Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 03:59:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Today at 03:48:14 pm]

[May 08, 2024, 08:25:25 am]

[May 03, 2024, 11:54:46 pm]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: G43 suppression bug  (Read 5756 times)
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« on: June 13, 2011, 02:29:02 am »

Ability was used but commandos were not suppressed and slow also didn't work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2fm8MO_KBg

I would check this also with other units.

Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 04:42:31 am »

You expected your suppressed 2 man G43 squad to insta suppress the commando squad? They died before they could properly get the suppression going. This is not a bug.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 04:43:27 am »

plus the commandos had just used smoke.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 04:43:40 am »

You expected your suppressed 2 man G43 squad to insta suppress the commando squad? They died before they could properly get the suppression going. This is not a bug.

Suppression instantly kicks in when you press the button,  it is a bug.Commandos should get suppressed at the same moment when yellow floating text shows.(they did not get slowed either)

I can provide replay with properly working g43 if needed.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 04:47:00 am by nugnugx » Logged
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2011, 04:47:38 am »

It's not, quit being silly.

How about you do it over in a proper set-up with commandos (without activating smoke) running at a non-suppressed, full health, G43 squad.
Rudy-sanErik Offline
Donator

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2011, 05:04:01 am »

i use slow all the time and works fine for me  Wink

Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2011, 06:04:14 am »

ok, if they weren't slowed, what was that icon above their head? it looked like they got slowed but  didn't get suppressed cuz he hit smoke as soon as he saw it, which breaks suppression.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2011, 06:44:47 am »

The squad got raped. Try it without the G43's dying in .7 of a second. The ability isn't intended to be a magical slow that grips from beyond the grave

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2011, 07:02:54 am »

+1

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2011, 07:03:29 am »

Ha, your kidding right nug?

Just like BAR supp. fire, increased suppression abilities just boost a gun's suppression so that it makes the target hit their suppression threshold faster (then they are suppressed)

If you die 2 seconds after popping the ability then it will not work.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2011, 07:04:52 am »

Thats why it takes time to do BAR supresssion. The new vcoh patch didnt make g43 suppression instantanious it just made it very potent very fast, but not .7 secondes fast
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2011, 07:07:20 am »

ok, if they weren't slowed, what was that icon above their head? it looked like they got slowed but  didn't get suppressed cuz he hit smoke as soon as he saw it, which breaks suppression.

I was the one using commandos, smoke was used before running to them. When they were slowed they were out of smoke

Try it without the G43's dying in .7 of a second. The ability isn't intended to be a magical slow that grips from beyond the grave

For abilities of this type it does not matter if 1 guy with 1 hp suppressed is using it or full squad because full effect is in effect at the same moment when you press the button and target the squad with the reticle.

Just like BAR supp. fire, increased suppression abilities just boost a gun's suppression so that it makes the target hit their suppression threshold faster (then they are suppressed)

No it's different to bar supp fire.  Just like old slow instantly affected target , now the suppression instantly affects target.

he new vcoh patch didnt make g43 suppression instantanious it just made it very potent very fast

It is instantenous.

Watch this vs other inf,  at the moment of using ability when the floating text appears they get instantly suppressed and slowed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhgckzE926w

That's why vs commandos it's a bug.

Would make no other sense if the suppression was NOT instantenous because having 5 second slow would be a very big nerf to g43 without the ability to suppress instantly.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 07:12:07 am by nugnugx » Logged
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2011, 07:22:39 am »

I was the one using commandos, smoke was used before running to them. When they were slowed they were out of smoke

For abilities of this type it does not matter if 1 guy with 1 hp suppressed is using it or full squad because full effect is in effect at the same moment when you press the button and target the squad with the reticle.

No it's different to bar supp fire.  Just like old slow instantly affected target , now the suppression instantly affects target.

It is instantenous.

Watch this vs other inf,  at the moment of using ability when the floating text appears they get instantly suppressed and slowed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhgckzE926w

That's why vs commandos it's a bug.

Would make no other sense if the suppression was NOT instantaneous because having 5 second slow would be a very big nerf to g43 without the ability to suppress instantly.

You are wrong. The only thing here that doesn't make sense is slow not working, slow IS instantaneous, the suppression effect isn't.

Read the RGD's, It is called Warning Shot (idk why)

2x suppression
0.1 cool down
0.15 damage

G43 isn't a instantaneous suppress on target like old tankshock was.

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2011, 07:23:45 am »

, slow IS instantaneous, the suppression effect isn't.

watch the link. Suppression is instantenous. You cannot say otherwise because that is a fact.

PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2011, 07:33:26 am »

watch the link. Suppression is instantenous. You cannot say otherwise because that is a fact.

It's not instant, the devs just said otherwise, weren't you listening? The ability increases their suppression so they have to actually fire their weapons to be able to suppress.

The video you provided weren't with commandos, The G43 holders were not suppressed and the Allied units had no smoke to protect them from suppression.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 07:34:57 am by PonySlaystation » Logged
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2011, 07:45:08 am »

It's not instant, the devs just said otherwise, weren't you listening? The ability increases their suppression so they have to actually fire their weapons to be able to suppress.

If someone said to you that sun is blue would you believe them even though you see it as white with your own eyes? 

The video you provided weren't with commandos
vs all other infantry it is,
logic dictates that if it is not only on 1 unit it must be a bug.

The G43 holders were not suppressed and the Allied units had no smoke to protect them from suppression.
This has nothing to do in this specific case while using this ability.

If it's not a bug then the only explanation can be that the 1 guy which was not smoked, allowed to be targeted and ability was used before everyone went out of smoke and somehow the ability was neglected- which in itself might be a bug.
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2011, 08:08:21 am »

Looking at the RGD's, there is a subaction under action_3 under start_target_actions that adds 0.5 suppression to the target. They still have to be able to target them first. Thats no bug.

Congrats nugnug you might have just nerfed G43 suppress if the dev's deem that 0.5 suppression a bug.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 08:17:53 am by DarkSoldierX » Logged
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2011, 05:04:02 pm »

LOL!

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2011, 06:15:06 pm »

I have to agree with Burn after watching the first youtube video.. the axis were suppressed and down to 2 man and died in under .7 seconds roughly... not even BAR suppression is instantaneous and they were suppressed shooting at guys who had just reset their suppression threshold and some of the squad was out of the smoke cover...

Congratulations, dear sir...I must say, never before have I seen such precise gunnery displayed. - CrazyWR (on Leaderboard Howitzers)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc