Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 19, 2024, 01:51:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 02:40:48 pm]

[October 14, 2024, 02:38:41 pm]

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Klingon Bird of Prey  (Read 9373 times)
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: March 24, 2009, 10:22:12 am »

Really my only real gripe on this game.. These Storms and Paks just walking around cloaked and nobody sees them.. walking down roads where no cover is poping up and shooting... cloaking again even under fire?  ok.. i see you, shooting and magically they cloak again and my guys stop shooting etc..   one of the worst parts of this game imho..

if they were in cover ok, but this walking thru a open field to get a good shot is gamey.

Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 11:18:32 am »

storms are fine. camoflauge is what makes them unique.

Gameplay wise, its fair. You shouldnt look at these things though the omnicent helicopter perspective that we all have when we play the game.

Detection needs to be standardized and simple. If you get close enough you see the camoflauged unit. Having them decloak on an open road diminishes the utility of storms, as you dont quite always know when they would be decloaked.

If they need to be in cover to cloak then what you got is wehrmacht fallschirmjagers, a purely defensive unit that does not fit the blitzkrieg doctrine.

If thats the case, why cloak them at all? Better off just getting normal grenediers and saving ur manpower.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Two Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 11:41:46 am »

paks are bullshit, 1 shot should uncloak, not 2-3 shots which can kill a tank

IplayForKeeps: if we were an equation
IplayForKeeps: it would be
IplayForKeeps: two = keeps
IplayForKeeps: i only have 1 friend
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 11:56:29 am »

+1  ^^ that would balance paks
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 11:59:39 am »

saw that the last night, my teammate setup a 17pdr.. it was pointed the direction of where a cloaked pak gun wasshooting it.. 3 times and the 17pdr never shot back and got dun blowed up.
Warlight Offline
Donator

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2009, 01:53:05 pm »

I don't know who you are playing, But I've not bushwacked a tank with one Pak since the patch.  Sure I hit it once or twice, but never a kill, less the guy is a moron and rushes it.

I lose more tanks to 17 pounders and 57mms during that period when afterthey spot me, but even after I pack way way far away from their sight range but they still fire.  Fix that then too.

More over, you shouldn't be advancing with tanks.  Don't dive into the unkown andyou won't get bushwacked as much. 

Shoot though its to easy for you allies to counter the packs, run infantry blobs around (you already do), you'll find paks all over the place, only bringup tanks when your confident, and always use them cautiosly. 

We have to dump alot of MP and muni into a Pak 38, and when you guys rush them witha a squad that costs half as much, it sucks.

And anyway

The Germans need the cloak, otherwise you'd just arty us to death (Like you also already do).

So whatever.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2009, 02:03:09 pm »

How are either of those more retarded than snipers?

Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2009, 02:11:25 pm »

I don't know who you are playing, But I've not bushwacked a tank with one Pak since the patch.  Sure I hit it once or twice, but never a kill, less the guy is a moron and rushes it.

I lose more tanks to 17 pounders and 57mms during that period when afterthey spot me, but even after I pack way way far away from their sight range but they still fire.  Fix that then too.

More over, you shouldn't be advancing with tanks.  Don't dive into the unkown andyou won't get bushwacked as much. 

Shoot though its to easy for you allies to counter the packs, run infantry blobs around (you already do), you'll find paks all over the place, only bringup tanks when your confident, and always use them cautiosly. 

We have to dump alot of MP and muni into a Pak 38, and when you guys rush them witha a squad that costs half as much, it sucks.

And anyway

The Germans need the cloak, otherwise you'd just arty us to death (Like you also already do).

So whatever.

not..  competent axis players know how to guard the paks, how to move them etc...   alot of times u can aimlessly run into the spot where the pak was last seen, but could have cloaked and moved away, leaving you dudes u just ran there ripe for murder..   plus that sniping of the 17pdr that was facing the pak was just wrong.
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2009, 02:12:10 pm »

Really my only real gripe on this game.. These Storms and Paks just walking around cloaked and nobody sees them.. walking down roads where no cover is poping up and shooting... cloaking again even under fire?  ok.. i see you, shooting and magically they cloak again and my guys stop shooting etc..   one of the worst parts of this game imho..

if they were in cover ok, but this walking thru a open field to get a good shot is gamey.

hes my counterpart!

gallun thats why they are called stormtroopers, k?

they first need to overwork brits. our heroes.

Bubz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2009, 02:14:37 pm »

ok.. i see you, shooting and magically they cloak again and my guys stop shooting etc..   one of the worst parts of this game imho..
Hell yea most annoyng thing ever, expecially if you pop suppression and they magically cloack when suppressed.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2009, 02:16:54 pm »

ok.. i see you, shooting and magically they cloak again and my guys stop shooting etc..   one of the worst parts of this game imho..
Hell yea most annoyng thing ever, expecially if you pop suppression and they magically cloack when suppressed.

This is the best thing ever, because you could never run up to them to decloak them?

Again, similar to the sniper. Actually, give all units the ability to attack ground, then I could have my HMGs all shoot at the last spot the sniper was spotted, suppress him, and run over to kill him.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2009, 03:00:38 pm »

not..  competent axis players know how to guard the paks, how to move them etc...   alot of times u can aimlessly run into the spot where the pak was last seen, but could have cloaked and moved away, leaving you dudes u just ran there ripe for murder..   plus that sniping of the 17pdr that was facing the pak was just wrong.

Im pretty sure youre talking about the game we had last night... it was your teammates fault, he set up that 17, literally, in the fog of war, what did you expect from that lolz?

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2009, 03:14:13 pm »

Im pretty sure youre talking about the game we had last night... it was your teammates fault, he set up that 17, literally, in the fog of war, what did you expect from that lolz?

no wasnt our game, a later one.. he had the 17pdr up.. just looking down the road.. a pak came up the road within range cloaked.. and proceeded to shot the 17pdr, 17pdr never got to return fire because of the cloaking.. i was able to get my rangers over to kill it.. but by then the 17pdr was toast..
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2009, 03:21:35 pm »

1 Pak38 cant kill a full health 17, never, it will decloak after the 3rd shot and the 17 will rape it before the Pak38 fires enough shots to take it down btw :p.
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2009, 03:38:53 pm »

never said it was full health, and the health has nothing to do with conversation... it has to do with the silly cloak.. this pak 38 was right in front of the 17pdr, but because it could shoot cloaked etc the 17pdr was unable to defend itself.. heck there was a bofors closer to the pak and it didnt do anything either until my rangers got close, decloaked the pak etc.
Warlight Offline
Donator

« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2009, 04:09:37 pm »

competent axis players

I love this part, everyone always says it. 

So if Competent Axis players use their paks, correctly, and competent allied players know how to counter them...  Why do we still argue about german cloaking things?

They have it (cloak) now, and they are always going to have it.  Its not un-counterable.

So if a competent axis player uses his pak correctly, and owns a allied player, does that make the allied player incompetent?

No, i guess that couldn't be the case, or allied players wouldn't be whining...

Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2009, 04:18:41 pm »

I love realism a lot, but in terms of this, I have to say gameplay wins over realism. Using stormtroopers would be too restrictive (what with roads running down the center of a map being a key feature...) even if they just couldn't cloak on roads and could everywhere else.

If this game was realistic, entirely realistic, it'd be okay, but kind of boring. If it was realistic bunkers would be impenetrable by mortars (that was the point of a bunker!) and they'd be uncounterable by most direct fire or light indirect fire. Not very balanced unless we get rid of bunkers, or give the allies 105 spam, or et c... boring game.

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2009, 04:41:14 pm »

I love realism a lot, but in terms of this, I have to say gameplay wins over realism. Using stormtroopers would be too restrictive (what with roads running down the center of a map being a key feature...) even if they just couldn't cloak on roads and could everywhere else.

If this game was realistic, entirely realistic, it'd be okay, but kind of boring. If it was realistic bunkers would be impenetrable by mortars (that was the point of a bunker!) and they'd be uncounterable by most direct fire or light indirect fire. Not very balanced unless we get rid of bunkers, or give the allies 105 spam, or et c... boring game.

true... i have played alot of realistic games, and this is first time i have played a game like this, so i guess its hard for me to get used to it i suppose.. all fun thou.. nice wakeup call when you have a injuried shreman well behind lines getting repaired to just heard it blow up and see 2 squads of stormys kill it off lol, like uhmmmmm ok lol.
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2009, 04:44:27 pm »

competent axis players

So if Competent Axis players use their paks, correctly, and competent allied players know how to counter them...  Why do we still argue about german cloaking things?

They have it (cloak) now, and they are always going to have it.  Its not un-counterable.

So if a competent axis player uses his pak correctly, and owns a allied player, does that make the allied player incompetent?

u were in the 4v4 last night?  you werent the one complaining about the art where u?
Skaevola Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2009, 05:33:39 pm »

competent axis players

Can you explain to me how to counter a unit that is completely invisible, can fire when invisible, and only fires when a unit it can kill comes into its arc of fire?
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc