Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 04:26:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PE] PG upgrades  (Read 4482 times)
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« on: May 04, 2009, 02:02:39 pm »

The devs figured out a way to give the PG their upgrades on a per squad basis with advanced repairs and squad upgrade, but it would be interesting to see if the rest of the PG upgrades could be fit in as well.

I was thinking it would be possible to do the other abilities on a per squad basis too.

Field craft, in vcoh this allows your PG to capture faster and to spot mines when standing still. Well in EiRR we could make it cost 20 muni and make it like the PG have a mine detector, no standing around to spot them.

Group Zeal, in vcoh it makes units tougher depending on how many PGs there are, by man, not by squad. Here is a description of it http://coh-stats.com/Ability:Group_Zeal , well in EIRR give it a muni cost, and make it so squads with group zeal benefit from being around each other, we could tweak the benefits group zeal does with the cost of the ability to find a balance, should it have low benefits but be cheaper which would allow it to be used on more squads, or have good benefits and something you only put on 2-4 of your favorite squads?

Vet Sgt, in vcoh this makes PG harder to suppress and lets them vet up faster. Well lets replace the extra vet with something like, harder to hit. Same thing slap a muni cost with it.

Could also consider giving these abilities MP costs as well as muni costs, or maybe a combination of both depending on what they would be doing.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 02:08:01 pm »

+1

Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 02:13:09 pm »

Some of those are slated for doctrine abilities.
That's the thing with PE mind you, it's only when their doctrine abilities come into play that you will see their full potential.
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 03:20:12 pm »

Yar, group zeal sounds like a doctrine ability to me. Field craft sounds interesting, though.

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
Warlight Offline
Donator

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2009, 04:10:50 pm »

I wonder if they could get the abuility to turn a building into a field berraks, however its spelled, For healing too.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2009, 04:49:46 pm »

they already have the best healing unit though. would be an interesting concept though, rather then building your healing unit like brits or US, you'd have to find a suitable building to turn into one, but just imagine if you made a church your heal spot, it would be a bit OP.
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2009, 05:33:17 pm »

PE already spot mines don't they?Huh  (you have to be stationary)

Not many of the upgrades could really be implemented, it would be hard.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2009, 05:39:13 pm »

Combine the Vet Sgt with Group Zeal. You upgrade the squad to a Vet Sgt (needs icon over head to make him stand out) and he provides a Group Zeal Aura around the squad.  Give the bastard an MP40 for fun unless the squad is upgraded to STG44's.

So its like the the Brit officers but its a squad upgrade, and only the Vet Sgt that gives it (the guy in the squad, hopefully he doesn't get ganked by a tank or a lucky AT gun round).

Adds some character, gives a much needed boost to PE infantry, and follows the flavor of the PE well.

Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2009, 05:48:11 pm »

Combine the Vet Sgt with Group Zeal. You upgrade the squad to a Vet Sgt (needs icon over head to make him stand out) and he provides a Group Zeal Aura around the squad.  Give the bastard an MP40 for fun unless the squad is upgraded to STG44's.

So its like the the Brit officers but its a squad upgrade, and only the Vet Sgt that gives it (the guy in the squad, hopefully he doesn't get ganked by a tank or a lucky AT gun round).

Adds some character, gives a much needed boost to PE infantry, and follows the flavor of the PE well.

Something like this would be awesome, though I'd go for an MP44 instead of an MP40 - goes with the PE's character of being the "best of the best" (and thus best equipped, even if MP40 is similar to MP44 in damage output).
panzerjager1943 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2009, 05:59:22 pm »

MP40s will also not show up on Panzer Grenadiers. They do not have the model loaded in their .abp.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2009, 06:07:15 pm »

Then an STG 44, with an associated price. 80mp 70mu or something like that to upgrade the squad? Makes the upgrade total around the same price as the LT.
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2009, 06:14:38 pm »

100MP, 50 mun if it really works as a LT
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2009, 06:15:54 pm »

It gives defensive buffs, is not its own individual, and has an STG44. So costs more MU, but less MP.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2009, 07:19:34 pm »

How about we wait until the doctrines are added? I think these are doc abilities will work, then again, these are bought so...i dunno. Gonna have a lot of similar docs for 3 sides until you make different ones for each side

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Lt_Apollo Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2009, 08:12:01 pm »

you do know that the mp40 can be added to anyunit by adding a simple line to the APP file. this is the same with flamethroughers and all weapons. (learned this in my experments with APP files as part of my skinning experaments)

EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2009, 10:22:45 pm »

Definately some nice ideas in here.

Keep em coming!

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
BigDick
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2009, 01:40:05 am »

though I'd go for an MP44 instead of an MP40 - goes with the PE's character of being the "best of the best" (and thus best equipped, even if MP40 is similar to MP44 in damage output).

you would have to replace almost all units of PE for this

but since i do not want to be an all time grumbler i add some suggestions to start with to make PE infantry some kind of more useful

- give tankbuster grens infantry armor again and raise their HP in trade of (sice tanks ignore armor type and that 165 HP squads will be instant raped by everything)

- basic PE PG grens could stay on this low 165 HP but buff their repair rates massively so that they can fullfill their role as mechanized infantry that favors combined arms and can fix all that haltracks
this change favor combined arms and not blobbing of pzgrens

there could be some more but actually im not that a fan of stats changes and new units (compared to vCOH) like the OMG mod does....
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 02:50:12 am by BigDick » Logged
VariantThirteen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2009, 05:44:27 am »

I wasn't a fan of it in vEiR either, but Brits and PE are conceptually flawed. They need big changes and overhauls to even work as factions.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2009, 02:26:05 pm »

I think AT PE should be able to repair, I mean they simply are very non-threatening on the battlefield and I think PE could use the extra healing, I mean you don't see them engage in any combat other then against vehicles because even engs will put the hurt on them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc