, my poor Bren inf r being suppressed all over & Tets getting brushed aside by Heavy Tanks np + the odd schreck of doom shot.

Wont even start to mention what happens if i begin to push (lol joke), usually 2 Paks & a bunkered MMG r sufficent to crush the momentum out of such folly.

Just when i carnt handle anymore the good old sniper starts to pick off my men, to which i have zero response available, as i dare not chase the git down ill just run into suppression zones & paks.

Obviously at the time of writing this i just lost game 11 in a row, & got my only Vet unit (a measily Vet 1 Command Tank) vet hunted off map by a couple of Vet 2 Pz4s.

Seriously deflated Brit player....

I realise im not the best player but still sumthing is wrong at core level with the Brit vs Where matchup, & i prolly should just return to being a Where player myself, having had a much better playing time on that side of the fence..

Feel free to flame away Axis fanboys but in reality i really dont care, & besides eventually others will come to a similar conclusion & simply move on to a game where your not always on the losing side & feeling you just wasted an hour or so of precious life in such an unequal struggle.
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2009, 12:22:35 pm »

I understand where you are coming from.

A lot of things have been considered to help the Commonwealth with the issues you represent, and I think the first thing we will do is adjust what we have now, rather then start fresh. Hopefully the changes you will see real soon are the first step to making them more viable.

VictorTarget Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #66 on: March 21, 2009, 07:20:20 am »

Wolster, you're not a bad player, I can vouch for that.  And you've had your chances at getting a company working.  Last game we played, it was so close to a victory that I could smell it, but it was my own fault for letting my firefly die off, and that was my last chance to do any serious damage to the Ace.  If we could have taken that, the game could certainly have swung back in our favor. 

We got close, so it's not impossible, it's just tough.  And I'm greatly in favor of the up-and-coming advantages that the brits are getting in the new release.  I think things will sort themselves out quite well.

EscforrealityTLS Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #67 on: March 21, 2009, 07:52:45 am »

The command tank is a retard, when I tell the FF that he is supervising to reverse (Usually away from danger) the command tank understands this to be an order to drive full speed into the ass of the FF, what in the name of God is up with that! I mean he literally blocks my own tank from retreat!

Is there anyway to have the Command Tank reverse when the tank that it is supervising is told to reverse?

Pwanawan baby!
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #68 on: March 21, 2009, 08:19:52 am »

Don't use the supervise thing, just micro it manually Tongue
TheDeadlyShoe Offline
Weapon of Math Destruction
EIR Veteran

« Reply #69 on: March 21, 2009, 08:30:35 am »

I find it a good idea to put the command tank in front anyway.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #70 on: March 26, 2009, 03:48:33 am »

since the 17 pounder range has increased, it has to become more exensive ofcourse.
but what bothers me:
if i flank a AT with my tank, at is dead becouse i can circlestrafe it. that what happens to USA ATs
so you can do with 17 pounder. but your tank hardly do damage. im not counting how many shots, but probably over 10. cant we make that to 3/4 shots for a tank to blow the 17?
Dnicee Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #71 on: March 26, 2009, 03:55:09 am »

I know you guys are working hard but this is fucked....EiR anyday.

Its fucking sim city everywhere i look. oh wait my 17 p took some damage lets move it 2 feet too the left. puh thats better full health again! yay!

(im out until its fixed)

<3 Old EiR <3

Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #72 on: March 26, 2009, 04:02:55 am »

We're working on a few fixes, and experimenting with other ideas. Don't worry; we're committed to getting it as balanced as humanly posisble. It won't stay like this, I promise you.
BigDick
« Reply #73 on: March 26, 2009, 04:03:40 am »

since the 17 pounder range has increased, it has to become more exensive ofcourse.
but what bothers me:
if i flank a AT with my tank, at is dead becouse i can circlestrafe it. that what happens to USA ATs
so you can do with 17 pounder. but your tank hardly do damage. im not counting how many shots, but probably over 10. cant we make that to 3/4 shots for a tank to blow the 17?

nah what does the pe? circlestrafing with turretless marders?

the 17 pounder is broken because it needs to be outranged by its counters

and that is indirect fire (if it is a sim city 17 pounder)

mortars were always the counter to entrenched positions but since the 17 pounder get 80 range and the pe mortar is vehicle based with much less range...there is no mortar counter more to 17 pounder

my suggestions is to buff the pe mortar range +5 and to lower the 17 pounder range by 10
and make the crew and the emplacements die much much faster to incendiary shells
like the upgrade of mortar halftrack or nebel fire
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #74 on: March 26, 2009, 04:04:33 am »

but what bothers me:

nah what does the pe? circlestrafing with turretless marders?

the 17 pounder is broken because it needs to be outranged by its counters

and that is indirect fire (if it is a sim city 17 pounder)

mortars were always the counter to entrenched positions but since the 17 pounder get 80 range and the pe mortar is vehicle based with much less range...there is no mortar counter more to 17 pounder

my suggestions is to buff the pe mortar range +5 and to lower the 17 pounder range by 10
and make the crew and the emplacements die much much faster to incendiary shells
like the upgrade of mortar halftrack or nebel fire

My hummel one volleys emplacements.
sgMisten Offline
Donator

« Reply #75 on: March 26, 2009, 04:15:46 am »

There are some hard counters to emplacements right now, but that's due more to Relic leaving weird code and categories lying around. Like stuh42 2-3 shotting emplacements, stuka with bike spotting destroying will have 6 rockets in tight spread destroying an emplacement and gamesguy saying about the hummel.

But it's also right that some things are not intuitive and not easily understood, like why a nebel does so little damage, why a tank does so little damage. These things ought to do more damage, but definitely not to the order of 3-4 tank shots killing a 17 pounder.

BigDick
« Reply #76 on: March 26, 2009, 04:22:26 am »

My hummel one volleys emplacements.

ok remove the 2 other doctrines of pe please that no one get into the trap having no sim city counter
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #77 on: March 26, 2009, 04:49:48 am »

Why shouldn't the STuH or the STUKA kill emplacements fast? That's their job!

The STuH specifically is an anti-defense weapon. It kills TTs in 3-4 shots too.

I also demand 5s setup times on my 88's and Flak 38's; why do Axis units take 3-4 times longer to setup than Brit emplacements?

MistenTH Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #78 on: March 26, 2009, 05:20:43 am »

I also demand 5s setup times on my 88's and Flak 38's; why do Axis units take 3-4 times longer to setup than Brit emplacements?

Read my post again; I said that those units are the hard counters available right now that work well, not that they should not. What I said that should not kill an emplacement in 3-4 shots is a regular tank.

What I was saying is that the current non-hard counter units should be able to do more damage to emplacements than they are now. I specifically reference the nebel, wehrmacht's common arty piece, doing almost no damage to emplacements. It should do some. Regular tanks need 10+ shots to down an emplacement, it could stand to be fewer shots.

Brit emplacements take 15 seconds to set up, not 5 seconds, but yes non-british structures take a very long time to set up. Noticed the MG42 bunker takes a long time to set up recently, don't know when it was changed, but it's really long now. Good point on these; set up time could stand to be shorter.
MannfredvonRitter Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #79 on: March 26, 2009, 05:39:45 am »

Gotta agree with that, setting an 88 up successfully in R+ mode is quite difficult and often ends in the death of the truck and lost veterancy on the 88 which is saddening Sad.

Would like to get similar build times on the 88 and vierling, especially considering that they can't move at all and are 10x more susceptible to artillery and mortars AND that the 88 at least, costs a stackload more.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc