Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:34:18 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 22, 2024, 01:44:39 am]

[March 10, 2024, 03:58:45 pm]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Skin Pack Creation Guide  (Read 21345 times)
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« on: March 31, 2009, 10:05:49 pm »

Skin Pack Creation Guide

While Europe in Ruins has it's own Skin Pack, it doesn't meet everyones favour, as some people might like different looks to others and so forth. I for one prefer the Relic Tommy skins over any skinners, but that's just personal taste.

So I bet some of you are wondering how to create your own, and while you may think it to be difficult, it isn't.

Tools You'll need:

Good Places to find Skins:

NOTE: MANY OF THE ABOVE SKINS STILL USE FILEFRONT, SO BE QUICK AND GRAB WHAT YOU CAN!

1. First thing you should is download your skins, it's much easier to create the whole file with all the skins you want in your pack. Below is a typical listing of the type of skins zips you'll get from downloading.

2. Now here is the part that some people have trouble with, this is mainly due to some skinners not correctly explaining how to install their skins. For example, the Paras file only has the 1 file located inside of it. But not to worry, as I know where it should go.

3. Hopefully you've downloaded my skeleton file from this and unzipped it, because it has the correct directory structure for all units. However, most of the time the good skinners will properly place their skins into the correct files already, so all you'll have to do is extract them into my data folder and it should be all in the correct place, but for those that don't like the paras, we need to place it in the correct area.

For Infantry, most of the files go into the respectiveshare_texture folder ( data\art\models\races\<race>\soldiers\shared_texture directory, so for the paras it's data\art\models\races\allies\soldiers\shared_textures, and then it's a simple matter of extracting it into that folder.

For Vehicles, most of them have their own folders where their skins must be placed in, there are a few expectations, but the skinner usually has that covered.

4. Once you've correctly place your skins with the correct folders it comes time to compiling the skin pack to be used in the game. Fire up Corsix Mod Studio, load any mod or sga, as it doesn't matter.

From inside of Corsix, click the tools tab then double click SGA Packer

5. You'll be greeted with a popup box like this:

From here, click Browse on the Input directory tab and located the Data folder you were placing skins into. Next, click the Browse button on the SGA to Create tab and locate the SGA called ExternalSkinpack.sga located in Company of Heroes\EuropeInRuins\Archives\, we are going to overwrite the old skin pack; if its not there; just simply create one instead.

It should look something like this:

6. Click Create and let Corsix do it's thing, and then Congratulations; You just made your own skin pack! If you want to update it at any time, just run through the steps again and overwrite the old one, it's much easier than creating new files each time.

It will only work in EIR however, as I believe it's a tad risky to go editing core COH files when patches and TOV come out, forcing you to reinstall in most cases.
TheDeadlyShoe Offline
Weapon of Math Destruction
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 10:57:10 pm »

What a horrible coincidence of timing..silly filefront  Lips sealed
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 04:13:47 pm »

Im gonna assume that because were in 2.4 for retail, I cant make a working skin pack for this patch?

I just SGA'ed up another skin pack with corsix and I couldnt get it to run with retail (origonal WW2.sga is saved and switched back)

Anyone know whats wrong? When I tried a skirmish, the axis flag was a swastica so it looked like it was working, but the match stopped at the loading screen

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Prydain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 04:35:43 pm »

No Eldar skinpacks for you Akranadas?

The Germans in Greek
Are sadly to seek;
Not five in five score,
But ninety-five more;
All, save only Hermann,
And Hermann's a German.
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 06:44:19 pm »

Hey everyone, Look at Prydain as he tries to be funny

Groundfire, Not sure what that problem is, as I never edit the core files.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 07:00:42 pm by Akranadas » Logged
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2009, 06:49:22 pm »

Hey everyone, I Love Akranadas
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 06:59:52 pm by Akranadas » Logged

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2009, 07:29:35 pm »

One would think it would be the same as overwriting the Externalskinpack.sga, but mabey it wont work b/c its missing skins?
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2009, 07:39:52 pm »

That could be why. One way to find out would be to unpack the WW2ART.sga and replace the skins in it with your own, then repack it.

Not sure if that would cause mismatch problems online, but if you backup your files; it should be a hassle to revert.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2009, 07:41:40 pm »

btw, I only do this b/c the skin installer has never worked for me ever. It keeps on wanting to get debugged and stuff, and never loads the skin.

Attachment: http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=491260

Attachment: http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=491261

I didnt unpack any file, so that's probaibly the reason.... gotta look up an instruction guide for corsix or something.
Prydain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2009, 08:22:49 pm »

Hey everyone, Look at Prydain as he tries to be funny
Fucking creep, it was a genuine comment. Not my fault you mistake it for an attempt of humour, or maybe I struck a nerve or something.

Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2009, 08:25:35 pm »

Nerve? Nah; not even close. Why would there be Eldar in COH? More specifically, Skins of Eldar, it just doesn't work without models.
Prydain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2009, 07:36:41 am »

I just know you enjoy DoW and 40K in general. Maybe I should just troll without trying to be nice ever.
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2009, 08:19:56 am »

It's a bit hard to tell when you're generally being nice due to you having a rather...interesting style of posting on the forums
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2009, 10:33:13 am »

He´s not being nice Akra.. lol..... :p.

Did you really believe this ? hahaha

I just know you enjoy DoW and 40K in general. Maybe I should just troll without trying to be nice ever.
Prydain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2009, 12:45:25 pm »

He´s not being nice Akra.. lol..... :p.

Did you really believe this ? hahaha

Get out or I will ruin your hair.
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2009, 01:28:53 pm »

So how do i make Vet icons, or restore old vcoh vet icons.

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
GeneralGlacko Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2009, 06:50:10 pm »

I'm almost done with the dividing of the skins, where do i put King Tiger skins Tongue

Genosse Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2011, 12:11:52 am »

Which is the official EiR skinpack, Groundfire's HD?
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2011, 01:19:55 am »

Which is the official EiR skinpack, Groundfire's HD?

i guess we have none, its up to u to u to find or make a skinpack
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 01:24:55 am by hans » Logged

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2011, 06:15:42 am »

most people use GFs skinpack.

and it is specially made for EIR
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc