Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 18, 2024, 11:34:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Today at 02:40:48 pm]

[October 14, 2024, 02:38:41 pm]

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Suggestions for 1.5  (Read 11413 times)
MannfredvonRitter Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2009, 04:19:31 pm »

Overall, what I've been thinking lately is that the recent change has turned the game from "axis blob shreks and support weapon spam" to "brits blob and spam support weapons". Basically, the wehr players are getting a taste of their own medicine, and it really, really hurts, which is why there's such an uproar of "nerf plzzz" on the forums.

Then again, I've got flu and probably a bit delirious today, so it just may be me.

nobody blobs shrecks. thats not costeffective like piat blobs and it never was

I actually support your statement for once aloha, for once....shreck blob only kills tanks, I guess it might seem like a shreck blob because any axis player worth his salt always has a double shreck team on field at any given time.

CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2009, 04:21:27 pm »

Overall, what I've been thinking lately is that the recent change has turned the game from "axis blob shreks and support weapon spam" to "brits blob and spam support weapons". Basically, the wehr players are getting a taste of their own medicine, and it really, really hurts, which is why there's such an uproar of "nerf plzzz" on the forums.

Then again, I've got flu and probably a bit delirious today, so it just may be me.

nobody blobs shrecks. thats not costeffective like piat blobs and it never was

I actually support your statement for once aloha, for once....shreck blob only kills tanks, I guess it might seem like a shreck blob because any axis player worth his salt always has a double shreck team on field at any given time.

well, mystaloin always talks about axis blobs, BIG and EVIL axis (schreck)blobs...but there are no blobs, axis play with combined arms.
i guess he doesnt...

BigDick
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2009, 06:00:24 pm »

lol there are no axis blobs and especially no shrekblobs
think about what would happen shreks get blobbed.....they are expensive like hell and will get steamrolled by everything that is anti infantry...and they would be done when they run into an hmg since they have no riflenades no piats no fireup and no heroic charge....

This, except maybe PIATs to 95 instead of 100 munitions. You have to remember that the Brits are without real mobile anti-tank assets, while PIATs might be a bit too good, they should not at all be nerfed into being crap like they were before. Brits NEED mobile AT to support the pocket 88 and firefly, which are both immensely situational platforms, the firefly even more so than the 17 lber.

wrong again or do you want to support the phrase of your avatar? "iBLOB"

the devs have to think about what they want....an enjoyable mod with strategical thinking and combined arms or blobs of doom with arty spam as support

the british faction is very blobfriendly through design choices of relic (leutnant with aura, heroic charge, riflenades...) when piats own too then this blob problem will be buffed

17 pounder emplacements have a very quick setup time now and it is mostly easier to have a 3 men crew walking around and build a 17 pounder in seconds then having AT guns slow crawling in the back

don't know what they were thinking by giving tommies no slower moving, buffing piats, making emplacements able to move and buffing there range and giving them free repair

that this will lead into many problems was obviously

before the last patch it was only the blob of doom without much mobile AT capabilities....now it is the blob of doom with huge AT capabilities
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 06:03:46 pm by BigDick » Logged
TheDeadlyShoe Offline
Weapon of Math Destruction
EIR Veteran

« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2009, 06:08:58 pm »

There was more PIAT blobbing before the patch.  Cool
Schultz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2009, 08:23:17 pm »

Actually VictorTarget has some nice ideas because as all of us know the brits offer such a low range of choices, and everything ends up concentrating on blobbing something that is created and promoted by relic.
OF's factions are fucked in so many ways that as mods are trying in essence to do what relic should have done from the start, considering additions is not at all an unrealistic idea.

EIR Veteran

« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2009, 08:55:37 pm »

There was more PIAT blobbing before the patch.  Cool

Coming from a guy whose entire fore consists almost entirely of piats and FOO artillery? I played you before and now, you piat blob worse now than before.
TheDeadlyShoe Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2009, 08:59:21 pm »

I have 4 PIATs in 3 callins and I have FOO on one LT.   Cool

EIR Veteran

« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2009, 09:02:36 pm »

I have 4 PIATs in 3 callins and I have FOO on one LT.   Cool

1. You think that 12 piats isn't spam? I'm sure if I had 12 shreck squads i'd be spamming.
2. I've seen you use FOO more than once, so you're either lying or exploiting. Now considering it was two diff leutenants, i'm certain you're lying.
TheDeadlyShoe Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2009, 09:04:32 pm »

no mannfred I have 4 total piats in 3 seperate callins. 

you may find this shocking, but there were two brit players in that game.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2009, 11:36:41 pm »

I hope you realise that the high shreck price means you need less of them for it to be considered a blob Wink. 3-4 shreks invalidates any tank(short of a pershing), and if you've got stormies, infantry really isn't a problem. Shrek blobs have indeed become very common, mainly taken after puddin and his over 9000 StuH and Shrek company(I see no other possible influence(other than wit of the players themselves), as it was him I first saw using such a tactic in EiRR).
PIATs ARE supperior to shreks, I've never said they weren't. What I think though, is the fact the cards have changed hands, and been buffed as well, is really hurtful, and adds insult to injury for the wehr players. Something needs to be done, of course, but I find this rather ironic ^^.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc