Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 04:08:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 006 Bugfix  (Read 11551 times)
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« on: August 08, 2009, 05:00:27 pm »

It has come to our attention that there was a severe bug (which is being fixed with this hotfix) that was known to several community members.

This phase of beta was to find balance problems with the high-end game, and because of this bug, it potentially throws all of our data-collecting out of whack.

We have done a complete query and know who abused this bug, it was extremely easy to track.  Our respect for those abusing it and not reporting it will be hard to rebuild.

All the data that was collected for this phase has now been polluted, and we are back to day 1 of data collation.
Thus, all battalions have been wiped.   Again.

Launcher Additions
- Veterancy descriptions are now supported, and will be updated soon.
- vCOH unit modifications are now supported and will be updated soon.

Bugfixes
- Fixed SP display for Vet 3 in launcher
- Commando's will no longer be effected by Tommy zeal, this was resulting in the commando snipers insanity.
-  American Officer has the same detection as the Defensive Officer.
-  Calliope is effected by its vet 3 damage 1.2 modifier as listed.

Again, this phase should only last ~ 1-2 weeks, which we were halfway through.  We just need to restart from scratch.

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 05:06:12 pm »

In other news, here's the map # games played top 10 from last reset up to now:

Tanteville (6) by spartan - 79 games
Nuenen (4) by Unkn0wn - 67 games
RTC (4) by Unkn0wn - 25 games
France (4) by Duck - 22 games
Church (4) by Duck - 22 games
Crossroads (4) by Kolath - 19 games
Bocage (6) by spartan - 19 games
Angoville (2) by Relic - 16 games
Abbeville (6) by Unkn0wn - 16 games
Schijndel (6) by Garnier - 16 games
Venue (4) by Duck - 12 games

Soon these will be listed on the right hand side for you to track daily Smiley
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 05:11:49 pm by Unkn0wn » Logged
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 05:06:44 pm »

Good thing baine reported it right after he found it out, unlike someone else I wont name here..

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2009, 05:11:20 pm »

FFS my jagds, at least tell me who did it so I can stomp him non stop.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Dragon2008 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2009, 05:13:34 pm »

Well id like to thank those people who abused for ruining it for the entire community and making us all wait longer for the next phase (sarc). Shocked I hope ur happy.  Angry

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1100T @ 3.3ghz
RAM: 4GB
Motherboard: ASUS M5A99X (EVO)
Graphics Card: ATI HD 6970 2GB
Hard Drive: 1TB
Draken Offline
Chess master
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2009, 05:15:15 pm »

That's how it worked, I never abused it I just knew how it worked.
Draken Offline
Chess master
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2009, 05:15:42 pm »

gay no edit.
Freek Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2009, 05:15:55 pm »

What bug?
wildsolus Offline
Donator

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2009, 05:17:07 pm »

nooo my awesomeness t17!!

Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2009, 05:23:31 pm »

I was told about this superbug earlier today, and my first question was "has it been reported?".  I was then informed that it had been reported and there was no need for me to personally report it.

I get PM's in vent from EIRRMOD and Unkn0wn implicating I had companies using this bug, which was sad but a part of their detective work I guess. I was shown it in action in a test game with Elitegren and Baine, but had no clue how to do it myself and no interest in it either.

It's sad that we had to do a reset to clear up people trying to get ahead in the game by abusing bugs, but I guess that's for the benefit of everyone so everyone knows noone has exploit-companies.

Just to clear things up with unknown and eirrmod.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dragon2008 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2009, 05:23:43 pm »

WOW that looks so gay. Only people who can't play fairly abuse to win.
wildsolus Offline
Donator

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2009, 05:25:03 pm »

so smokaz, that 3v3 we just played? did you guys have unlocked doctrines?
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2009, 05:27:21 pm »

I was told about this superbug earlier today, and my first question was "has it been reported?".  I was then informed that it had been reported and there was no need for me to personally report it.

I get PM's in vent from EIRRMOD and Unkn0wn implicating I had companies using this bug, which was sad but a part of their detective work I guess. I was shown it in action in a test game with Elitegren and Baine, but had no clue how to do it myself and no interest in it either.

It's sad that we had to do a reset to clear up people trying to get ahead in the game by abusing bugs, but I guess that's for the benefit of everyone so everyone knows noone has exploit-companies.

I asked how long you had known.

I had a list of people who had 'known' - and a list of people who had more selections than normal.

If you find a bug like this, even if someone says 'its been reported' unless that person is a mod or dev, report it anyway.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2009, 05:30:30 pm »

Uh I can only speak for myself and my accounts which are:

Smokaz (Smokaz2-11)
FingerTrapped
VaginaOfBravery

And they have never been contaminated with this kind of exploit-cheese. I have no knowledge if Draken or gamesguy however, but I sincerely doubt they'd be stupid enough to use a unreported bug on purpose in a "real" game to gain advantage. It would be pretty easy to spot when several t4's affected the same player. If someone has smurfed pretending to be me and had a exploit company, there's nothing I could have done to prevent it.
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2009, 05:32:42 pm »

Uh I can only speak for myself and my accounts which are:

Smokaz (Smokaz2-11)
FingerTrapped
VaginaOfBravery

And they have never been contaminated with this kind of exploit-cheese. I have no knowledge if Draken or gamesguy however, but I sincerely doubt they'd be stupid enough to use a unreported bug on purpose in a "real" game to gain advantage. It would be pretty easy to spot when several t4's affected the same player. If someone has smurfed pretending to be me and had a exploit company, there's nothing I could have done to prevent it.
I know Wink

The bug was only there for a short amount of time, and my logs didnt extend far enough back to see if any other accounts had contaminated the data collection.
anthony210 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2009, 05:33:20 pm »

IMO anyone who exploited this bug should be banned.  They have set the development back several days and they are directly to blame for this.

Even if you reported it...  There was no reason to play with 5 T4's,  this is not testing this is exploiting.

Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2009, 05:35:40 pm »

I asked how long you had known.

I had a list of people who had 'known' - and a list of people who had more selections than normal.

If you find a bug like this, even if someone says 'its been reported' unless that person is a mod or dev, report it anyway.

Well thats good that now have it set in stone that we should report regardless of other people reporting. I've "known" elitegren and played coh with him for 1+ year so I had zero reason to believe that if he said he had reported he really had not done so and instead purposely abused the bug. Anyways, I can see how its upsetting if there's a impression that people would rather abuse and exploit than report, but I really dont think thats how it is with any players in EIRR.
Mukip Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2009, 05:39:00 pm »

So has the MI bug been fixed too?
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2009, 05:41:23 pm »

Except Smokaz that people did use it. Once it was discovered that it could be done it should have been reported, not used in games.

EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2009, 05:50:26 pm »

Yeah, I know of 1 person that used it ingame and didnt report it after he found it. I dont think anyone else knew or has used it in real games.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc