Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 10:45:39 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fix Med Packs  (Read 7749 times)
aloha623 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2009, 03:30:07 pm »

I lol'd hard.

i lol'd hard
aloha623 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2009, 03:31:27 pm »

There is such an obvious trend here.

US players: OMG Medkits imba they can be used in fights with -almost- no drawbacks!

Wehr player: OMG Triage imba they can heal 4 player's worth of units all game!

Going off of this, I'd say that they're probably balanced.

#yea i reallly dont know what they want, every new topic is about nerfing some stupid axis units/abilities
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2009, 04:14:59 pm »

The only problem with medkits is they are used aggressively/offensively. Healing/repairing should never benefit an attacking unit.

And just imagine what axis would say if I ran my rangers up and popped medkits in green cover  Roll Eyes

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2009, 04:37:49 pm »

The only problem with medkits is they are used aggressively/offensively. Healing/repairing should never benefit an attacking unit.

And just imagine what axis would say if I ran my rangers up and popped medkits in green cover  Roll Eyes

if u would only be able to use them defensively they would be underpowered/far too overpriced. (20 mun to heal my grens behind my lines? oO)

RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2009, 04:41:13 pm »

i could easily see a price decrease on medpacks if they had to be used defensively.
Blitzen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2009, 04:41:50 pm »

i think med packs are needed when fighting heavy allied troops.  without em, you'd lose way more engagements.  they help even out brens, rangers, commandos

Bullshit, only fags and girls dont like star wars Tongue
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2009, 04:45:45 pm »

I think it should be fair for both sides. If the medikits start to give negative modifers so should the triage. If healing up with Jägermeister and a enema increases damage taken to grens, then eating burgers at the triage should definitely debuff the american troops as well. In fact, if the triage was 1 pop and cheaper I would spam them and just keep building new ones farther and farther up the battlefield as long as I had indirect superiority (aka winning).

I think it should be a heads up if I say I would spam them ^^

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2009, 05:33:20 pm »

Good luck with that smokie, with 140 muni per triage, I'm sure you'll give up 6 thompsons on your rangers for 6 triages Wink.

Latios418 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2009, 05:41:38 pm »

He said if it was 1 pop and cheaper... =p

Anonymous 06/19/09(Fri)11:55 No.4931966

Is Akranadas in this thread? Fucker can't stop bragging about his "waifu taldeer" and cosplaying in an eldar farseer costume while shouting "Flithy monkeighs!" interspaced with random eldar gibberish.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2009, 05:45:54 pm »

2 unupgraded rifles under triage effect beats up a kch squad. The point is that you make a zone that he has to mortar or tank pwn the infantry out from, which sets up your own opportunities. Imo a large part of the game is tricking the other guy to playing your game and not his own, making him feel that his units are inadequate for dealing with what you have causing him to easier fall back etc

Anyways I don't buy alot of thompsons actually, they are only emergency anti inf in most situations. I do however spam 30 cals and zook rangers so healthy recrewing rifles and zook MANZ are important to me.

He said if it was 1 pop and cheaper... =p

And I did say this Wink

If debuffs make medikits go down in price the same could happen with the triage, possibly.
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2009, 05:52:16 pm »

No, the 006 patch increased the cost of medpacks and decreased the cost of triage so its balanced now.

Triage can heal everything from AT guns to riflemen.  Medpacks you only really give to grenadiers, storms, and KCH.   And you can only give them to 6 grens for the cost of a triage.

The downside is medpacks cost a lot more munitions, I think I spend something like 220 mun on medpacks in my smurf company.  

And the devs seems to think the medpacks should be used in combat.  Terror's t2 "patch and run" validates this fact because it only boosts medpacks in combat.    

Lets list the advantages and disadvantages of triage vs medpacks.

Triage:

1. Cheap.  120 munitions can and will heal 30 squads if not more including allied units.    

2. Versatile.  Can heal support weapons including the weapon itself.  AT gun/mortar parked next to a triage is much more resistant to mortars.   It is also not on a timer so you can rapidly heal, go fight, and heal again.

3. Immobile.   So it usually has to be placed in a defensible location and units have to walk back a little bit to get to it.   It also makes an obvious target for artillery

4. Limited combat use.  Except for aforementioned mortars and AT guns and things like howies, triages can't be used in combat.

Medpacks:

1. Expensive.   At 20 munitions each for infantry and 25 for KCH.  It adds up real fast.   Healing just 5 squads of grens and say 6 support weapons will cost 190 munitions.   Unlike triage which can heal dozens of squads for the same low cost.

2. Unit limited.  If you had a mortar with a medpack and it got decrewed and then recrewed, the medpack is gone.   On a triage this is the opposite.

3. On a timer.   CCS is on a timer and its only 80 mun.  Timer based healing is not as good because often times your troops will be damaged in between the cooldown and can't heal.

4. Mobile.  Medpacks heal on the fly so they don't have an obvious target for artying and troops don't have to walk back to heal.

5. Combat usage.  Medpacks can be used in combat to decent effectiveness.  However the slow is very bad if you are being overwhelmed(as you can't run away) or if there is a tank around, because it will crush all your slow infantry with ease.

IMO its balanced right now.  15 munitions was too cheap, 20/25 as it is right now is perfect.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 06:01:59 pm by gamesguy2 » Logged
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2009, 06:02:21 pm »

Btw gamesguy, your big experiment is hereby labeled a insignificant failfly - I can see Somaliaman has a lot of vet now, but I too have vet on much harder units to vet up than you have and a much superior win ratio. Not only that, but I've also played a lot of games with randoms or n00bsauce players lately and _still_ maintain a healthy increasing amount of total xp in my company in addition to the uber W/L ratio. I don't have three arms or hackers in my employment, so whats possible for me is likely possible for others.

I'm also reaching the higher tier PP abilities by stomping hard left and right faster which is imo important.

Your ability to lose games and vet up your grenadiers and kch just proves that these units are easy to vet up if they are used conservatvely, big whoptifuckinghoo.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 06:08:10 pm by Smokaz » Logged
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2009, 06:05:02 pm »

Btw gamesguy, your big experiment is hereby labeled a insignificant failfly - I can see Somaliaman has a lot of vet now, but I too have vet on much harder units to vet up than you have and a much superior win ratio. Not only that, but I've also played a lot of games with randoms or n00bsauce players lately and _still_ maintain a healthy increasing amount of total xp in my company in addition to the uber W/L ratio.

Your ability to lose games and vet up your grenadiers and kch just proves that these units are easy to vet up if they are used conservatvely, big whoptifuckinghoo.

same with your allied vet3 mortars e.g orifles or rangers or blahblah
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2009, 06:07:58 pm »

Btw gamesguy, your big experiment is hereby labeled a insignificant failfly - I can see Somaliaman has a lot of vet now, but I too have vet on much harder units to vet up than you have and a much superior win ratio. Not only that, but I've also played a lot of games with randoms or n00bsauce players lately and _still_ maintain a healthy increasing amount of total xp in my company in addition to the uber W/L ratio.

Playing with random/noob players against random/noob players is different from playing with random/noob players against a team of good players.

Sherman isn't that hard to rank up in 006.   Because you couldn't repair them before so they were used to suicide.  Now that you can use them conservatively and do damage till they get low and then sit them at spawn and repair to do it all over again.  They can vet just like everything else.   The proof is the panzer IVs on the wehr leaderboard.

I'm also reaching the higher tier PP abilities by stomping hard left and right faster which is imo important.

And how many of those abilities can you afford?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 06:10:48 pm by gamesguy2 » Logged
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2009, 06:10:21 pm »

aloha is just pissed that his wehrmacht lost the mortar war, but have you considered that if your mortars were vet 3 they would gib my vet 3 one in 1 shot ?

is there even a argument in your post ?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 06:14:08 pm by Smokaz » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc