Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 06, 2024, 05:26:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: elitist mod  (Read 7370 times)
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« on: May 01, 2009, 04:16:34 am »

EIR has become too much of a elitist mod where new players get stomped to oblivion.

not to mention the 30/5/5 players stacking vs 0/5/5 guys....

EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 04:19:49 am »

Im sorry you feel that way nugnugx, at some times, there are only those players available (high wins / games vs low wins / games)

I hope some of the newer players will comment how they feel.

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Nevyen Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 04:20:59 am »

Thanks for your opinion and taking the time to bring this to our attention.  

We continue to endevour to understand player concerns and of course are working hard to provide benifits such as "battle advanatages" (currently in implemtation process), based on player rank as well as "doctrine advantages" based on player army.

Additionally we will continue to use such feedback as yours to mould the community so it can embrance all levels of players skill and understanding of the complex nature that is EIR.

best regards

NEV

nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 04:28:42 am »

Im sorry you feel that way nugnugx, at some times, there are only those players available (high wins / games vs low wins / games)

I hope some of the newer players will comment how they feel.

that wouldn't be the problem if they would mix  the 2 stacked players with 1 new and 1 old on both sides , but they simply do not want to play with the new guy
#Freek Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 08:31:18 am »

I'm the first to admit that I'd prefer not to play with more noobs on my team than the enemies' team, but I have played in a goodly number of stacked games recently. 

Granted, I'm am not a godly player, and a few games of my 5 loss streak [currently at 2 wins, 6 losses, 1 drop] were certainly lost by me [I crashed during one lol].

I won't name names, but during a certain game, we were waiting for 1 allied player.  I saw an experienced/really good allied guy who was free, so I started yelling for him in chat.  Then the game host, who was axis told me to stop since 'he wasn't going to play with him'.

In that particular game, there were 2 OK axis, 1 really good axis, 1 newer axis vs me [I'd guess I'm OK], another OK dude, and a newer guy.  If the player I tried to invite had joined, it would've been as even as it could've been.  If having your axis control freak [no pun intended] host tell you who can and cannot join your team... don't play with them, period.

If you're that Axis dude, clean up your act man, it's just a game.
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2009, 08:37:18 am »

iam not the good either... last night i was in a game waiting for a allied player, one of the other players in my game asked a few, one of these guys openly said on launcher about the post i made about losing and stuff and said he doesnt want to join because of it..

yaaaaaaaaaa..

Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2009, 09:27:55 am »

Honestly, you better start playing with newcomers, because most of the good players are a pain in the ass to play with. Most of them rather babysit their units.

Rocksitter Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2009, 10:50:20 am »

I think I have the worst record in EIR this time around before the reset my record was better closer to 500 or 50% but I will say that I will play against or with  anyone just to get a game even players that Spam or Stack the odds ..

The best thing to do is find a group that you can have fun playing with and try to get on the same time that they play games I know its not always easy but it does work...

I have a bigger problem with spammers than stackers I look at all the players taking the best costing units for the punch and spamming the hell out of underpriced units  ... So really its Spam or die ..

Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2009, 11:08:19 am »

iam not the good either... last night i was in a game waiting for a allied player, one of the other players in my game asked a few, one of these guys openly said on launcher about the post i made about losing and stuff and said he doesnt want to join because of it..

yaaaaaaaaaa..

My apologies Mgallun, but that was a stacked game you were in, and on top of all the evidence I provided to prove Lt. apollo that it was, your post just happened to be mentioned because you were waiting in the game.

Didnt mean anything by it, but a 4vs4 is just to big a game to adequately provide help to a team of low players.

Im not going to jump into a sure axis rape fest when I know that I cant change the outcome. But that doesnt stop me from playing with newer players.

Ask freak, a few posts up, we played 2vs2 games yesterday, had noob advantages in all of them and we won because I could talk and coordinate moves with him on a personal level, and we ended up outcapping the axis with engineers and a sniper.

That game you were in was a sure thing the last time I looked at it, it was 1 in the morning, and I was just in no mood to corrdinate like that.

nothing personal man, my apologies

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2009, 11:21:10 am »

I think the only legit excuse for not playing with new players is they refuse to get on vent. if they don't want to get on vent, then it's a waste because it's hard to show them anything. but keep in mind not all new players are bad. well i remember a time when I was playing with this new guy named mr. killer344 and it was only his first or second game, we were taking on a team that was something like unknown and chefartz (im not suggesting they were stacking, that's just the game that happened to be open), and now look at killer, one of the most feared players. i guess the problem mainly are people who got CoH JUST to play EiR and it's really hard to explain everything to them since they don't have a basic understanding of vcoh.

then of course there is the fact that we don't have 1v1s, hmm i wonder if it would be possible for the devs to make a mode where the game simply doesn't count. so you could get a group of players to play without having to worry about losing units, plus even if you lose everything, your battalion screen will look the same as it did before you started, which would make it easier to take out the stuff you didn't need or don't like.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
31stPzGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2009, 11:21:42 am »

Players stacking games are one thing which you can never change but only mitigate the damage as much as possible.

Right now, at least there are some "offmap advantages" which you can get which are rather useful only when used correctly. I would consider myself a rather experienced player and I'll say that the smoke barrage and the military intelligence is phenomenally powerful. However, give these things to a newbie... its as good as useless anyway.

No offence, its a step in the right direction although ineffective. However I did very much enjoyed my 4 uses of military intelligence xD. For new players, they really need something other than these advantages.

What you need is to reduce the steep learning curve of EiRR by providing guidance to these new players, avenue and people for them to approach. New players themselves will also have to bear in mind, they are expected to read the manual and get ventrilo for themselves to qualify for any help at all.

Teaching new players to play, takes a lot of effort and patience. Playing against stacked teams doesn't help at all. I have mentioned before, the most optimal solution, is to play a 2v2 pick up game, 1 good player + 1 noob, against 1 good player + 1 noob. Equal learning opportunity for all.

That being sad, I do notice some potentially good upcoming players. At the end of the day we got to understand that not everyone wants to be a 1337 player and that there will always be a skill difference between those who really dedicate their time to gaming and those who decides to spend their time elsewhere.

If you do not spend time to learn to play this game, or be better at micro in coh, or understand coh game mechanics, you'll always be a noob.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2009, 11:47:58 am »

I feel it's entirely the other way around. I will play against or with new players regardless of their skill, I just want games. When I was new to EiR it was the same, I played against anyone just for the experience to get better. Now I've got people avoiding playing against me. But the sickening part is that the same people who will avoid playing against me have no problem playing with me. You shouldn't be able to have it both ways. New players to the game see an open slot and join, they don't know words like stacking or ratio's it's experienced players who fall into the mediocre category who throw those around.

The other thing is that the moment most people see 2 good players in a game it's automatically a stack. Ohh watch out! they hosted their own game and people joined it, but their stackers!!!! There are times when you see a game in the launcher filled with Good player 1-6 and people go ohh that will be a good game save that replay. I think most players who would consider themselves good at EiRR have way more fun from a challenging game then a stomp.

Another thing is that some players are friends and like to play together. the difference between decent and good players as friends is that if your friends as good players(Me and Scyn play together alot and we get called OP and crazy scary[thanks for the ego stroke]) then your team stacking. where as if it's decent or bad players as friends nobody cares. Why? the answer is either you suck, or it will be a challenging game for someone on your skill level.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2009, 02:05:36 pm »

There are times when you see a game in the launcher filled with Good player 1-6 and people go ohh that will be a good game save that replay. I think most players who would consider themselves good at EiRR have way more fun from a challenging game then a stomp.

Well said Brn, those games are what EiR is all about! You just can't beat the intensity of a close game.

-Wind
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 02:09:23 pm by BoldasLove » Logged

Vermillion Hawk: Do you ever make a post that doesnt make you come across as an extreme douchebag?

Just sayin'
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2009, 03:32:04 pm »

I'm a good player, I try to find other good players to play with. A lot of them are scared a lot of the time if they get stuck with a newer teammate and I don't blame them - losing is just plain less fun than winning.

However, I always shoot for roughly balanced games because they're epic.

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2009, 03:34:10 pm »

I'm a good player, I try to find other good players to play with. A lot of them are scared a lot of the time if they get stuck with a newer teammate and I don't blame them - losing is just plain less fun than winning.

However, I always shoot for roughly balanced games because they're epic.

People should really meet at the same time and make an epic 4v4.

Btw whats your skinpack doing Cheesy
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2009, 05:31:04 pm »

I've been a bit busy to get that censored version out as soon as I could have, I'll probably get it up over the weekend Smiley
rommelrules Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2009, 05:49:18 pm »

yer but there is also an unwillingness of good players not joining a game which only needs another player to start and his is the only other opponent, i mean cmon 1 loss on your perfet 20/2/4 or somthing rekordd and u won't help out to make a game cause ur pritty shure u gonna lose >.>, the fact is if u play with these guys and help em out then maybe u might beat them i mean if u got a score like that u must be a realy good player Tongue
Two Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2009, 05:56:55 am »

Or you just stack against newbs and get that score Wink

IplayForKeeps: if we were an equation
IplayForKeeps: it would be
IplayForKeeps: two = keeps
IplayForKeeps: i only have 1 friend
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2009, 06:04:21 am »

Right now, at least there are some "offmap advantages" which you can get which are rather useful only when used correctly. I would consider myself a rather experienced player and I'll say that the smoke barrage and the military intelligence is phenomenally powerful. However, give these things to a newbie... its as good as useless anyway.

The idea behind them is not to give poorer players an advantage, but players who play 'less often' than others.  Thus dont have the invested PPs in their armies.

I cant help new players with code, and I cant fix retardation - but I can make the gap between equally *skilled* players less of an issue with this addition (which is its intention)  Shocked
perfil02 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2009, 06:18:00 am »

There isn't any problem at loosing a game right now, you get some PP and don't loose any experience unless you loose your units (and that's you fault not your noob-mates fault).
So maybe if the "WIN" "LOOSE" stats weren't showed, those who considere themselves "pros" would play with new players more often.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc