Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 19, 2024, 01:50:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 02:40:48 pm]

[October 14, 2024, 02:38:41 pm]

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Klingon Bird of Prey  (Read 9372 times)
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2009, 06:06:37 pm »

i've found the best way to counter a pak is to give it bait and then kill it. With how expensive they are, everytime you see one, you gotta make sure you kill it. Throw mortar's on it, decloak it, throw stickies on it, nades, etc. I have 4 bikes in my company and i like to use them for pak bait and then use my at gun or whatever to take them out.

but still, paks are a really annoying unit and even with the 50% acc nerf on towed gun accuracy, there's still a lot of pak sniping of at guns.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
sgMisten Offline
Donator

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2009, 06:19:00 pm »

never said it was full health, and the health has nothing to do with conversation... it has to do with the silly cloak.. this pak 38 was right in front of the 17pdr, but because it could shoot cloaked etc the 17pdr was unable to defend itself.. heck there was a bofors closer to the pak and it didnt do anything either until my rangers got close, decloaked the pak etc.

The Pak38 being able to cloak right in front of units is an issue, but it is impossible for a pak38 to kill a 17 pounder on its own before it decloaks, in which case the 17 pounder will demolish the pak38. The 17 pounder should not even lose half health.

The only way you can lose the 17 pounder to a pak before it uncloaks and can be shot at is if you start building the 17 pounder in front of the pak38. Which is similar to building a bunker within range of a 57mm. Either way, if you start building under fire, even cancelling construction will cause loss of the building anyway.

Right now though, if you have sufficient allied artillery, paks cease to be a problem because you can keep bombarding. Just make sure you have enough pop cap so that you don't run out of pop before you finish bombarding everything. The buff to mortar emplacement makes it the longest range mortar as well, with very strong durability, so you can achieve area control to drive paks further back or kill them, something that could not be done in the past when Wehrmacht mortars could control an area and keep an area free of infantry for mgs and paks to reign.
Warlight Offline
Donator

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2009, 12:58:26 pm »

Can you explain to me how to counter a unit that is completely invisible, can fire when invisible, and only fires when a unit it can kill comes into its arc of fire?

If your honestly asking this question your not using your brain.  But in order to humor you, I'll need to know what army you want to counter it with.

u were in the 4v4 last night?  you werent the one complaining about the art where u?

What game was it?  Was Victor and Salan in it?

I'm Chaplinwarlight In the game, I have complained about arty, but then I never gone into any "Nerf the arty" threads and done any hard core posting on it.

I use arty because its a nessesaty, I don't like players who uses it as a win condition.  Makes for lame games.

Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2009, 01:12:16 pm »

ahhhhhh, ya salan and victor were in it..   the priest from hell lol.  I still had a howi but never pulled it out.

i suppose its not as big of a issue with storms... its that annoying pak that mainly bugs me, were it can shoot multiple times cloaked, and at times the unit its shooting at could fire at it because its in range, but since its int he cloak stuff it cant shoot back.. wacky imho.

CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2009, 01:20:14 pm »

ahhhhhh, ya salan and victor were in it..   the priest from hell lol.  I still had a howi but never pulled it out.

i suppose its not as big of a issue with storms... its that annoying pak that mainly bugs me, were it can shoot multiple times cloaked, and at times the unit its shooting at could fire at it because its in range, but since its int he cloak stuff it cant shoot back.. wacky imho.

hey it bugs him, fix it!!

no srsly, a pak is not that strong, its just the cloak that makes it some better

of course it annoys when u want to suicide rush ur croc Wink
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 01:22:04 pm by aloha622 » Logged

Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2009, 01:26:36 pm »

no srsly, a pak is not that strong, its just the cloak that makes it some better

lol
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2009, 01:30:53 pm »

worst thing with paks is when you try and go get it with say an at gun or tank, the pak can cloak while in the middle of battle, its just lame.
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2009, 01:35:02 pm »

hey, alot of stuff bugs you, you ask for stuff to be fixed to.. sooo???
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2009, 01:38:39 pm »

as i said, ur my counterpart but there is 1 diference...

tym ur vet3 howies are much more lame than a pak.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 01:41:33 pm by aloha622 » Logged
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2009, 01:42:25 pm »

oh, thats what you meant by that... lol..    so whats the difference?
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2009, 01:45:51 pm »

im not allowed to say this
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2009, 01:52:16 pm »

im not allowed to say this

oh, thats goofy.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2009, 02:06:06 pm »

lmao whatever dude...you never even play against me, so stfu. Play as allies and see how incredibly annoying it is to be in a shooting match at gun vs at gun against a pak and then in the middle of fighitng, it cloaks and then repositions and starts firing again while cloaked those 3 shots until it uncloaks and you just have to hope it misses.
Warlight Offline
Donator

« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2009, 02:19:18 pm »

worst thing with paks is when you try and go get it with say an at gun or tank, the pak can cloak while in the middle of battle, its just lame.

AT guns and Tanks are not counters for a hidden pak.  Problem solved, stop doing that and you won't have anything to worry about.  Hell i don't consider paks as a counter for AT Guns.  Sicne it just lets you know where my pak is, unless I want to paint Infantry into a Kill zone, i'd rather not give  my paks position away unless I'm desprate.
aloha623 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2009, 02:32:44 pm »

lmao whatever dude...you never even play against me, so stfu. Play as allies and see how incredibly annoying it is to be in a shooting match at gun vs at gun against a pak and then in the middle of fighitng, it cloaks and then repositions and starts firing again while cloaked those 3 shots until it uncloaks and you just have to hope it misses.

yes i played against you many times.
as axis i also always flank with my tanks
u always have to expect cloaked paks like axis always have to expect much arty!
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2009, 03:10:29 pm »

guess you dont play as aloha in launcher?
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2009, 04:15:25 pm »

nope, he smurfs.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2009, 12:09:08 pm »

Because nobody would allow him in the game if they saw him under his real name, I guess...

You always have to expect cloaked paks like you have to expect 57 mm's, it's their mainline AT.
But expecting something doesn't mean you're all set to counter it as well. Allies use artilery because they CAN, just like axis use KCH because they CAN. Nevermind what the enemy team thinks - it helps you win games, and it's not cheating, nor will it ever be. Not to mention arty only rapes tactics like support weapon spam and blobbing.

AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2009, 01:09:23 pm »

This right here is your failing. As allies you keep your ATGs back, and lure tanks to you. That way you can also sticky it or block it with a jeep or something. You don't move the ATGs to the front of the line. Why on gods green earth would you use your ATG vs another ATG as Ami?

There are better tools to remove a PAK than a 57mm...

Also, 57mm + AP rounds = dead PAK if you can see it.

BigDick
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2009, 01:14:05 pm »

na accuracy of at guns against each other should be really very low...and there was a good suggestion to make the accuracy of AT guns against jeeps, bikes, ketten etc. very low that this unit can be used to scout for AT or to scout an area

like it is now it's almost impossible to do good scouting with such units without heaving hedges/buildings... around
and if you have bad luck they will get one shotted by 17 punder at57mm or pak38
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc