Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 18, 2024, 01:30:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[October 14, 2024, 02:38:41 pm]

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [US] The lovely Ranger discussion  (Read 14704 times)
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2009, 08:56:18 pm »

KCH have a slightly superior armor type to rangers - they literally cannot die to one hit from anything. Heroic armor type (also seen on British officers) results in things being unkillable first hit. Tank shot? 105mm? King Tiger near miss? Machinegun bullet? Grenade? Nothing will crit them to death on the first hit, they have to have 5% hp or less before dying (on a per man basis). This is what makes KCH so beast - they refuse to die for a certain amount of time, no matter what you hit them with, making them wonderfully tough spearheads or supplements. Rather costly cannon fodder, but pretty good at it. Hard to suppress, too.

Rangers on the other hand have elite infantry armor like Wehrmacht grenadiers get at vet 2 in retail. This makes them wonderfully tough against MOST weapons that do normal things like fire bullets. The problem is they're incredibly combustible - I know this because flame pios in retail can light up four rangers before the SMGs kill them, generally speaking. It's pretty brutal - Elite Infantry armor suffered from that problem too (I love facing panzer elite with my churchill croc before the armor type change Sad)

Anyway, point is, KCH armor type is amazing, and Ranger armor type is amazing... but not cyborg terminator invincible armor like KCH have. They'll generally take a tiny bit less damage from regular bullets, but KCH can survive in critical situations like snipers, artillery, or tanks far better.

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2009, 10:50:39 pm »

That's another part of the problem, panzer, they make changes without saying anything. I guess that also answers Mgallun. EIRR buffed the zook out the ass, and even if Relic nerf it a bit, its still a lot better.

As for Mal...well, maybe I'm just an unlucky fucker. It's not like I've gotten to test it much since EiRR has been down for awhile.

Panzerjager knows what we change - he does quite a few changes himself Wink

Hes meaning, 'We changed Zooks?' - Not that He or I am aware Wink

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2009, 03:07:37 am »

I don't see how they are suddenly OP when they've been like this ever since EIRR was released.
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2009, 03:47:17 am »

They aren't suddenly OP, they always have been. It just came to my mind again, when i saw a guy, with a damn bad gameplay but Vet Rangers cut through everything. No need for micro or anything.

Vet makes those unkillable. And yes, KCH may have better armor but seriously they got less firepower than rangers and tend to die earlier than rangers, both cost nearly the same.

And I'm not complaining about bazookas, i never mentioned those, it's the thompsons that make them become the ToV Heroes from the campaign.

Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2009, 04:06:23 am »

It seems like your issue is the ranger veterancy then, not the ranger unit it self.
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2009, 05:08:45 am »

I'd say a little something from both of it. Recieved Accuracy is a pain in the ass against Rangers.
Schultz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2009, 05:32:52 am »

I'd say a little something from both of it. Recieved Accuracy is a pain in the ass against Rangers.
Also making rangers having no zooks kinda adds up to the problem at least munition wise. Smg rangers are like the easiest unit to vet. A child can do it. And at vet 3 they rock your sox.
How many vet 3 kch have you seen ? You have to see things in proportion to what they fight. Kch's role has been diminished, since the abundance of long range weapons that will kill them. Brens, rifle nades, bars, piats. Go charge into them. Seriously the comparison is ridiculous.
DemonicTruism Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2009, 06:30:20 am »

Actually, KCH vet less because they're just less versatile. Fire up increases the usefulness of AB and Rangers more than it first seems. It lets you outmaneuvre other forces so as to make best use of assault weapons, ignore machineguns and chase down fleeing vehicles.

There's also the whole fact that a KCH squad is 3 men, while a ranger squad is 6. Sure you can't kill them in one hit, but that's a lot less firepower.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2009, 06:48:15 am »

Well I guess there was a reason that Rangers were made to always come with zooks in old EIR.

Might have to have a look at them at some point for 006.
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2009, 07:02:32 am »

every fucking noob (and we have mainly noobs playing coh) cant vet them up, even tym and mgallun

rangers and ABs got this slight nerf from the patch, but wheres the MG42 change? or some other changes?.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 07:10:26 am by aloha622 » Logged

Warlight Offline
Donator

« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2009, 07:19:48 am »

every fucking noob (and we have mainly noobs playing coh) cant vet them up, even tym and mgallun

rangers and ABs got this slight nerf from the patch, but wheres the MG42 change? or some other changes?.

Huh? 

Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2009, 07:48:47 am »

Huh? 

tym or I must have killed some of his stuff with rangers or something. lol.  couldnt tell ya becuase he plays with so many smurf names.

Warlight Offline
Donator

« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2009, 08:34:12 am »

Not to get too off topic, he does play right?  I just played Brad the other day for the first time, and wouldn't have noticed it if he hadn't been on vent.

Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2009, 08:36:20 am »

Not to get too off topic, he does play right?  I just played Brad the other day for the first time, and wouldn't have noticed it if he hadn't been on vent.

ya Aloha plays, but he always has a smurf name, as i am sure if he used aloha nobody would play with him since 99% of this community doesnt care for him.. who knows.
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2009, 08:41:09 am »

If anyone wants to have alook:
http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?topic=9041.msg157281;topicseen#new

Minute 30.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2009, 10:04:15 am »

Well I guess there was a reason that Rangers were made to always come with zooks in old EIR.

Might have to have a look at them at some point for 006.

nah, the zooks in the old EIRR were what made them barely cost effective.... if you want to make the smgs more expensive (when they dont have zooks) thats ok..... like 160mu.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2009, 10:08:40 am »

Non-bazooka rangers were problematic back in the days because at that time Europe in Ruins no longer had an availability mechanism in place and the infantry doctrine offered a whole tree that specifically 'buffed' rangers and/or made them (and their upgrades) cheaper.

People spammed them like mad, it was incredibly effective thus they were given bazookas again from start.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 10:20:13 am by Unkn0wn » Logged
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2009, 10:14:33 am »

ya, its not like they are pure spamable now for free.. you get 4 of them for free and if you want Thompsons it costs 560mun.. so it aint cheap.. imho, in my noobness unthompson rangers are a waste, but thats just me, i have seen other better players use them well with just zooks or grenandes.. but i cant seem to make em work that way. 

Currently i have 4 with Thompsons and Zooks.. you do the math, ya they do a good job, but iam paying for it too.
Pak75mm Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2009, 10:15:37 am »

another reason why i vet hunt. out of all units in game the last thing you wanna see is a vet 3 ranger blob.
Scyn Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2009, 11:04:40 am »

Quote from: Mgallun74 link=topic=9059.msg157298#msg157298

Currently i have 4 with Thompsons and Zooks.. you do the math, ya they do a good job, but iam paying for it too.
[/quote

Solution to this problem - Vet 3 Dual LMG42 Grens - They friggin tear rangers up.

God is a genetically induced obsession that we interpret in such a way as to maintain our obedience.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc