Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 09:36:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Abilities cost pp? Why not cooldown like they used to be?  (Read 15081 times)
HansVonLuk Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: May 29, 2009, 04:05:07 am »

ablitie uses such as inspired assault and for the farther land, why are they not timer based like they used to be?  At  the moment why would pp be spent on them to get extra uses, when you could get extra off maps?  I think this needs to change, bring back the cool down and once more these will be used as a intrigual part of the docterines.
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 04:19:41 am »

Honestly, i have the same opinion about these things, it used to be restricted per Cooldown, because nobody is gonna buy those abilities, instead everyone will go for the off maps.

But i can see that having it PP based is better for things like Field Repairs, at last when it goes to restricting it.
Mixed feelings here.

HansVonLuk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 05:11:29 am »

field repair used to be limited i think, where as the less op abilties where time based cool down.  Why go for an abiltie when you get off map?  armoured dont get off maps so no issue there.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 05:29:45 am »

That is correct - FTFL and IA were timer based, 7 for FTFL, 20 for IA and 6 for super-IA(what was it, ferocity?).
Used to be great, but yeah, I'd rather grab a firestorm than an IA. Rocket arty > FTFL too.

Leafedge Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009, 07:27:59 am »

Ferocity was 8 minutes, not 6. I used it extensively. Anyway, the current system is bad because it gives much more of an advantage to people who have spent weeks straight stomping noobs. Even if they aren't any good, they will have companies unbeatable by even very good players. You should unlock an ability and then be able to use it. However much you want. You shouldn't be penalized for using the abilities you bought in the first place.

In the old EiR, you had to play a few games o get your company working well, but for good players, this could be as little as 2-3 games, at the very most 10. Now a good player has to play an absolute minimum of 20-30 games just to get a competent company. It really sucks, and even then, they won't be able to offmap spam like the guys who have 100 game companies.

And as one last note...take precision arty out of the game. The whole concept is flawed. Blitz has always been known for its lack of artillery. It is strong everywhere else, but has no artillery support to aid its stronger than average infantry and tanks. However, now its retarded, as blitz has the best infantry, one of the best tanks, and by far the best artillery in the game. It's like a 3 second V1. Actually, it doesn't need to be taken out of the game, it just needs to be taken out of blitz. Give it to defensive or infantry or something. Those are actually supposed to have the best arty.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2009, 08:31:43 am »

We will be reworking off maps.
Pak75mm Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2009, 09:53:35 am »

i feel its a good pp sink. even i with lots of games right now have an average of 2-8pps left over. My company is pretty expensive considering im paying out the ass for storms and vet. Off maps i feel are rightly prized otherwise all you have is companies with pps out the ass and no real penalty for losing vet units or units that are oversupplies. trust me i gone nuts when  had surplus pp and its all gone now due mostly to losing oversupplied units or outstock units. There has to be a sink otherwise the pp system is flawed.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2009, 10:18:01 am »

Did you even read the discussion pak? Tongue.

When's the last time you saw FTFL being used?
Pak75mm Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2009, 10:33:42 am »

lulz i just skimmed over brosef lol
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2009, 05:20:25 pm »

i feel its a good pp sink. even i with lots of games right now have an average of 2-8pps left over. My company is pretty expensive considering im paying out the ass for storms and vet. Off maps i feel are rightly prized otherwise all you have is companies with pps out the ass and no real penalty for losing vet units or units that are oversupplies. trust me i gone nuts when  had surplus pp and its all gone now due mostly to losing oversupplied units or outstock units. There has to be a sink otherwise the pp system is flawed.

Says the guy with 170 games on his PE account and spams the maximum offmaps every game.

My companies average around 20-30 games, none of them have reinforcements, maybe 6-10 PP in vet total.   Oversupply units are an impossibility for me.

In old EIR I could be competative with just like 5 games, this current EIR its not possible to beat all those people with 100+ games and endless PP to spend on vet and offmaps.
Scyn Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2009, 05:38:10 pm »

You really can't complain then. If people only want to play one company that's completely their decision. And you should fear people with that many games, because obviously people work hard and by working I mean devoting a lot of time for what they've come to obtain. So people saying that they can't be competitive against someone with a buttload of games just seems kind of pissy to me.

Lets just make it so the people that have played 200 games have no advantage over jackasses trying to smurf or people recreating their companies. That's just brilliance there.. Then Persistence can be absolutely moot!

God is a genetically induced obsession that we interpret in such a way as to maintain our obedience.
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2009, 05:42:16 pm »

You really can't complain then. If people only want to play one company that's completely their decision. And you should fear people with that many games, because obviously people work hard and by working I mean devoting a lot of time for what they've come to obtain. So people saying that they can't be competitive against someone with a buttload of games just seems kind of pissy to me.

Lets just make it so the people that have played 200 games have no advantage over jackasses trying to smurf or people recreating their companies. That's just brilliance there.. Then Persistence can be absolutely moot!

There is an advantage to having 100 games, its called vet.

That should be the only advantage.  I can deal with vet, everyone dealt with it in original EIR too.    But I cant deal with vet and offmaps I can't afford.
Illegal_Carrot Offline
Global Moderator

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2009, 06:59:15 pm »

There is an advantage to having 100 games, its called vet.

That should be the only advantage.  I can deal with vet, everyone dealt with it in original EIR too.    But I cant deal with vet and offmaps I can't afford.
I have to agree with gamesguy here; Vet just makes units tougher, but still beatable, whereas offmaps allow you to eliminate enemy units/positions without any real thought or strategy.
I'd say nerf offmaps, but don't remove them. Increasing the spread, aswell as time it takes to actually drop, would still allow offmaps to force the enemy to reposition, or soften enemy defenses, but disallow them to be used as the enemy raping machines they are now.

Rifle87654: Give me reward points.
Brn4meplz: I'm drunk.
Bristiles Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2009, 08:08:52 pm »

I believe that the arty should
A) be nerfed
B) have a set limit and be partof the doctrine(partly already applies)
C) not cost PP

I hop if the devs are working out more estensive doctrines similar to the old EIR ones that arty will be used in much the same way it used to be. Veteran players should not be the only players who have arty. I dont have arty, and I really dont mind. I cant afford the PP. But it ticks me off when I get artyed by the vet thats already stomping my face in.

Also, take Precision arty and throw it in the trash can, its dumb.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2009, 08:53:53 pm »

I can deal with vet, everyone dealt with it in original EIR too.    But I cant deal with vet and offmaps I can't afford.

Then you will enjoy 006 Wink

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Pak75mm Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2009, 10:48:24 pm »

Says the guy with 170 games on his PE account and spams the maximum offmaps every game.

My companies average around 20-30 games, none of them have reinforcements, maybe 6-10 PP in vet total.   Oversupply units are an impossibility for me.

In old EIR I could be competative with just like 5 games, this current EIR its not possible to beat all those people with 100+ games and endless PP to spend on vet and offmaps.

spam the mad lulz. all that cost pps and most games i play now i have to make a decision on what offmaps to use do to low pps. Dont get any ideas that im floating PPS cuz im not. Losing units that are oversupplied and that cost pps to purchase is not all peachy. Losing vet 3 storms that cost me 6pps + 3PPs for vet 3 is 9 pps down the hole. You just cry well enough since you seem to be on the receiving end of them and the henschel and butter for lulz. Old Eir system sucked balls since vet was alot more important. Getting vet was alot harder and vet 3 units MADE A HUGE MARK. KCH at vet 3 anyone? i raped with my defensive company with extra health and FTFL, rocket arty and 88s. Dude dont cry more cuz the ass kicking is just as bad as it was in EiR of old and the ass kickings have not missed a beat. So dont cry about how its bad and 100 + games this and that. I play alot cuz i like to play and it also lets me tinker with company enough to were i fill now its the best i gotten so far. Go cry for another storms nerf while you are at it maybe you can cry for reverting back to old Eir system and see how bad it is to play a team with almost insane win ratios.
Pak75mm Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2009, 10:57:15 pm »

I believe that the arty should
A) be nerfed
B) have a set limit and be partof the doctrine(partly already applies)
C) not cost PP

I hop if the devs are working out more estensive doctrines similar to the old EIR ones that arty will be used in much the same way it used to be. Veteran players should not be the only players who have arty. I dont have arty, and I really dont mind. I cant afford the PP. But it ticks me off when I get artyed by the vet thats already stomping my face in.

Also, take Precision arty and throw it in the trash can, its dumb.

A) i cant hate em and it promotes people to actually use tactics and not blob like bumbling fools

B) There is a limit to most on my end i get 2 butters and 2 henschels thats 4 off maps costing me 3pps

C) There needs to be a PP sink otherwise people would run amok with ultra vetted companies that you children cry about so much and i havent seen any. The PP system gives the player tough choices going before going into battle. Do you vet tanks ? infantry? do you buy that extra tank that cost PPs? have fuel to spend for another? wanna spend 4 PPs for it? oh wait do i have enough PPs to buy off maps? but wait i need vet? shit....i gotta make hard choices. Will that Vet make more of impact than the Offmap? will that extra tank break the stalemate? shit like that makes going into a game a well thought out process well before you even launch.
Leafedge Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2009, 11:39:51 pm »

No the problem is that the game just isn't fun because you have to devote massive amounts of time before you can even start playing. It's like a grindfest MMO, only instead of having fun in a raiding party, you get to lose to idiots who just spam abilities you can't afford. It just takes way too fucking long to get a competent company now. Persistence is fun, but at the same time, it has to be possible for new players to win. It just isn't now, and not only that, it takes for fucking ever before you can. If each game averages to around 40 minutes, with another 20 of looking for games and the general process of bullshitting around that must go on for each game you play, it takes at least an hour for someone to get a game (and this is an underestimate), meaning someone has to devote over two straight days of time to EiRR to get a company with 50 games, enough to be competitive, and by that time, you are bored of playing that company. I know in the old EiR I would never stick with a company that long. By the time I have played that many games, I want to try something different. So, once you are done not having fun because your company can't compete with others, you get to not have fun because you are bored of doing the same thing every game. Awesome.
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2009, 02:17:19 am »

This reminds me of something else. I would recommend the devs to tell us 1 day before the next reset or so, because then we have enough time to advertise it on other sides. New guys will have greater chances then!
Lai Offline
Propaganda Minister

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2009, 05:57:05 am »

This reminds me of something else. I would recommend the devs to tell us 1 day before the next reset or so, because then we have enough time to advertise it on other sides. New guys will have greater chances then!

I agree with Bainy. And nice members will have time to make a teaser video!  Roll Eyes

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc