Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 02:11:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[May 08, 2024, 08:25:25 am]

[May 03, 2024, 11:54:46 pm]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [WM] Medic Bunker Does not Heal 88s  (Read 9813 times)
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2011, 05:58:36 am »

You only have so many units you can take into battle. If you have superior micro and are able to keep your ATGs alive by healing them constantly at a triage, that should be rewarded. There should also be more ways to heal your weapons, its very limited.
Every army should have a way to heal his units, as well as be able to heal his guns if he wants to.
The less healing options the more rush and die tactics aka noobtactics will be used instead of good micro in cover etc. in order to try to keep them alive.

Quote from: deadbolt
bad luck skaffa>  creates best and most played eir maps
                      >  hated for creating best and most played eir maps

Quote from: Tachibana
47k new all time record?

Quote from: deadbolt
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
panzerman Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2011, 06:04:14 am »

skaffa has a point there like u buy medkits on your grens so they can out attrition/ survive vs allied infantry.
same with rangers using hit and run tactics and going back to heal and repeat the process.

the medkits heal the guns though don't they?
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2011, 06:35:18 am »

It'd be alright if Vet 1 or Vet 2 gave the unit a Regen. In short Slowly recover its lost health if no other option is available. 88s had a Regen at vet 1 but the gun repair was removed for some reason, someone deemed it OP afair

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Hydro Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2011, 09:51:49 am »

It'd be alright if Vet 1 or Vet 2 gave the unit a Regen. In short Slowly recover its lost health if no other option is available. 88s had a Regen at vet 1 but the gun repair was removed for some reason, someone deemed it OP afair
Ye, that same person will probably say that leig regen is op.

Anyway-why should I buy 450 mp and 220 fuel (which is not that cheap to its effectivness) when I can call cheaper pak 40 that will outperform 88 and even on vet 3 will have same DPS? Oh and it is mobile
RoyalHants Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2011, 09:54:16 am »

*facepalms at Tym's logic*
flak 36 = luft
88 = def

Yeah calbanes, I mean - some people like smokaz are still yet to win a single game, even though they've been around here for years.

Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2011, 10:04:12 am »

the difference between healing the 88 gun and healing a howtizer or at gun is it's hard as heck to kill an 88 and if you're actually able to damage the gun, it's a much bigger deal than damaging an atg or 17 pdr because usually you're doing it with artillery, which will just take out the crew anyway, or an atg which will get sniped by the 88 in 2 hits. No, leave it the way it is, I personally wouldn't care if you weren't able to heal the gun of any unit, it's useful but imo i dont think it's needed.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2011, 10:27:33 am »

the difference between healing the 88 gun and healing a howtizer or at gun is it's hard as heck to kill an 88 and if you're actually able to damage the gun, it's a much bigger deal than damaging an atg or 17 pdr because usually you're doing it with artillery, which will just take out the crew anyway, or an atg which will get sniped by the 88 in 2 hits. No, leave it the way it is, I personally wouldn't care if you weren't able to heal the gun of any unit, it's useful but imo i dont think it's needed.

88 dies to 4 Anti tank gun shells. And which one is more expensive when it comes to that Tym? On top of it you said it: Arty rapes 88s because they are static. Having health regen for the gun itself is no OP nor anything else if you can take it out. You said it yourself. Artillery is the answer and solution. So are tactics. 88 Is no hard nut to crack. It is same like any other tank. Tactics defeats it. If 88 is crewless you can use your own atg to destroy the gun. If you have LoS to it. 88 can shoot your atg IF it has LoS to it. You see my point?

Plus Royaldodge 88 = Flak36 Flak 36 8.8 cm. Whole name of the 88 Anti-Aircraft gun
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2011, 10:40:45 am »

88 dies to 4 Anti tank gun shells.

Its also hard as fuck to get atg's in range of an 88 before they get killed

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2011, 11:10:18 am »

Its also hard as fuck to get atg's in range of an 88 before they get killed

Key words- Spotter, Smoke, Artillery, Flank, Bumrush

Kill the Spotter and spot yourself. Smoke the 88 to prevent the use of Suppression by the enemy. Optional, Arty the whole place until its nothing but moon surface. Everyone will run out of spotters at one point. Flank the 88, aka ignore it. Take the fighting elsewhere.

If all else fails. Use bumrush tactic. Charge it with everything, mainly vehicles that are fast. YOu have a huge succession rate of its destruction.

88 isn't hard to destroy, people are just either too dumb or lazy to find the right counters for it. Hell drive a churchill croc at it and flop down with hull down while torching it. You have small guarantee of success.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2011, 11:18:15 am »

Key words- Spotter, Smoke, Artillery, Flank, Bumrush

Kill the Spotter and spot yourself. Smoke the 88 to prevent the use of Suppression by the enemy. Optional, Arty the whole place until its nothing but moon surface. Everyone will run out of spotters at one point. Flank the 88, aka ignore it. Take the fighting elsewhere.

If all else fails. Use bumrush tactic. Charge it with everything, mainly vehicles that are fast. YOu have a huge succession rate of its destruction.

88 isn't hard to destroy, people are just either too dumb or lazy to find the right counters for it. Hell drive a churchill croc at it and flop down with hull down while torching it. You have small guarantee of success.

1 thats theory crafting

2 if you can rush it with that much, sure your pretty much guarenteed to kill it but is the cost going to be worth it.
RoyalHants Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2011, 11:40:09 am »

Plus Royaldodge 88 = Flak36 Flak 36 8.8 cm. Whole name of the 88 Anti-Aircraft gun
Yes i know but for luft its referd to as the flak 36 and for def its refferd to as the 88mm even have diffrent rgd entries
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2011, 12:39:55 pm »

an 88 and healing bunker will be a 450mp 220fu + pios with medic bunker = 560mp 140mu 220 fu

all static weapons like the 88, 105, 36, ect should get a repair kit, one it would give the enemy a good chance to attack the unit while it repairs, and 2 it would be neat to add doctrine buffs that all them to be used while repairing. but with the 105 it would be kind of dumb all you have to do is repair between a barrage, you won't suffer any negative effects, maybe after repairing your cool down restarts?

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
panzerman Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2011, 05:09:01 pm »

1 thats theory crafting

2 if you can rush it with that much, sure your pretty much guarenteed to kill it but is the cost going to be worth it.

tbh 2 m10's willl kill 88 pretty fast as they hit the gun more not the crew...and hit alot...and as long as u keep circling u will destroy the gun not just decrew it. croms also have pretty high acc vs 88 i think.
puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2011, 06:00:51 pm »

Explaine to me this then Tym. 

A 105 Regens its health, as a unit in the backfield not neeeded to be in direct line of fire and in all honesty is raly attacked. 

Its helth is regened... And you have not argued against that. 

The 88, IS used on the front line, to hold the line, will expect fire, and to take damage, just like a ATG, which can be healed... 

Reasons why the ATGS are priced so high?  Effectiveness...  Reason why the 88 is priced so high.... Fear. 

I an get 2 almost 3 greyhounds for the 88 price in fuel, or an M-20 or for 20 more FU a P4... 

For a unit that can not move, and needs good support or else it will be used against us... 

The 88 is the the equivelent of the 17pounder... Or was while it was an emplacement... 

Now please explain why it would be bad to heal the gun?  Anyone?  BEcause how often do the allied side have a lack of indiret fire, or a blob of infantry? 

Puddin' spamtm
i cant really blame smokaz i mean playing against puddin is like trying to fight off breast cancer. You might win and do it and be a bad ass but you'll feel sick and mutilated forever.

Puddin' spamtm is soulcrushing... what's hard to understand about that?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc