Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 18, 2024, 03:31:42 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Today at 02:40:48 pm]

[October 14, 2024, 02:38:41 pm]

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [CW] The bullshit that is foo  (Read 11383 times)
MannfredvonRitter Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: March 27, 2009, 09:04:04 pm »

I want to know, is this going to be fixed any time soon? Cause as it stands it's complete and utter bullshite. Insta arty that rapes all in its path for 100mu, winbutton. Combined with piat spam it's the ultimate win button. Please fix this soon, oh and fix the crappy everyone dies in a HT thing.

Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 09:29:57 pm »

Foo - yea a bit op
piats - hmm...they changed it to what relic is going to change it to so, i dunno.

ht - was supposed to be fixed lol

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 09:36:07 pm »

FOO usually only kills one squad if you're not blobbing support weapons, I'm not seeing the issue here.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 10:09:01 pm »

FOO is pretty powerful now, you can drop them on infantry with little to no warning and its a struggle to dodge it because of the supression and fast drop speed. Is it overpowered? Hard to say. If its recharging, it needs to go back to 200 munitions. If its one use, 100 munitions and in the current form is okay as long as it is TIED to the artillery canadians.

Is it royal canadians only?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 10:44:08 pm by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
DasNoob Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 10:11:49 pm »

It's a single use tied to a single unit.

Quote from: fldash on Today at 06:22:34 PM
DISASTER AVERTED... IM A MOTHER FUCKING GENIUS!

You have DasNoob who uses the mod as COHTV
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 10:19:06 pm »

Mm I don't really understand how FOO is rape saucing life ... its a 1 use ability,

is it priced correctly?  I'm not completely sure its under-priced or not.  A goliath, which can be destroyed yet cloaks, is cheaper and a 1 use item of similar destructive power. 

also germans are not so use to offmap artillery from a specific unit, unlike the allies AKA german officer (which is NOT a 1 use ability).

EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2009, 10:26:13 pm »

It has no delay and is an insta rape weapon, for 100 munitions you can guarantee the destruction of at least one unit. There is no other weapon of that level of power. Compare it to whatever you will, hell a single shreck costs 120, a rifle grenade is what atm? 100? I can guarantee a riflenade squad won't do as much damage in a game as this stupid ability.

For those who want the summary, it's essentially a single T4 arty strike tied to a leutenant.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2009, 10:34:51 pm »

I believe the problem is the germans dont expect it, or at least didnt, so they have their mortar MG pak and grens all near a building or something and it comes so fast they don't get a chance to scramble, because the best use of FOO i have seen is in the early engagements.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2009, 10:45:39 pm »

I believe the problem is the germans dont expect it, or at least didnt, so they have their mortar MG pak and grens all near a building or something and it comes so fast they don't get a chance to scramble, because the best use of FOO i have seen is in the early engagements.

Nah, it's just that its instant. Starting callins are all munitions heavy in R+ mode. Most of them well over 100mu. A singe unit destroyed by FOO is cost efficient and its guaranteed to kill at least one, usually two.

PE have to be closer together because they have no force multipliers.

They rely upon HT's, which means double the units in the barrage, even with the HT speed you rarely escape.
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2009, 10:48:54 pm »

good points manfred.
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2009, 10:55:33 pm »

Nah, it's just that its instant. Starting callins are all munitions heavy in R+ mode. Most of them well over 100mu. A singe unit destroyed by FOO is cost efficient and its guaranteed to kill at least one, usually two.

PE have to be closer together because they have no force multipliers.

They rely upon HT's, which means double the units in the barrage, even with the HT speed you rarely escape.

Its not instant, there are no instant artillery in the game.  It takes about 5 seconds to drop.

Wehr officer can do the same thing, except his arty is reusable and has a longer range, not to mention more deadly to infantry.

I've never been hit with FOO with my PE company.  How the hell you manage to not drive out of the small aoe with a halftrack I'll never know.  Its not the game's fault if you dont move.

Hell, FOO doesnt even kill a MG always.  I've had FOO not kill a MG with a full barrage many times.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 10:57:55 pm by gamesguy2 » Logged
TheDeadlyShoe Offline
Weapon of Math Destruction
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2009, 11:01:52 pm »

The basic concept of FOO is the same as a Goliath; that's what it should be compared to. Right now FOO is either too cheap or too fast.

However, as Gamesguy said, it's not instant. Just fast.

Hell, FOO doesnt even kill a MG always.  I've had FOO not kill a MG with a full barrage many times.

FOO doesn't seem to have any power against units in buildings. Unless it kills the building... *shrug*

You should be able to escape normally. In your case you were bogged down in water and couldn't possibly have escaped.

FWIW I'm pretty sure IHTs supress now.

wildsolus Offline
Donator

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2009, 11:02:53 pm »

oh and fix the crappy everyone dies in a HT thing.

40% isn't 100%... sorry perfectly healthy squads jumpin out of a blown up HT doesn't work anymore.

EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2009, 11:05:58 pm »

oh and fix the crappy everyone dies in a HT thing.

40% isn't 100%... sorry perfectly healthy squads jumpin out of a blown up HT doesn't work anymore.

No, full health squad in IHT, all of them die almost always. I don't see what's so complicated about that. Get an IHT, get it blown up and see how often men jump out.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2009, 11:18:26 pm »

The IHT has been changed to such that each guy has a 40 percent survival chance, which is why you sometimes see the entire halftrack garrison die. I'm actually ok with it - no more clonwcaring and not even attempting to get out of a dying halftrack. Not a single of my ghettos in a halftrack died instantly, just suffered quite some losses, though I've seen a lot of enemy halftrack ghettos get insta-raped... Still, it should be set to a broadband 30-50 percent "we livzed" rate(Out of 8 guys, anything from 2 to 4 should survive, never entire halftrack gibbing, never entire halftrack survival), not a 40 percent chance to live.

EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2009, 11:21:35 pm »

The IHT has been changed to such that each guy has a 40 percent survival chance, which is why you sometimes see the entire halftrack garrison die. I'm actually ok with it - no more clonwcaring and not even attempting to get out of a dying halftrack. Not a single of my ghettos in a halftrack died instantly, just suffered quite some losses, though I've seen a lot of enemy halftrack ghettos get insta-raped... Still, it should be set to a broadband 30-50 percent "we livzed" rate(Out of 8 guys, anything from 2 to 4 should survive, never entire halftrack gibbing, never entire halftrack survival), not a 40 percent chance to live.

Of the 20ish games since patch none of my guys have survived an IHT death. SO whatever.

I watched your stupid IHT's lose all your guys when you were PE with me, so perhaps selective memory, but whatever I will join the others who have given up on this mod. Enjoy your OP team and crappy gameplay.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 11:23:20 pm by MannfredvonRitter » Logged
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2009, 11:55:41 pm »

Of the 20ish games since patch none of my guys have survived an IHT death. SO whatever.

My dudes survive about half the time, and every now and then the entire squad dies.  Seems to me its about 40%.

I watched your stupid IHT's lose all your guys when you were PE with me, so perhaps selective memory, but whatever I will join the others who have given up on this mod. Enjoy your OP team and crappy gameplay.

Please do.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2009, 12:06:57 am »

Calm down mannfred.

No, it's not selective memory. Watch the replay if you don't believe me - both the halftracks that got gibbed with units inside in that game let the squads go with around 40 percent surviving men. For you it was not as lucky, though, I can attest to that.
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2009, 12:11:11 am »

Calm down mannfred.

No, it's not selective memory. Watch the replay if you don't believe me - both the halftracks that got gibbed with units inside in that game let the squads go with around 40 percent surviving men. For you it was not as lucky, though, I can attest to that.

I've never had a survivor from an IHT.
DasNoob Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2009, 12:12:11 am »

Wait... weren't we talking about how great FOO is?
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc