Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 09:13:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shoutcast 8 submissions - lanteville/Vengance  (Read 24637 times)
BlackBanana Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #80 on: December 15, 2008, 02:52:14 pm »

O.O I really have never ever seen in any mod I played of Company of Heroes a match like that one, where wehrmacht can actually throw away his first two callins, using an exploit (an assault bug that let you throw infinite grenades I assume) and still having munitions to spend on so many mg42, panzerschreks, assaults, lightmachineguns for every grenadiers squad... and still managing to win. THEY GOT TOTALLY RAPED! Grenades fail vs grens too. do not shoutcast this please. it's not worth a watch.

Ps: my compliments to that player named saint83 since his sherman micro was very good.
stumpster Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #81 on: December 15, 2008, 03:14:53 pm »

No, the assault grenade bug is that Assault comes for free on Volksgrenadiers (not intended).  However, I watched the replay and Apex was well within Munition limits, meaning that he did purchase Assault on his Volks.

But I do agree, that first Pioneer call-in was wasted.  The Tigers made up for it later though.  I loved the tank combat in the north.

Step out of the way. He'll keep going until he hits a wall, that being Akranadas. Let him go unmolested, his journey will take less time.
Apex Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #82 on: December 15, 2008, 03:18:20 pm »

O.O I really have never ever seen in any mod I played of Company of Heroes a match like that one, where wehrmacht can actually throw away his first two callins, using an exploit (an assault bug that let you throw infinite grenades I assume) and still having munitions to spend on so many mg42, panzerschreks, assaults, lightmachineguns for every grenadiers squad... and still managing to win. THEY GOT TOTALLY RAPED! Grenades fail vs grens too. do not shoutcast this please. it's not worth a watch.

Ps: my compliments to that player named saint83 since his sherman micro was very good.

If you dont actually have a clue, you better shut up. Dont talk about things you dont know about. It makes you look stupid.

The assault grenades in this mod work exactly like they do in vanilla, throwing 3-5 salvoes one after another during the weapon cooldown of a unit. The assault grenade bug in this mod is a bug which gives volks free assault grenades without buying them. It has therefore been officially ruled that if you want to use assault grenades on volks, you have to buy them on all of them. Which I did. 8 squads of volks with 8 assault upgrades, 8*60 mun = 480 mun out of 2225 mun.

Dont make fucking accusations without proof or actual knowledge about the subject.

Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #83 on: December 15, 2008, 03:20:00 pm »

Wow, relax man. Stumpster pretty much confirmed you aren't exploiting. Give the new guy a break.
BlackBanana Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #84 on: December 15, 2008, 03:26:28 pm »

I am sorry, and apologize, so it's not an exploit. anyway totally raping game, never seen axis so strong in my experience of vCoH, but think about it, assault in vcoh is balanced because you can easily avoid it retreating your squads so that you can use them later in the game. here in eir where retreat means squad no more helpful in that particular game it is incredible, volksgrenadiers can easily replace mortars, flames and many other useful and specific units! I think it's too much for a basic infantry unit. I also find that allowing so many antiinfantry units (LMGs) for elite infantry units is rather imbalanced considering the speed they can suppress and deal great damage from long range!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 03:35:00 pm by BlackBanana » Logged
stumpster Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #85 on: December 15, 2008, 03:29:01 pm »

Well, that's why it's a T3 unlock that requires you to then go and purchase it on any unit that you'd like to use it with.  I do agree that it is a very effective ability, it's hard to believe that in the past in was a T1 and came practically for free.  Tongue
Apex Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #86 on: December 15, 2008, 03:32:12 pm »

Wow, relax man. Stumpster pretty much confirmed you aren't exploiting. Give the new guy a break.

Trying to tell the new guy to take it easy when being the new guy. How about giving me a break   Wink   It's all good though.

Assault grenades are powerful in EiR, but as you saw they can easily backfire causing a lot of casualties (I think I had a 117 casualties, more than both of my teammates together and ran out of infantry before my first tiger hit the field).

The pioneers didnt work for several reasons:

- I didnt scout enough before attacking
- I rushed the attack because of the recon run, fearing a strafing run attack
- Didn't properly use my mine detectors
- My teammate did not support me, partly because I rushed it in

Maybe I should have gone to the north side of the road, not the southside were there was 3 hmgs.

Also Morka, in my experience it does not payoff to start with a panzer 4. You do not have the pop to properly support it and you spent most of the time sitting at the bunkers (wasting half of your population) getting repaired.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 05:46:07 pm by Apex » Logged
BlackBanana Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #87 on: December 15, 2008, 03:46:11 pm »

to stumpster: I do realize that t3 abilities are pretty cool, but aren't they too cheap? I wonder how the developers couldn't see that unlocking that ability is completly imbalanced, giving basic infantry other roles a part from the one it has (front line troops) is decreasing gameplay to hitthewinbutton. There was skill in his micro but the effort to play the same way is doubled as allies (according to classic gamestyle -no arty spam, strafe spam- simply microbased gameplay).

to APEX: I guess that you had so many casualties because you wasted lots of infantry units rushing an blobbing strong allies positions. What I find really disappointing is that you can easily manage to overwhelm the strongest allied choke point without much skill or flanking manouvres.

Everything referred to that particular game.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #88 on: December 15, 2008, 03:50:49 pm »

Should give this replay its own thread if the discussion continues, as this thread is really just to post replays :p.
Apex Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #89 on: December 15, 2008, 04:08:51 pm »

I think you need to get some more experience on the subject before calling things completely unbalanced.

The difference between game design and unit balance, the price compared to other units, the distinction of blitz as a doctrine without artillery, the high casualty rate which will leave you with little vet, these are all things you are not considering.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 05:53:29 pm by Apex » Logged
BlackBanana Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #90 on: December 15, 2008, 04:21:18 pm »

What I see looks imbalanced to my eyes.. Big infantry blob with assault grenades attacking heavy machine guns frontally, rather incongruent. And sayng: well but allies got their imba-stuff too doesn't make it more balanced (IF you were going to say that) according to me. You could tell me why it should be considered balanced instead.

Adding: didn't see you had edited the post, but 60 munitions is very cheap considering the ability, the mod setting and gameplay
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 04:24:03 pm by BlackBanana » Logged
EscforrealityTLS Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #91 on: December 15, 2008, 04:25:59 pm »

How about this, only Blitz get it, its at teir THREE ability AND you you have to pay munitions for it. They have no form of arty to remove entrenched positions but instead have an ability for all there infantry instead.

Hell other abilities like V1 you get for free eventually, why don't you cry imbalanced about that?

Pwanawan baby!
BlackBanana Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #92 on: December 15, 2008, 04:28:59 pm »

Ok fair enough, not having the possibility to clear out enemy positions with blitzkrieg at all makes it more than balanced, but necessary. Anyway, I still think that allied deserved to win.
Apex Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #93 on: December 15, 2008, 04:31:24 pm »

1v1
Draken Offline
Chess master
EIR Veteran

« Reply #94 on: December 17, 2008, 09:23:49 am »

Map: Tanteville

878th Armour (Draken)
606th Armour (MSGTUSMC)
1st Airborne (LegionofStGeorge)
vs
752nd Defensive (HMKingen)
244th Blitzkrieg (Silver1Wolf2)
91st Blitzkrieg (servosiege)

Smells, stacked but it wasn't so bad game.

Keywords:
-Calliopie
-Goliaths
-Pershings
-Mortars
-88s
-Tigers

Battle number: 8056

[attachment deleted by admin]
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #95 on: December 17, 2008, 10:11:04 am »

Draken.... wrong map  Tongue .

"Calliopie" lol.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Draken Offline
Chess master
EIR Veteran

« Reply #96 on: December 17, 2008, 11:36:33 am »

Lolz i thought it's tante and lante my bad.

Calliopie sounds good :-P.
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #97 on: December 17, 2008, 12:24:12 pm »

tante is fine, it wasn't in the module when i made this post..

it just needs to be a NEW map!

Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #98 on: December 17, 2008, 12:25:35 pm »

http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?topic=7003.0

http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?topic=7046.msg126652#msg126652
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 02:27:52 pm by Baine » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc