Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 04:44:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WM Officer, not up to sratch.  (Read 10117 times)
HansVonLuk Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: April 30, 2009, 12:31:11 am »

After meeting many FOO based attack I thought it would be a good Idea too to have a look at the possiblitie of using an officer for defensive to see if you come get the same kind of results, answer in short not a chance!  Althought the Officer has a very accurate of map, it has nothing like the speed of FOO or the supression to hold unit in it blast radious and then maul them.  It is useful against ATG and SW but not infantry blobs, not like the FOO.  So if you lucky then you get a mortor or an ATG, but then you have to wait how long? 12mins is it? when i first check it was counting down from 800 and something.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 12:35:40 am »

It's not a matter of Officer 81mm mortar barrage not being up to scrath it's the matter of FOO being too damn good, everyone already knows it.

The Key differences being- 81mm vs 105mm. Foo you pay munitions for and use once. Officer can use his multiple times(dependent on user) In no way does vet change FOO but an officers vet can reduce the cooldown by 2 mins on mortar barrage.

As much as i'd love to see the mortar barrage changed. the problem clearly lies with FOO

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
HansVonLuk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 12:49:49 am »

Had a long winded verion but that got deleted.   Wink

Inconculsion

Defense as a docterine misses out on a good special unit. Terror Have KT and Ace, Blitz Has Tiger and Sturm Troopers. Def has the 88, nice but luft get that also, and the Officer?!? WTF!?!?! No stuka anymore, not that that was up to much any way.

The Officer needs his combat ability boosting as the revoler is laughable.  This can be done in two ways.  Allow him to pick weapons up off the ground, same as a LT or Captain.  Also giving him the same suviablity as a LT, officer is classed as infantry where as Lt is classed as Heroic Infantry.  This is not OP, just a nice tweek.  There a LMG on the floor why cannt he use it?

Change the cool down or limit the ammount of use of the off map.  As in a game at the moment I think the cool down is 12 mins, I maybe wrong.   So at present the Officer,if he started the game and dropped the barrage in the first few minutes and then survived the whole battle, he would get 3 uses(2+12+12+12= 38, average games around 45 mins).  Well 3 possibley 4 (vet 3 officer) uses in a whole game you say, what a bagain you Might think.  But not really, 3 pop for 3 uses isnt that bad for 210 munitions, but it doesnt hit that often agianst Blobs, they see it coming and can move out of the way, moblie infantry might take some damage but nothing to major unless already supress.  I dont think that its over priced, but I would happly pay more for better cool down time,  or even tuning it up for a one shot blast fast fall like fOO.  Dont get me wrong I dont dislike the Barrage just think that at present I will spent my munition on some thing more useful.   

I not asking for an artillery Lt for the WM, just an officer that can be of use on the field of conflict.  Im not asking for him to be put on steriods allowing him to rip apart tanks with his swiss army knife. Simply a little look into how the Officer could be impoved, and so make the class an interessing propersition and maybe, god forbit an enjoyment to play with.

I do realize that the problem is that the officer in VCoH is little more than a speed builder and drops artilery occasionaly, but you dont really build units in EiRR.  So that leaves It being premarly a drop barrage unit, but as stated deosnt do that very well or often.  So Unless things change I dont see this unit being field much at all.

Hans
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 03:14:44 am by HansVonLuk » Logged
31stPzGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 01:30:57 am »

Despite the bad english, Hans is right. WM Officer is just for the fun factor of fantasizing about yourself leading on the battlefield Cheesy

200 munitions for a slow arty call in? Heh.
HansVonLuk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 01:32:30 am »

I modified it, hopefully I got the spelling mistakes sorted.  Roll Eyes
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 01:37:03 am »

I will agree that vetting the officer is hard because of his weapon, but he also has a 10% chance to instant kill any non heroic infantry from their full health. Changing his armour would require an overhaul to the unit as he has an INSANELY high hp value for a single man. so much so that he survives multiple sniper shots. giving him Heroic without addressing that would be broken.

I do agree he should be able to pick up field weapons though, so many times I've tried. When i had a defensive company i typically only used the barrage on MG's in houses. they cannot escape fast enough and die. Mortars generally are not a concern for Wehrmacht because of the superior Axis mortar but when your MG42 suppresses a squad or two it's a good time to drop the barrage, they either die or retreat. Trying to use it on mobile units is just a waste. Unless of course your goal is making yellow cover in open fields.

He also gets supervise, which adds 35% accuracy and damage to any unit...
Rocksitter Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2009, 02:14:38 am »

I agree, myself I purchased my officer with my reinforcement because I like them most would say that Iam crazy for wasting PP on him but oh well he does get supervision on fixed units (I wish he could move and use it) and he gets a MP44 or MP40 when he reaches vet 2 but I also think he should be able to pick up weapons...

His off map is hit or miss do to the time it takes to drop so like has been posted mobile units just move out of the way, it would be nice to hit blobs with it but that takes a miracle...

One other thing be careful when getting him in position to use his off map...

Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2009, 02:47:54 am »

I myself, with the highest vetted Officer in EiR *cough cough*, do agree that FOO is a tad to strong.

But the key to kill a blob is not aiming to kill him, but rather to scare him off the field.
If a blob comes your way, get a MG or something to suppress it up. Support that with anything that looks scary.
If the blob is suppressed then use your Officer arty partly on/ partly behind them. They only have three possibilites now.
Charge the front into the MG or run back into the arty(don't forget Heroic charge from brits here). Most of them will choose number three: retreat.

Doesn't work everytime but often. Oh and another question, when the Officer has EliteArmor, how does that affect his survivability against snipers and other shit. I mean can he get one hitted now?

gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2009, 03:06:18 am »

I will agree that vetting the officer is hard because of his weapon, but he also has a 10% chance to instant kill any non heroic infantry from their full health. Changing his armour would require an overhaul to the unit as he has an INSANELY high hp value for a single man. so much so that he survives multiple sniper shots. giving him Heroic without addressing that would be broken.

I do agree he should be able to pick up field weapons though, so many times I've tried. When i had a defensive company i typically only used the barrage on MG's in houses. they cannot escape fast enough and die. Mortars generally are not a concern for Wehrmacht because of the superior Axis mortar but when your MG42 suppresses a squad or two it's a good time to drop the barrage, they either die or retreat. Trying to use it on mobile units is just a waste. Unless of course your goal is making yellow cover in open fields.

He also gets supervise, which adds 35% accuracy and damage to any unit...

He already has heroic armor.  If he could pick up weapons, that would be all thats needed I think.
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2009, 03:13:14 am »

He already has heroic armor.  If he could pick up weapons, that would be all thats needed I think.

Until he hits Vet2. Then he will have Elitearmor and a MP40. But honestly, the MP40 doesn't really help. Now if it was an STG44, then it would of course help a lot Wink
31stPzGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2009, 04:08:41 am »

MP40 doesn't do much? You LIE! Hmm, seems like I need to play defensive to try out that uber vet 2 officer. I better spam officers so I can get one to vet 2 muahahhaha.
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2009, 04:12:35 am »

it shouldnt be a fight machine but a support machine
needs also heroic charge like LTs have
the barrage should be like 70-80 mun or less caus its only effective against infantry, FOO is good against everything

Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2009, 06:01:13 am »

it shouldnt be a fight machine but a support machine
needs also heroic charge like LTs have
the barrage should be like 70-80 mun or less caus its only effective against infantry, FOO is good against everything

That's a valid point there. Officer barrage only hurts infantry and at most small vehicles, whereas FOO really destroys anything. You should raise the price of FOO to Officer price and make it a cooldown ability.
That way FOO Lts won't be spammed just for the arty.
Draken Offline
Chess master
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2009, 08:29:16 am »

I think that WM officer should get buff on his barrage maybe -2 mins at every vet level?
Mp 40 on vet 2 seems fair, and imo officer with lmg will look stupid, he wasn't a frontline soldier...

brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2009, 09:27:32 am »

If it's true that he STARTS with heroic armour then why the hell would i want elite armour at vet 2? that seems like a backwards step
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2009, 09:41:43 am »

If it's true that he STARTS with heroic armour then why the hell would i want elite armour at vet 2? that seems like a backwards step

It would only be good if it combines the best things from both armor types.
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2009, 11:40:35 am »

Elite Armor has very little advantage over Heroic. It's more vulnerable to flamethrower damage, it gets critted easier, and gives you like a 5% reduced incoming accuracy over Heroic armor. No point in making a new armor type, heroic is simply the best followed by elite.

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
HansVonLuk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2009, 12:05:37 pm »

I think that WM officer should get buff on his barrage maybe -2 mins at every vet level?
Mp 40 on vet 2 seems fair, and imo officer with lmg will look stupid, he wasn't a frontline soldier...

I like the vet buff nice.  at vet 3 then  he could get a barrage every 6 mins, notthing to OPbconsidering it compair to orther arty.

But he would look stupud with an lmg?  The Captain and the LT can do it why cant the Officer do ice, he an officer Im sure he would know how to use it.  Wink

brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2009, 12:19:04 pm »

Officer knowing how to use an LMG? HA HA ohh man From a realism perspective... the Lt and capt shouldn't be able to touch them either. lol

I think the officer looks badass with his pistol, and i like it, it's too complicated to keep the pistol but increase the damage output because then that affects Pak's too. would be nice though. The armour change really does seem like a step backwards and i don't think i like it. Maybe remove the vet 2 change to infantry armour elite. Drop the vet 3 change of health +15% to vet to and make it so that at vet 3 his supervise becomes an aura? same piss poor range as it is currently except he affects multiple units that bunch near him?

Another idea.
Is it possible to funnel LoS sort of like the way a recon plane reveals in a line? except have it only reach so far?

Because you could give him a Binocular ability where you target the ground and he faces that direction with increased LoS towards that point(but in a line, not a circle) give it an appropriate cooldown to prevent constant spamming. But make it so that it ends when you move the officer. it would make him better as a support unit with the Supervise, the offmap mortars and then a spotting ability.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 12:42:56 pm by brn4meplz » Logged
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2009, 12:31:18 pm »

I like the idea of that binocular ability - it'd make him even better at supporting your army for his already rather high munitions cost.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc