Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 12:54:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: From: PE | To: EIRR  (Read 44154 times)
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2013, 08:54:38 am »

How can you make a comparison to OMG? You are taking one little piece from their mod as a comparison without taking into account the rest of their mod and balance of it. They do not even have Doctrines.......well, Tier one I guess, but you get my point.

OMG is a different play style and environment. Perhaps their assault grens are balanced for their environment. It does not automatically mean it will work for our environment.

Saying "OMG has it, so we should have it" is just kinda retarded TBH.

he's saying they are viable there

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2013, 09:03:07 am »

Didn't OMG have vCOH stats? I.e their PE should be even worse. Maybe you were just playing versus worse players...
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2013, 09:06:05 am »

im fairly certain we nerfed pe infantry at some point here relative to vcoh...

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2013, 09:22:55 am »

Yeah, we "nerfed" them with the armour swap+80hp and the free leader G43. I'm pretty sure they did not have a G43 for free in vcoh. As fun as it is to glorify soldier armor, the extra 15 health is better against most things (barrings BAR's and the like).

We could return their hp and armour and they'd likely suck even harder iirc.

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2013, 09:27:03 am »

its possible, im curious what you mean by 'the like', but I'd say I'd prefer having soldier armor over the health if that includes brens.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2013, 09:32:57 am »

Fix PE, revert their HT's to NOT kill everyone when they explode.

They used to be kings of the clowncar because you could ride around, and when it died, your men would just use it as cover.

Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2013, 09:46:05 am »

Didn't OMG have vCOH stats? I.e their PE should be even worse. Maybe you were just playing versus worse players...

yes OMG has vCOH stats. Also massive amounts of imbalance exist in that mod.

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2013, 09:56:57 am »

yes OMG has vCOH stats. Also massive amounts of imbalance exist in that mod.

Sooo..the same balance as this mod =)
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2013, 10:48:19 am »

55 HP Soldier armour is better literally only against BARs and IIRC Stens. Everything else - the 80 HP Regular armour is either equivalent to or better than the 55 HP soldier armour (most notably - splash-type weapons).

hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2013, 12:25:19 pm »

so why is the statisik so bad on PE side?

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
terrapinsrock Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2013, 12:26:05 pm »

secondly, undead, im 99% sure pe vehicles are immune to small arms fire for the most part...

No, the only vehicles that are not vulnerable to small arms are heavy tanks (Panther, Jagd) and some vehicles (IST, Hotchkiss), the rest can be killed with small arms if you swarm them

Bit hard when its flaunted infront of you as a  broken reward piece of ass you'll never get to shag with.
Current Vets:

AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2013, 12:29:40 pm »

No, the only vehicles that are not vulnerable to small arms are heavy tanks (Panther, Jagd) and some vehicles (IST, Hotchkiss), the rest can be killed with small arms if you swarm them

Truth. You can kill Marders with BARs, it's funny.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2013, 12:44:48 pm »

By saying "You can kill these vehicles with small arms" do you mean the 3 minutes at point blank range from rear armour? Because that's pretty much what's required to kill most of them.

The only truly vulnearable vehicles are the LATHT, 50mm ATHT and the Mortar HT. Beyond those 3.. most of them are, truth be told, not impervious, but close enough to being so that it really shouldn't matter anyway.

Obviously i'm leaving out the armed Schwim and the Ketten because I don't think they need to be mentioned.

The reason why PE is doing "poorly" is two-fold.

1. Same reason WM is doing poorly. People prefer playing axis to allies and allied players get to pick and chose games they're going to win.

2. Most people are under the impression PE is a second WM and play it as such, for disastrous effects - without making use of the many unique possibilities PE provides them. Stop thinking the Assault Gren is a re-skinned Oak Leaf KCH, start pretending the IST is an ostwind and start utilising them IHTs, scout cars and hotch stukas (and other units) in their intended role. You'll find games become a lot easier once you stop trying units do what they're not meant to do.
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2013, 01:00:11 pm »

if the devs keep insisting on giving PE new units that play like wehr, it might get there someday.
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2013, 01:33:07 pm »

if the devs keep insisting on giving PE new units that play like wehr, it might get there someday.

why do we want a second wehr faction?
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2013, 01:44:41 pm »

unclear
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2013, 02:00:22 pm »

why do we want a second wehr faction?

We don't. But the way many people argue balance or put up suggestions, it appears that's what they want.....

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
I2ay Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2013, 02:36:37 pm »

How can you make a comparison to OMG? You are taking one little piece from their mod as a comparison without taking into account the rest of their mod and balance of it. They do not even have Doctrines.......well, Tier one I guess, but you get my point.

OMG is a different play style and environment. Perhaps their assault grens are balanced for their environment. It does not automatically mean it will work for our environment.

Saying "OMG has it, so we should have it" is just kinda retarded TBH.

My argument isn't rooted in the idea that because OMG has them we should have them. Assault grens are a shit unit. There is zero sense at all buying them. I don't think they need a buff because they're an ok unit that should be better. I'm saying they're a terrible unit that should have some purpose. My argument is that if you play OMG you see a unit that does something, when you play EIR you see this big munitions sink that you buy once and never again. Even when they get up close they're lack luster at best. KCH get up close and shit dies, assault grens get up and you just sigh as they almost lose to even vanilla rifles. It's not as though they're even glass cannons, they're just pgrens that need to get up close to be SLIGHTLY more effective than vanilla pgrens, which is in no way worth their cost. I don't know how much you play PE tank but if you tried them out you'd understand where I'm coming from.

nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2013, 02:40:43 pm »

So, what you're saying then is grenadiers with MP44's in wher would be shit? Cause I think I could find a use or two for that.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2013, 02:44:13 pm »

On this topic, why the hell does Terror get the MP44 unlock? Give them move and fire LMGs with SF, and move MP44's to Blitz.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc