Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 18, 2024, 07:19:01 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[October 14, 2024, 02:38:41 pm]

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Support Weapon Spam  (Read 11324 times)
Leafedge Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2009, 06:33:43 pm »

Reminds me of the old EIR. The game playstyles went in cycles. Heavy support was really popular for awhile. What came next? Dual Rocket Racks, because is countered HS. After that? Rocket Arty, of course. Except, this wasn't a change in playstyle due to a change in game balance, it was simply reactive strategies designed to counter the "in" strategy for the opposing side, not a response to one faction having manpacked 88's and AT Machine-Sniper squads.
Ununoctium Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2009, 07:05:18 pm »

I just think EIR kinda lost it's meta-game because many units are inferior or messed up.
Kettenkrad?
bren carrier?
puma?
(bad examples Sad)

Quote from: shockcoil
Quote from: CrazyWR
My tigers get penetrated by everything.  Its really really frustrating.
Your tiger is a whore
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2009, 01:14:42 am »

Nowadays I just see Allies= Blob&Arty Axis= SW Blob&OP PAK

I guess that would work if you say people L2P and adapt to new strategy? After all soon that SW Spam becomes useless when you learn to counter it not just with artillery but with something else as well...

You do know that players will gravitate toward what works, right? Currently, "Blob+Arty Spam" or "SW Blob+OP PAK", as you put it, works. Which is why it's used.

Considering that one is *nominally* the direct counter of the other, there's a reason why games, as you put it, turn so.

The question is, do you want the game to remain this way?

It will work as long as someone finds a counter for it and it spreads around...

Every tactic will be defeated soon enough and forces the opponents to come up with something else other than PIAT blob and SW spam

For example in VEiR people spammed tanks with OBM. Now they can't since there is no OBM. Durin that time PAK was so called "root of evil" because it countered the tank spam. Axis spammed then AT guns and Shrecks because like you said "They work" and they did stop armor spam fests.

Now it is all about blobbing. British blob since people have said that they can't do anything but blob. Idk about that but that is why Axis nowadays spams MG42s- to counter those blobs. Mortars to counter mortar enemy mortars and mortar the blob and PAKs to protect from the tank rush so that the "blob of doom" may proceed when HC is on a cooldown.

If someone finds a way to defeat the blob of doom effectively and passes the info for others it will force other players to switch strategies- again. People always use a tactic that work. A london in middle of the map works because PE lacks counters for it and even wehrmacht will struggle everynow and then against it. People say "USE PAKS!" Ya Paks works against emplacements because most of the things doesnt' work on them (unless they've been fixed so that rebuild does not give health back and they are more weaker to fire damage and artillery fire)

Though- strategies leads to new strategies- its like a Cycle how Leafedge described it =D
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 01:21:02 am by NightRain » Logged

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2009, 08:41:47 am »

I have 4 hmgs, 4 paks, 1 nebel, 1 stuka, 4 ostwinds, 3 pumas, and 10 volks, most of them upgraded, so? am I spamming stuff? I dont think so, its usually barely enough.
In EIR you had maybe 6-7 MGs and 3 or at most 4 paks covering against 30! riflemen.  Killer you yourself called me a pak spammer in EIR because I had 5 paks in my company.

Malevolence also spammed paks in that game not only you lol....... :p.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2009, 10:47:39 am »

I'm sorry my company utilized four pak guns in the days of tank reaper at and elite infantry super blob  Lips sealed

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2009, 11:00:17 am »

four + five from gamesguy... that means 9 paks in a 2vs2 against 2 armor player and you were defending so... I guess its pak spam isnt it ? :p
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2009, 03:52:02 pm »

Well, you were the one who was m10 and m8 carmageddon with on board. Not my fault I came well-prepared with anti-tank options  Wink
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2009, 05:12:17 pm »

Yada Yada, my spam is bigger than yours.

Get back to the essence of the discussion rather than discussing the size of eachother's ... spam ...

Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2009, 05:39:08 pm »

EIRRMOD's name is pink when he's viewing threads! :O
Nanaki Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2009, 09:06:30 pm »

The thing about British infantry spam is that it is all that British has. Unless you go Commandos and buy the HMG/Mortar mandos you will likely only have Tommies, Sappers, Officers, and a buttload of emplacements.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc