Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 18, 2024, 11:29:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Today at 02:40:48 pm]

[October 14, 2024, 02:38:41 pm]

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Wher] Assault nades, do they need a price change?  (Read 10135 times)
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« on: April 27, 2009, 04:28:04 pm »

The old assault nades did a ton of damage and took out any blobs you came into contact with. But these new ones do more stunning then they do damage. I threw some at a tommy blob, and the blob that was supposedly stunned was still shooting at me with it's bren. I think these need to be a little bit cheaper, or do you just use them differently then before to have them have a greater effect?

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 04:51:50 pm »

In vCOH I saw them stun and rape at the same time, quite disturbing.
(And they prevent retreating, ultimate griefing)
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 05:26:55 pm »

True... they may even need a price increase tbh <3.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 05:49:42 pm »

I do believe the bren squad shooting me from before was a glitch, because this game my assault nades did great work on the rifles they hit, or maybe brits are more immune to them.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 06:23:36 pm »

If anything the Assault nades would need a price increase. As with the price increase for the Armoured car and Infantry halftrack. The new version of assault nades cannot drop a unit below 1hp, which ultimately is irrelevant because the squads continues firing while assaulting. The stun effect affects a larger area then the grenade damage itself and can trash multiple squads(even without blobbing) All it takes is 1 nade to land a little further back and it will stun an entirely separate squad then the one targeted and the effects of being stunned usually mean death because you retreat slower aswell.

What i don;t get is why relic changed G43 slow to not affect retreating units but introduced stun that does...

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2009, 06:48:57 pm »

The new assault nades are ridiculous.  It used to be you could sometimes avoid assault by running away.  The stun range on the new nades makes that impossible.
CommanderHolt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2009, 08:58:55 pm »

Although I like for the ability to punish blobs of infantry, It is still ridiculous that it can still break suppression and pin to use the ability which means there is almost no way to counter the ability without literally killing them one by one.

In short, Yes I think assault nades should get a price increase.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 09:01:06 pm by CommanderHolt » Logged
rommelrules Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2009, 09:43:59 pm »

i have not used assualt nades much nor have i used them myself but wat i have seen is that a unit is stunned and unless ur silly and have all ur units blobbed together there not going to completely.

bren squads i have seen glitch heaps, it is really anoying cause u find  that u pin a squad of em and the bren just keeps going and pins u it is rediculous,

RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2009, 11:41:20 pm »

i have not used assualt nades much nor have i used them myself but wat i have seen is that a unit is stunned and unless ur silly and have all ur units blobbed together there not going to completely.

bren squads i have seen glitch heaps, it is really anoying cause u find  that u pin a squad of em and the bren just keeps going and pins u it is rediculous,

ok glad it wasn't just me that's seen the brens behaving strange.
rommelrules Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2009, 02:46:56 am »

lol worst was a bren squad crawling away and the bren still firing at my mg which had it pined which that got my mg supressed as it manage to crawl away still firing, it ended up killing the gunner letting them fall back :S
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2009, 02:58:21 am »

It is still ridiculous that it can still break suppression and pin to use the ability which means there is almost no way to counter the ability without literally killing them one by one.

Although it looks like they take more damage when they are in Assault mode. When they stand up more bullets will hit them.

BigDick
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2009, 03:10:05 am »

on volks its a 70 munition ability where nuklear pineapples are what? 30 0r 35 munitions

next is that the bar is same price that can pin a 360 area and do huge damage when not on suppression

and the thing with bren tommies is no glitch they shred infantry to pieces doesn't matter if they are crawling on the ground
assault nades have an equal effect on brit infantry with the difference that tommies have much hp (don't die to them quick) and when they have a bren they shred your squads until you can throw more than 1 or 2 nades

tommies with bren and leutnant is a killing machine
rommelrules Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2009, 05:06:12 am »

lol yes best defence against tat is puma (not upgunned) orostwind both with the support of assault stormies,

but yer assualt nades don't do much to them. i hate that and i hate the continues button, if u up the price of assualt i swear u better do the same for the vehicle button i swear that is a uber hax somehow but it pisses me of Sad
BradAnderson Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2009, 08:47:30 am »

A good change could possibly making the sqaud when its taking part in the assault process no longer get suppresion and health buffs.
Dragon2008 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2009, 09:09:32 am »

Well before the patch the assault nades where not worth the MU because most smart players just move thier units away and the only time they are actully effective is against stationary units like in building/ mortars/MGs or arti. Now it more useful cos enemy units can't run away and they get stunned giving the assualting unit a chance to get wat it deserves. It's actully a good anti-blob tactic cos it will stop the blob in its tracks givin you time to move a MG and motar into position or bring up an anti inf vehicle.

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1100T @ 3.3ghz
RAM: 4GB
Motherboard: ASUS M5A99X (EVO)
Graphics Card: ATI HD 6970 2GB
Hard Drive: 1TB
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2009, 09:20:38 am »

In vCOH I saw them stun and rape at the same time, quite disturbing.
(And they prevent retreating, ultimate griefing)

its 70 mun for volks which get faster raped by brens than they can throw any nade...

Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2009, 11:17:59 am »

A good change could possibly making the sqaud when its taking part in the assault process no longer get suppresion and health buffs.

I believe that this is already the case. Could be wrong though.
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2009, 07:35:04 pm »

on volks its a 70 munition ability where nuklear pineapples are what? 30 0r 35 munitions

next is that the bar is same price that can pin a 360 area and do huge damage when not on suppression

and the thing with bren tommies is no glitch they shred infantry to pieces doesn't matter if they are crawling on the ground
tommies with bren and leutnant is a killing machine

You can easilly dodge a pineapple, you cannot dodge assault.

Bar suppression doesnt break you out of suppression and rape the MG suppressing you.   Nor does it allow you to pwn 2 squads.

Bren tommy glitch is just a visual bug.  They don't do more damage.  Its been this forever.

Uh, so tommies with a LMG upgrade and an officer which combined costs as much as two LMG grenadier squads is a killing machine?  You dont say.... Roll Eyes
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2009, 10:09:32 pm »

You can dodge them, go into a house while they are trying to throw the damned ability goes away, retarded.
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2009, 10:19:13 pm »

You can dodge them, go into a house while they are trying to throw the damned ability goes away, retarded.

You are completely wrong. Many of my opponents thought the same and then got raped when my volks kept throwing nades at them garrisoned.  Its also rather difficult to do anything when one nade landing nowhere near the infantry casts lightning bolt on them and make them paralyzed with fear and crawl on the ground.

And by your logic you can avoid suppressive fire by hopping into a house too. And this actually works against suppressive fire, unlike assault.

Tales of Valor should be renamed Tales of Magic.   Where magical spells can stun tanks and infantry with a simple incantation.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 10:22:14 pm by gamesguy2 » Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc